PC to Apple - making the switch

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I am going to be making the switch to a macbook in the near future and i just wanted to have a place that i could throw out some questions if i had them. my first question is what do i need to do with my external drive to make it compatible with the macbook. all of my photos music movies etc. are on an external drive that is PC formatted. I assume i can't just plug this into a macbook and off i go. what do i need to do?

thanks.

is there a word processor that comes with the Macbook? I really don't even need a processor, just something like Notepad or Wordpad.

nvmnd, i found it. Textedit.

Last edited:
So i finally getting around to checking the settings of my router. Holly already had the WAN settings set the way you suggested, NAT to open and Disabled SIP ALG. In other words I have no idea what the problem could be now. I reset both the router and the modem so we'll see what that does for me.

Hi guys I'm back, haha. How does one uninstall a program from the MacBook? Do you just drag and drop it in the trash. I don't see anywhere to "uninstall".

Yup, or you can download AppZapper which gets rid of the folders applications install and do not get deleted. It's called the uninstaller that Apple forgot! lol

It's pretty awesome app, I'd suggest you to get it. Not sure if it is still freeware though.

You could also just drag the app to the trash

me like dragging to the garbage.

another rather rediculous question. A friend of mine is thinking of making the switch but he's worried about Word files. If he creates a Word file using the MS Office suite for Mac will it open seemlessly Word for PC or will there be some screwing around.

Thanks.

oh ya, and another. I'm very confused when using the iPhoto app. I have a shitload of photos on an external drive that I thought I'd like to have in this program to organize them. when I import them do they get copied to the HD somewhere or does the program leave them where they were and just view them from there? I'd rather not import them if it's gonna put them all on my HD cause there is allot of them and will eat up my drive.

Last edited:
me like dragging to the garbage.

another rather rediculous question. A friend of mine is thinking of making the switch but he's worried about Word files. If he creates a Word file using the MS Office suite for Mac will it open seemlessly Word for PC or will there be some screwing around.

Thanks.

There shouldn't be any problems opening documents made in mac on Windows machines and viceversa.