Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, okay. I didn't sit through the credits. I honestly don't know what that ending told me. It just seemed to prematurely end. Funny, I was sitting there waiting for it to end and when it finally ended, I felt like it should've kept going. :hilarious:
That's exactly how i felt. It was one of those "wait...what!?" endings. But even if you didnt sit till the end of the credits, my take on the ending is...
...that he doesnt go through with blinding himself. and he leaves her. So she's sitting there waiting for him but he doesnt come. Hence, the extra long shot of just her sitting there alone...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That's exactly how i felt. It was one of those "wait...what!?" endings. But even if you didnt sit till the end of the credits, my take on the ending is...
...that he doesnt go through with blinding himself. and he leaves her. So she's sitting there waiting for him but he doesnt come. Hence, the extra long shot of just her sitting there alone...

That's what I kind of assumed, too.

THE CONJURING 2 (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

(good film, though I'll probably never watch it again. The Nun is horrifying!!!)

EVOLUTION (2001)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

(the closest thing we'll ever get to a proper Ghostbusters 3)

Love the Artist and isn't that dog amazing!

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Miss Congeniality 2000
Film never fails to make me laugh and Michael Caine's lIne "My God I haven't seen a walk like that since Jurassic Park" is among my top tier of funny lines in films.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Love the Artist and isn't that dog amazing!
I'm disappointed that it took me this long to check it out, and if it weren't for Chaplin recently introducing me to silent films and discovering just how much I enjoy them, then I feel I may have never given The Artist a chance. The dog was fantastic, as were the other leads!

• Thanks
Mysterious Island 1961
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

One of my all time favourite films. And contains my all time favourite actress. Joan Greenwood. Never tire of this film. Time has been very very kind to this film. It's true what they say. They really don't make them like this any more. Shame........

• Thanks
Mysterious Island 1961
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

One of my all time favourite films. And contains my all time favourite actress. Joan Greenwood. Never tire of this film. Time has been very very kind to this film. It's true what they say. They really don't make them like this any more. Shame........
I've only ever seen bits of this film... I really must check it out properly, as it looks like a lot of fun!

• Thanks
I've only ever seen bits of this film... I really must check it out properly, as it looks like a lot of fun!

Fun is the right word with a great ensemble cast Like "The Mummy's Shroud" and Jurassic Park an excellent ensemble cast which makes all the difference and the special effects still hold up pretty well.

THE PHOENIX INCIDENT (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

THE CALL UP (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

THE REZORT (2016)
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233
Did you see the Canadian Slipcover for Call Up? Reminded me of Her fullslip by Kimchi. I couldnt believe such an unknown regular release would be on par with premium Korean release. And the movie turned out to be fun. Poor acting but good story and the director did his best with what he was given, imo. The best part was the music. I even Shazam'd couple of them. I may just look for the soundtrack.

• Thanks
Did you see the Canadian Slipcover for Call Up? Reminded me of Her fullslip by Kimchi. I couldnt believe such an unknown regular release would be on par with premium Korean release. And the movie turned out to be fun. Poor acting but good story and the director did his best with what he was given, imo. The best part was the music. I even Shazam'd couple of them. I may just look for the soundtrack.

I actually did see it! It's a great-looking slipcover... which wasn't surprising after I found out it was from the same studio as The Machine (one of the Blu-rays I was going to buy from my Thunder Bay HMV in June... but that's not happening now). The Call Up was actually a fun film, though. The acting was subpar, but the story was something different and done well. It was like TRON meets The Raid. :hilarious:

Like you said, though, the score was SO good! It made the film feel like it was from the '80s and I loved that! I actually rewound the end credits and watched them over again just to hear the music. I'll probably end up buying this from HMV next time I'm in. They had a ton of copies (the benefits of liking obscure films that nobody has heard of). I'll miss seeing slipcovers for these kinds of films in-person. We'll never know about them now unless we just order random obscure films from Amazon and hope they come with a slipcover. :dunno: