Purchase link:
Amazon.co.jp
HMV.co.jp
Notes: Limited to 1,500 copies

81t6AMSGfJL._AA1240_.jpg

91GWJi5U5JL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hell no! i wouldnt go near that thing without a hazmat suit

lol.. nah i totally understand that such a damage can be massively annoying ;)

Last edited:
I paid for gift wrap...

The have delivered it without gift wrap...

20140707_125206_resized.jpg

With note paste directly over metalpak...

20140707_125715_resized.jpg

And, of course, metalpak came damaged...

20140707_125504_resized.jpg

And, of course, I bought a futurepak, and the have sent a metalpak...

Great, amazon.jp, great!!!

Last edited:
I cancelled my order for this weeks ago as it's a Metalpak and not the better quality Futurepak.
Glad I did as looking at the photos I'm not overly impressed with the quality. :ohno:

Well, finally not too bad.
I've sent pics to amazon and gave me total refund for damage item and gift coupon of 300 yens.
Now I can live with my not so mint rambo metalpak...

:ugh:

Last edited:
Novobox webpage consider "star metalpaks" as a subtype of futurepak...

http://www.novoboxworld.com/index.php/futurepak

In the futurepak category we can see metalpaks too...

That's not what is in dispute here. What Novo is claiming is that ANOTHER company took their patented design and sold items in Japan as MetalPaks. MetalPaks have been discontinued for some time now.

Well, Rambo and Escape Plan are both released by Pony Canyon in Japan... Rush is as well and it's also a limited metal case, so has anyone opened up Rambo or Escape plan yet to see what it says inside the case as to the manufacturer?

Well, Rambo and Escape Plan are both released by Pony Canyon in Japan... Rush is as well and it's also a limited metal case, so has anyone opened up Rambo or Escape plan yet to see what it says inside the case as to the manufacturer?

I looked and couldn't see anything

I looked and couldn't see anything

Hmmm, I won't bother contacting Amazon as they won't know. I could contact Pony Canyon, but they do not even have it in their JP release list, so would likely not be able to tell me anything.

I really don't know who to go to to press for some answers, otherwise I would try to help out.
:confused:

That's not what is in dispute here. What Novo is claiming is that ANOTHER company took their patented design and sold items in Japan as MetalPaks. MetalPaks have been discontinued for some time now.

Hmmm, I won't bother contacting Amazon as they won't know. I could contact Pony Canyon, but they do not even have it in their JP release list, so would likely not be able to tell me anything.

I really don't know who to go to to press for some answers, otherwise I would try to help out.
:confused:

dv8mad - Novobox has a number of options here but will take further enquiries...Worst case scenario - Sales on Amazon will be stopped pending investigation.

Jorge, would you be able to check with Novo to see if the upcoming Act of Valor is a fake, too? I'm assuming that previous releases from Japan -- The Grandmaster, Bullet to the Head, The Last Stand -- those were all fakes as well.