Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 7th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Zavvi.com
Price: £19.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £21.99 (Zavvi)

01.jpg

Last edited:
At Xtra-vision this is GBP 15.29 with Bank Holiday Code BH1515 good until the end of Monday the 31/8/15 for anyone interested.
I presume this code is also good for other pre-order steelbooks though I haven't checked.

At Xtra-vision this is GBP 15.29 with Bank Holiday Code BH1515 good until the end of Monday the 31/8/15 for anyone interested.
I presume this code is also good for other pre-order steelbooks though I haven't checked.
Yep works on 'em all. I've ordered Jurassic World and Ted 2 with it :)

If steelbooks are the premium packaging for Blu-rays I'm surprised and shocked to see that this particular steelbook edition doesn't have a 3D disc which I've just seen is available in a plastic-cased edition (n)?
Not cool !!!

If steelbooks are the premium packaging for Blu-rays I'm surprised and shocked to see that this particular steelbook edition doesn't have a 3D disc which I've just seen is available in a plastic-cased edition (n)?
Not cool !!!
Steelbook collectors getting shafted over content again. ...but as you say a steelbook is simply packaging.

Not cool !!!

That has always been a problem in the UK. Studios feel UK consumers don't want 3D. US studios think otherwise, as we most always get 3D discs in our steels. There will be a MetalPak for this film released at Best Buy here in the states.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Thanks for that but I don't buy steelbooks from The States (or from anywhere outside the U.K.) though I do import from the U.S. masses of regular Blu-rays of films not yet / unlikely to be / released here in the U.K.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record I feel it's a very poor show not to include the best and latest content available in what is designed to be premium packaging (the steelbook or the future/metal/steel/pack) especially with a brand new film and when 3D is available.

I understand that the people behind this may expect enough of us to buy the steelbook for GBP 15 - 20 and also the 3D Amaray for a similar amount - making a combined purchase price of up to 40 quid - and then, what, switch the discs around to give the purchaser the best content in the best packaging !?
For between 30 - 40 quid I would hope so . . . LOL.

As we all know this is not the first time it has happened and I expect it won't be the last and I'll not be pre-ordering this (though was tempted a while back when it was a fair bit cheaper) until the price is adjusted to what I consider to be reasonable.

Well I'm going to be Controversial - I laughed all the way through this movie
Maybe it's my age but I thought it was great !

I also agree with virkia - Steelbooks should be a premium product.
I got into collecting because of a few releases that had all the extras, the dvd version, a UV code etc - I was happy to pay a good price for them too but some companies are taking the mickey treating them as an alternative packaging and just including a blu-ray movie