Poltergeist (Remake) 2015 - In theaters July 24, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Poltergeist_Header.jpg

20th Century Fox and MGM have released the trailer and poster for Poltergeist, opening in theaters on July 24, 2015. Check them out below!

Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, Evil Dead, The Grudge) and director Gil Kenan (Monster House) contemporize the classic tale about a family whose suburban home is haunted by evil forces. When the terrifying apparitions escalate their attacks and hold the youngest daughter captive, the family must come together to rescue her before she disappears forever.

Written by David Lindsay-Abaire, Poltergeist boasts an impressive cast, including Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt, Jared Harris, Saxon Sharbino, and Jane Adams, along with 8-year-old Kennedi Clements as Madison, a play on the iconic Carol Anne (Heather O’Rourke) from the original.

Poster:
poltergeist_poster_large.jpg

Trailer:

popcorn2.gif

My only gripe with the remake so far is the replacement of Tangina with a male medium. He does not look good at all I dont think. Looks too fake to me but that might be due to my love of Zelda Rubinstein's performance growing up! RIP Zelda! :(

Normally remakes of older classics suck as they do not actually give the 'scare factor'. I hope they prove me wrong!

I watched the trailer, and i am not much impressed. It looks solid, but...also it looks boooorinng. Nothing new in the topic.

Hah! Looks decent...original though I agree is a classic. Good to see some possibly scary horror movies on their way...it's been awhile since I've seen a good one!