Places to go for Steelbooks (US / Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2013
York, UK
Hi all,

We (the family and I) have just booked a holiday to the States and Canada in July. It seems way off but I was curious to see if any Ninjas had any tips for places to go while I'm over there to pick up any nice steels. At the minute my collection is pretty much just UK steels with a few odd ones from elsewhere so it would be great to get a few additions. We are going to Toronto, New York and Washington so it's quite a specific in terms of locations but more generally speaking are places like Best Buy worth sneaking into to see what's on the shelves on any given day? I'll have to do a lot of my searching on the sly as I don't think anyone else on the trip will appreciate my quest!

Anyway any suggestions or tips you guys have would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hi,
i am not from US or Canada but i think the only interesting retailers you should visit are Future Shop CA and Best Buy US...XD

EDIT: especially if you want to add some steels from these countries to your collection.I just tell this because for people who want to make money,visiting retailers is not the best place to go,cause the really rare stuff is sold out and the "normal" valued steels only remain on the shelves^^

Last edited:
It will be very much about expanding my collection for steels with different artwork and maybe picking up one or two steels we aren't getting over in the UK. Future Shop was another one I had thought about. I was curious whether places like FS or BB actually stock that many different steelbooks on a regular basis like HMV over here tends to do (normally 1 or 2 units of quite a few different ones) or if they tend to get them in for big releases and then not have any til the next release?

FutureShop usually has some Steelbooks still in stock. Best Buy, not so much you rarely find older steelbooks. Sometimes I get lucky in 2nd hand stores and pawn shops but again it's rare.

Well this trip is sneaking up on me and I wondered if anyone had anymore suggestions or thoughts based on recent experience? Cheers

In the US there is Target and Wall-Mart which are getting all the steels in the US at the moment. There is Best Buy but they aren't too big on steels. Future Shop in canada have loads of older steels (not so much the rare ones) but stuff like the Spider-man trilogy which aren't worth much, but they are quite hard to get hold of outside of Canada. Also there is CEX in the states, but other than that, i not too sure buddy :thumbs:

The other thing you could do is look online on sites sich as Tower.com and Movietyme.com and order films which only ship to the UK and have them post to where you are staying :)

Depending on when you go you may be able to pick up Evil Dead and Django Unchained from Target and Futureshop as well ;)

You can try HMV in Canada as well, they mostly have the new "no inner art" steels but there is the odd older steel in there sometimes. Your best bet is FS though, hit as many of them as you can.

Well this trip is sneaking up on me and I wondered if anyone had anymore suggestions or thoughts based on recent experience? Cheers

Just try the closest Futureshop locations. They usually have the most of the recently released steelbooks and some older ones too (depending on the store).

Cheers guys, some helpful ideas - I'm not expecting too bring too many back but one or two new ones would be great. We've got a free day in Toronto so Futureshop it is! I've got the UK Evil Dead on order but going to have a look for the versions over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.