Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of how good the movie is or how many are released, there are always those that will buy just because of the quantity run announced. There is only one way to completely prove that there are only 1000 printed and that would be to have them individually numbered, otherwise no one will know how many were produced. They could state that 500 were made and release 1500. If no one specifically can get them all in one place, here is no way to prove anything.

That is true but at the same time the price will still go higher resale because people always fall for that exclusive low number trick. Easy sales pitch right there

I'll probably get it but please, don't get an October release date. This should not be more than £17.99 like Olympus Has Fallen. If it is like the price of Iron Man 3, I will think twice.

Reactions: harry
World War Z is numbered, so it's possible this will be too.

Thought the WWZ numbering was something that Entertainment Store themselves had arranged (As they tried to do it on Star Trek but didn't have time)? So not sure if Zavvi will be prepared to put in the same effort.

Though I would be pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong.

I'll probably get it but please, don't get an October release date. This should not be more than £17.99 like Olympus Has Fallen. If it is like the price of Iron Man 3, I will think twice.

Don't know how accurate this is but the amaray release date is December 23, 2013 according to Sainsbury's.

Reactions: darczap
I just hope i can get dvd, digital copy etc with the release, for the money, UK tends to get painfully little.

Kudos to FS, most of their steelies, Cars 2, Nemo etc. came with digital copy etc.

Initially thought this film looked crap but then saw a trailer when we went to see Kick Ass 2 which was really quite funny so I'm in for this

As a side note it's sad people are interested in this steel based on the edition size alone :(

Reactions: ocielz and Ricker