Purchase link: Planet Earth (live)
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest response from Zavvi:

"I can confirm that this issue is currently being investigated by the relevant department, you will be updated as soon as possible regarding this."

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
I would obviously prefer to have all the extras that Zavvi said it would. Bearing that in mind should I bother contacting zavvi about the missing Planet Earth - The Future or are they just likely to fob me off!?

I would obviously prefer to have all the extras that Zavvi said it would. Bearing that in mind should I bother contacting zavvi about the missing Planet Earth - The Future or are they just likely to fob me off!?
The more numbers of customers complain is better it's makes it harder for Zavvi to do nothing about it
Customers need to complain to Zavvi but also the BBC as well even though it's Zavvi responsibility for the sale of the goods description to be accurate

Keeping Silent = They don't have to do anything about it

The more customers that complain means better chance of been provided with missing content that was advertised as part of the product for sale

The more numbers of customers complain is better it's makes it harder for Zavvi to do nothing about it
Customers need to complain to Zavvi but also the BBC as well even though it's Zavvi responsibility for the sale of the goods description to be accurate

The more customers that complain means better chance of been provided with missing content that was advertised as part of the product for sale
I'll make my complaint once the product is in hand.

I'll be contacting Zavvi immediately as soon as I have received the item. As I already had the UK plastic case release from 2007, the extra disc was the deciding factor for me.

Totally agree. One or two complaints they'll try and manage to fob off through offers of refunds etc., but the more that complain and make a fuss about it, the more likely they are to sit up and take notice.

I'll be contacting Zavvi immediately as soon as I have received the item. As I already had the UK plastic case release from 2007, the extra disc was the deciding factor for me.
Same, I already have the globe. Wanted the extras (and the steel)

Reactions: Ranavalone
It has a slight gloss finish
It's not like usual full gloss but it's not a matte finish
Fingerprint magnet

13051673_10208653912005783_7100146302221718868_n.jpg 13103260_10208653912525796_2758395709854413909_n.jpg 13087604_10208653914125836_8924733296124499975_n.jpg
13087465_10208653913005808_5897447738930834606_n.jpg 13082545_10208653913445819_6108441343542330166_n.jpg 13096365_10208653914845854_3569435186099608391_n.jpg
13095813_10208653915165862_3839980659295953150_n.jpg 13062522_10208653915445869_205872656029619338_n.jpg 13087752_10208653915645874_7320975081642208082_n.jpg

Same Discs as the 2007 Release
13094303_10208653916165887_4172531684678757263_n.jpg

It does not include
Planet Earth - The Future
as listed in the description on Zavvi Website

I have sent a message to Zavvi and I also contacted BBC Worldwide in regards to missing content
I'm awaiting a reply from both of them

Last edited:
Zavvi have replied to me
This was their reply
Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please could you provide us with a quote on how much it would cost to get this product returned to us and then we will be able to look into this matter for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards

I have replied to this reply with the following

Hi
I do not want to return the steelbook
I want Zavvi to arrange to send me the missing content or you get the BBC to arrange this

The description of goods for sale does not match the website description of goods sold
Zavvi are legally responsible to supply goods as described as per both UK Consumer Rights Act and European Consumer Rights Directive

I expect Zavvi to arrange with the BBC to supply all customers the missing content which Zavvi advertised comes with the steelbook
The missing content is Planet Earth - The Future
The BBC have Planet Earth -The Future on a DVD

Please arrange with the BBC to supply this to customers

You have a lot of customers who pre ordered this all of them I expect be supplied the missing Planet Earth The Future Disc so goods sold matches the description when purchased

Thank You
Paul Boland

Zavvi have replied to me
This was their reply
Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please could you provide us with a quote on how much it would cost to get this product returned to us and then we will be able to look into this matter for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards

I have replied to this reply with the following

Hi
I do not want to return the steelbook
I want Zavvi to arrange to send me the missing content or you get the BBC to arrange this

The description of goods for sale does not match the website description of goods sold
Zavvi are legally responsible to supply goods as described as per both UK Consumer Rights Act and European Consumer Rights Directive

I expect Zavvi to arrange with the BBC to supply all customers the missing content which Zavvi advertised comes with the steelbook
The missing content is Planet Earth - The Future
The BBC have Planet Earth -The Future on a DVD

Please arrange with the BBC to supply this to customers

You have a lot of customers who pre ordered this all of them I expect be supplied the missing Planet Earth The Future Disc so goods sold matches the description when purchased

Thank You
Paul Boland
Do those Consumer Rights Act and Directive cover us US citizens?

Do those Consumer Rights Act and Directive cover us US citizens?
Yes if purchased from a retailer within the European Union

It don't matter if you live outside the UK or a your not from European Union country
The Consumer Rights Act and European Consumer Rights Directive applies to where the retailer is based

If the retailer is registered business in either the UK or a European Union Country the customer has these rights that covers you regardless if the customer is not based in UK or the EU

EU Consumer Rights Directive strengthens consumers' rights wherever and whenever they shop in Europe – online or on the high street.

• Helpful Post
Zavvi have now removed all reference to the steelbook including
Planet Earth The Future

For anyone that needs the original website description
Here is a screenshot of the website description before they removed the description showing it includes Planet Earth The Future
Screenshot (126).png Screenshot (127).png

• Helpful Post
Zavvi have now removed all reference to the steelbook including
Planet Earth The Future

For anyone that needs the original website description
Here is a screenshot of the website description before they removed the description showing it includes Planet Earth The Future
View attachment 235958 View attachment 235959
They must have removed that reference today, as it was still there this morning when I looked!

Update from Zavvi, all:
"It has been brought to our attention that the content we were given for the Planet Earth Steelbook was incorrect and the set did not actually include ’Planet Earth The Future’ as advertised. We have taken this up with the supplier and are awaiting a response. We have removed the incorrect content."

Woo! Mine arrived today. A few teeny tiny dings on the front. It's missing that bonus content ;-) I guess I'll just have to message Zavvi

image.jpeg

Zavvi have emailed me back & asked me how many discs are included. Could this mean there is a disc missing after all?

Am I right in assuming that the previous set that had the missing 'The Future' was a 6 disc set (albeit DVDs) or was it still a 5 disc set but had it on the extras disc?

Zavvi have emailed me back & asked me how many discs are included. Could this mean there is a disc missing after all?

Am I right in assuming that the previous set that had the missing 'The Future' was a 6 disc set (albeit DVDs)?
Planet Earth the Future in UK was a DVD only and was only available with the Planet Earth DVD Special Edition Box Set
It was not in the UK Blu-ray Special Edition release

All Zavvi have to do is get the BBC supply the Dvd of Planet Earth the Future and send this to customers who pre ordered while the description listed it included Planet Earth the Future

Planet Earth the Future in UK was a DVD only and was only available with the Planet Earth DVD Special Edition Box Set
It was not in the UK Blu-ray Special Edition release

All Zavvi have to do is get the BBC supply the Dvd of Planet Earth the Future and send this to customers who pre ordered while the description listed it included Planet Earth the Future
In all likelihood do you think this will actually happen or is it just wishful thinking?

In all likelihood do you think this will actually happen or is it just wishful thinking?
I have kept my replies to them supply goods as described and provide the missing content as that is what I paid for and was not informed of any changes to the content by Zavvi before payment was taken.

Zavvi are responsible for the website listings to be accurate in regards to description of goods for sale
Artwork changes is different they are covered as that is listed subject to change
Discs content is totally different and must be accurate in the description of goods for sale
You either have the contents description correct or don't list any
It clearly listed it included the Planet Earth the Future and that is what should have been included in the steelbook

If an error of content is noticed this must happen before customer has paid for goods ordered and customer contacted and given the option of accepting the change of content described or option to cancel their order
You often see the likes of Amazon email customers when this happens giving them option to accept or cancel before payment is taken when a release has content changes

Once payment has been taken and goods ordered supplied the contents must be as described on the website when ordered.
If the customer was not informed of any change to its content been changed then they have rights to expect to be supplied any missing items

Changing the description of item for sale after orders already had payment taken and despatched does not cover Zavvi it only means new orders they get are not advertising wrong contents for sale.

The content does exist as it on a Dvd so it is just a matter of the BBC supplying Zavvi with this Disc
Responsibility lies with Zavvi the retailer for the description of goods for sale be accurate even if the BBC Distributor allegedly supplied them with incorrect details in the first place

They sent me a reply this morning
Unfortunately their has been an error with the information provided by our suppliers, I can confirm that Planet Earth - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook does not include a disc of Planet Earth - The Future. We pride ourselves on having accurate information on our website, but on this occasion there has been an error which has subsequently been amended.

That reply does not solve the issue for customers who pre ordered paid for goods and expected it include Planet Earth The Future
The simple solution is supply the missing Disc Planet Earth the Future