Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Girl with All the Gifts --
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

One of the pressing questions that pop up from this movie is this: is really "humanity" a value or are we better off talking about "egoism in disguise"? Well, Glenn Close character wouldn't even consider this a serious question... :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: C2V3N and tridon
The Girl with All the Gifts --
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

One of the pressing questions that pop up from this movie is this: is really "humanity" a value or are we better off talking about "egoism in disguise"? Well, Glenn Close character wouldn't even consider this a serious question... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to watch this one! Seems like it's been forever since I saw the first trailer.

THANK YOU!!! Everyone treats me like I'm a crazy person when that's one of the (in my opinion) worst Marvel movies.
Haha no way! I genuinely thought I was the only one who disliked it too. :dunno:

They took far too long setting the character up IMO (half the film to be exact) and as I always find with Marvel movies, the villain was pretty weak and forgettable... then again the whole movie was forgettable, as I'd already completely forgotten about it until you reminded me with your post. :LOL:

I honestly think I'd rather rewatch Hulk than this. :bag:

Haha no way! I genuinely thought I was the only one who disliked it too. :dunno:

They took far too long setting the character up IMO (half the film to be exact) and as I always find with Marvel movies, the villain was pretty weak and forgettable... then again the whole movie was forgettable, as I'd already completely forgotten about it until you reminded me with your post. :LOL:

I honestly think I'd rather rewatch Hulk than this. :bag:

I totally agree.

They made Strange completely unlikable, so I spent 3/4 of the film not caring about him. Honestly, I found the villains to be more likable because at least they were doing what they thought was right. Strange was a complete prick who only changed his ways in order to have his own hands back. Tony Stark is arrogant a-hole, but he's a likable arrogant a-hole. Stephen Strange was just an awful person. Then the overabundance of CGI was too much. The finale with him vs. Dormammu totally took me back to the Spawn vs. Malebolgia face-off at the end of Spawn. Maybe he'll grow on me as a secondary character in the larger Marvel films, but I could care less if I ever see another solo Doctor Strange film.

And yeah, I'd rather re-watch Hulk. Hulk had a lot of good stuff in it minus the mutated poodle and the CGI end battle that was impossible to watch. Otherwise, I really didn't mind it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I totally agree.

They made Strange completely unlikable, so I spent 3/4 of the film not caring about him. Honestly, I found the villains to be more likable because at least they were doing what they thought was right. Strange was a complete prick who only changed his ways in order to have his own hands back. Tony Stark is arrogant a-hole, but he's a likable arrogant a-hole. Stephen Strange was just an awful person. Then the overabundance of CGI was too much. The finale with him vs. Dormammu totally took me back to the Spawn vs. Malebolgia face-off at the end of Spawn. Maybe he'll grow on me as a secondary character in the larger Marvel films, but I could care less if I ever see another solo Doctor Strange film.

And yeah, I'd rather re-watch Hulk. Hulk had a lot of good stuff in it minus the mutated poodle and the CGI end battle that was impossible to watch. Otherwise, I really didn't mind it.
I hadn't really thought about that, but now that you mention it, it's completely true! I'm not a big fan of Cumberbatch anyway, so I thought that reason alone was why I disliked the character so much... but yeah, he was definitely very selfish and only truly out to help himself. I think one of the main reasons being arrogant works so well for Stark is because he knows he's an a-hole sometimes and it actually adds humour to the film... Strange lacked any of that (humour), so just came across as a full on douche. I totally agree about the use of CGI too... it was very OTT in this and I found the part where they were being chased and jumping from floor to wall to building to platforms etc. pretty hard to follow. My main disappointment, however, is the fact that Rachel McAdams and Mads Mikkelson were wasted in those roles... they're such great actors and deserved better!
Hulk is loads of cheesy fun! Even the poodle fight was more entertaining than Doctor Strange... I mean, at least that scene always manages to make me laugh. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
1 star for Lobster? What did you hate about it? And what did you think of the ending?

I found it to be incredibly boring and awkward just for the sake of being awkward. Long shots that dragged and went nowhere (such as the film's final shot). It was very Wes Anderson-ish and he's a hit-or-miss to me. It did nothing for me and I can't understand its praise (though I know there's many out there that truly love the film).

The Mummy's Shroud 1967
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A rare of example of a director turning what should have been a run of the mill film into something exciting. With a superb ensemble cast and very inventive deaths the film never lets up..... Yep the 7 minute prologue is a drag but once past that the film rocks.

I found it to be incredibly boring and awkward just for the sake of being awkward. Long shots that dragged and went nowhere (such as the film's final shot). It was very Wes Anderson-ish and he's a hit-or-miss to me. It did nothing for me and I can't understand its praise (though I know there's many out there that truly love the film).
Fair enough. Though i didnt "love" the film, I thought it was great, but it's one time watch for me. It's supposed to be awkward because it makes fun of reality. And the long shot at the ending tells you a lot. What did you think the ending was? I'm not a big fan of directors leaving endings open but it's quite clear if you sat through the credits.

Fair enough. Though i didnt "love" the film, I thought it was great, but it's one time watch for me. It's supposed to be awkward because it makes fun of reality. And the long shot at the ending tells you a lot. What did you think the ending was? I'm not a big fan of directors leaving endings open but it's quite clear if you sat through the credits.

Ah, okay. I didn't sit through the credits. I honestly don't know what that ending told me. It just seemed to prematurely end. Funny, I was sitting there waiting for it to end and when it finally ended, I felt like it should've kept going. :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing