Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
Kermode just voices his opinion, and in my opinion he's wrong most of the time :D

i think he does a fairly decent job most of the time - he loved The Dark Knight for example - but he might seem a bit too PC sometimes. i cant really say as i havent seen too many of his reviews recently, but he does think The Exorcist is the best movie of all time, which i really respect :thumbs:

Reactions: blade803 and cooey
i think he does a fairly decent job most of the time - he loved The Dark Knight for example - but he might seem a bit too PC sometimes. i cant really say as i havent seen too many of his revies receently, but he does think The Exorcist is the best movie of all time, which i really respect :thumbs:

I'll never say someone is wrong for voicing their opinion as everyone is entitled to it, it's just the way he drones on and on and on about something that does my head in. And I find he's one of these reviewers that if a movie is made and not meant to be taken seriously and is just a simple switch-your-brain-off and enjoy type movie he immediately doesn't like it. I find him quite arrogant too.... but that's just me

But lets keep on topic :D :movie:

Reactions: SaberTooth
At least I know I will be saving money with this movie, easy pass :movie:

Just saw that the Print run is 1000? so this is actually gonna be valuable which is sad

A 1000 run sounds right, any higher and I reckon this would struggle so the limited nature will keep it shifting. The film was alright to sit through, some good performances and different from other recent films. Wouldn't want to see it twice though so an easy miss for me.

Bit surprised ES didn't get this since they have a deal with Paramount. Can only assume they passed on it because only 1k would be available. Will definitely be getting one of these though.

Bit surprised ES didn't get this since they have a deal with Paramount. Can only assume they passed on it because only 1k would be available. Will definitely be getting one of these though.

I'm glad ES didn't get this! Zavvi may actually (and hopefully) be cheaper

I think the 1k print run is forcing a lot of peoples hands into getting it because everyone is chasing the Exclusive titles now. So many will get this based on its 1k print run rather then how good the movie actually is

I think the 1k print run is forcing a lot of peoples hands into getting it because everyone is chasing the Exclusive titles now. So many will get this based on its 1k print run rather then how good the movie actually is

Regardless of how good the movie is or how many are released, there are always those that will buy just because of the quantity run announced. There is only one way to completely prove that there are only 1000 printed and that would be to have them individually numbered, otherwise no one will know how many were produced. They could state that 500 were made and release 1500. If no one specifically can get them all in one place, here is no way to prove anything.