Rare Video Game Steelbook Discussion

I scored a Need For Speed: Undercover steelbook on Ebay today :D

Didn't see a thread for it, so I thought I would post here lol, as it's (at least I think it is) a rare one

congratulation. It's one of my favorite steelbook because the cover is the beautiful actress Maggie Q.... she's in a bunch of movies.... It also includes a DVD as a bonus. This steelbook is a must-have for Maggie Q fans.

Maggie Q movie bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Q

:scat: I paid over $200 for that one...anything less is hella good deal. It sold for $300+ before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkHJzHIbQQg

I scored a Need For Speed: Undercover steelbook on Ebay today :D

Didn't see a thread for it, so I thought I would post here lol, as it's (at least I think it is) a rare one

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FanOfGaming
yes, it's Christina Milian. You know your girls... :)

Here's an old picture of mine...love it.

img2807s.jpg

That's a great trailer. Hadn't seen that one before. Was that also Christina Milian in that trailer?

Now i gotta check out the steelbook.

So total noob question here if this is the wrong thread for this I apologize.

New to collecting and I see people listing things next to teh steelbooks G1/G2

what do these letters and numbers mean?

So total noob question here if this is the wrong thread for this I apologize.

New to collecting and I see people listing things next to teh steelbooks G1/G2

what do these letters and numbers mean?

G1 refers to DVD sized steelbooks, while G2 refers to Blu-ray sized steelbooks

Last edited:
From experience, these are the rare/rarest PS3 G2 steelbooks to find mint/new:

Saint's Row 2
Mirror's Edge
NFS Undercover
Yakuza 4 Shiro
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Force Unleashed Sith Edition
Mortal Kombat
Devil May Cry 4 US
Uncharted 3 (stickerbook)
Killzone 3 (stickerbook)
Homefront (stickerbook)

Honestly the stickerbooks are probably the rarest :p

On their way to rarity I expect would be Deus Ex, Crysis 2 Nano, Crysis 2 LE, Rage, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 Italy, Uncharted Trilogy (stickerbook) ;)

From experience, these are the rare/rarest PS3 G2 steelbooks to find mint/new:

Saint's Row 2
Mirror's Edge
NFS Undercover
Yakuza 4 Shiro
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Force Unleashed Sith Edition
Mortal Kombat
Devil May Cry 4 US
Uncharted 3 (stickerbook)
Killzone 3 (stickerbook)
Homefront (stickerbook)

Honestly the stickerbooks are probably the rarest :p

On their way to rarity I expect would be Deus Ex, Crysis 2 Nano, Crysis 2 LE, Rage, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 Italy, Uncharted Trilogy (stickerbook) ;)

I would list the G1 rare Steelbooks, but there are too many! (i know, cause i have quite a bit of 'em). :scat:

Also, I agree that stickerbooks are indeed the rarest - I love me some stickerbooks! :drool::oohyeah:

can anyone tell me how rare teh dragon age steelbook is?

Well, it's not Rare as in there were very few produced...it's rare in that it was released a while ago, and thus it's VERY hard to find these days. Not only that, but DA is a tricky one, because EA used MetalPaks for the first run of the DA:Origins Collector's Edition before switching over to official Steelbooks.

In that sense, it's rare because you have to find someone willing to not only sell theirs and hope it's in mint condition, but also hope that that person received a Steelbook and not the MetalPak.

I myself have a mint condition official Steelbook version, and it is a very beautiful Steelbook indeed. :scat:

Crysis 2 nano - while it may not be extremely rare or anything just yet ... imo its by far one of the best steelbooks ever. Its just friggin rad with that webbing like etched all over it.

Its also a damn good game, much better than mirrors edge ... in a year or so, Crysis 2 should be gettin the love it deserves.

While the nano steelbook is really amazing in terms of design and texture, sadly I don't see it hitting the levels of even dead island/saint's row 3 in terms of price. There is no exclusivity/rarity associated with this steelbook at all.

Reason being that a lot of nano editions were released in Europe/Asia at least. Maybe other countries as well. You may get 1 or 2 sold for high prices but that's going to be more an exception than the norm.