Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Enter the Dragon (1973)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Had a bit of a James Bond vibe to it IMO, which is always a good thing in my book!

Ghosts of Mars 2001
1n-png.127234

Sadly not even Pam Grier can save this dud. Hard to believe it's the same director who make classics like Halloween or The Thing. How the mighty has fallen. Basically a piss poor remake of Quatermass and the PIt.

Last edited:
The Babysitter (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Surprisingly good! Although the son of a b**** just ruined Mad Men for me.

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Blazing Saddles 1974

I think John Wayne said it best when asked to star in it. "No way in hell am I starring in this but I'll be damn sure to be first in line to see it" As un PC as you can get but still bloody funny and no chance in hell would it ever get made today. So many great quotes in this film. Mel Brooks finest hour and off course The late Magnum star John Hillerman stars in it.

"I know let's give him to Mongo" "Awe **** that's too cruel"

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Blazing Saddles 1974

I think John Wayne said it best when asked to star in it. "No way in hell am I starring in this but I'll be damn sure to be first in line to see it" As un PC as you can get but still bloody funny and no chance in hell would it ever get made today. So many great quotes in this film. Mel Brooks finest hour and off course The late Magnum star John Hillerman stars in it.

"I know let's give him to Mongo" "Awe **** that's too cruel"
Should be required viewing on college campuses to demonstrate what satire is.:LOL:
Neck and Neck with Young Frankenstein as Brooks' best film.

Neck and Neck with Young Frankenstein as Brooks' best film.

True the scene in Young Frankenstein when Gene Hackman is serving the soup is so funny and the line "My your a big boy". (If only he knew what he was dealing with) and it takes genius to parody an already funny scene in the original (the girl).

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Had a bit of a James Bond vibe to it IMO, which is always a good thing in my book!

Certainly Live and Let Die which is a blacksplotation movie in all but name. Easily sits there with Shaft or Coffy or Black Caesar. I would go as far as to say Live and Let Die is the oddest of the Bond films as it's as far removed from the normal Bond as you can get and no worse for it. A rare time in which the Bond franchise joined in two other genres. Yep Enter the Dragon and Live and Let Die are very very close cousins.

True the scene in Young Frankenstein when Gene Hackman is serving the soup is so funny and the line "My your a big boy". (If only he knew what he was dealing with) and it takes genius to parody an already funny scene in the original (the girl).
Yeah - Even though his body of work is brilliant, we may have missed out on Gene Hackman not doing more comedy. He is obviously a natural at it.

Beauty and the Beast (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Maybe a bit too much singing in it for my liking, but it's still really enjoyable... and it also helps that Emma Watson is very nice to look at. :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The Tall T 1957

Randolph Scott stars in this tale about a rancher who is kidnapped along with a husband and wife. The wife being played by Mauren O'Sullivan in one of her best roles. A surprisingly brutal western for its time with some lovely twists along the way. A film as far removed from the singing cowboy movies of only 10 years previously as you can get. Would love it to come out on blu-ray.

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Quite surprised with this one. I"m especially surprised that I personally was actually able to enjoy roughly 40% of this film, especially after having walked out on the last two MCU releases.
Thor: Ragnarok is a good time. The middle section in particular also has colorful visuals and an impressive design that seems to not fit within the confines of the MCU- and it's really refreshing. Some of the action is still mind-numbingly boring- but at least the humor doesn't seem horrendously forced. Also, without the stakes and dramatic tension that is usually attempted at in the Marvel Universe, the comedy doesn't derail anything- it exists alongside the plot instead of hindering it. However, the movie seems to run out of the steam powering the "good idea train" towards the climax of the film- and the narrative does end up devolving in to the stereotypical Good-Guy-must-now-Punch-Bad-Guy that Marvel is known for.

If you're not already sick of 80's nostalgia- this movie replaces the generic, temp-music-plagued, forgettable Marvel Orchestra with some slightly less generic synth. It works, if not feels like a constant reminder that these movie's are a business reflective of what their audience likes without having to be pained with the attempt at introducing anything new or innovative.

Long story short:
It's the best Thor movie by default.
But those first two Thor movies were insufferably bad.... so.... take it as you will.