Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 389
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me if 1k was accurate. Zavvi have noticed that none of their steelbooks are selling out (barring the early animated ones) and don't really want to sell them on the cheap, as even with massive price drops some of them haven't sold out.

Solution? Have fewer stock that will then be snapped up at full price.

Reactions: Hatross
Wouldn't surprise me if 1k was accurate. Zavvi have noticed that none of their steelbooks are selling out (barring the early animated ones) and don't really want to sell them on the cheap, as even with massive price drops some of them haven't sold out.

Solution? Have fewer stock that will then be snapped up at full price.

Agree, but I think a better solution wld be better film selection, multiple discs and higher quality finishing :movie:

The first hour of this movie was a true pain, but thankfully the last hour gained more action (;)).

This was one film i missed at the cinema which is a shame because i heard it was pretty enjoyable. 1k run for UK is extremely small, probably will sell out very fast...Until Zavvi find the other 3k knocking about at the back of the warehouse.

Interesting. I guess this will be the same artwork Worldwide as it is a Paramount release, but it would be great if Zavvi had pulled off something great and got WEA. I suppose the price will probably be £22.99/£23.99 as it is the top end of Zavvi's pricing scale.