Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
I'd completely forgotten that he was even in it. :LOL:

I just find it funny that he walks out of the ship, doesn't say a word, and gets billing in the credits. Meanwhile, guys like Ryan Reynolds play a significant role in Criminal and no billing whatsoever. :LOL:

That's funny. I made note of it as soon as i saw your one line review. And then i saw your tag. I think you're starting to know me too well :LOL::D:thumbs:

As soon as it was over, I knew I had to let you know about it. :thumbs:

I just find it funny that he walks out of the ship, doesn't say a word, and gets billing in the credits. Meanwhile, guys like Ryan Reynolds play a significant role in Criminal and no billing whatsoever. :LOL:
Haha craziness! You'd think Reynolds of all people would earn a credit even if he were just passing by for a split second... especially nowadays where the credits roll for a solid 20 minutes because they name relatives, friends, pets etc of all who were involved in the film. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Night of the Demon 1957
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Simply my all time favourite film. Based on the short story "Casting the Runes", it's a tale of black magic and the occult. A kind of very dark X-Files. Won't spoil it for anyone "Its in the trees!" My copy is the French pressing from a few years ago and it's top notch. A cheaper option than the German pressing who's price is OTT..

23 Paces to Baker Street 1956.
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A superb story about a blind man who overhears a kidnap in a pub and it's a race against time to find out who the victim is.... This is a a superb film co-starring Vera Miles before she got hacked off with Psycho..... It's a new 4k restoration and boy does it show. One of the best Kino releases in a long time and yes it has subtitles.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
It's funny you mentioning the Da Vinci Code. I never read the book but within 5 minutes I figured out where the film was heading. Boy was I right. Totally unoriginal and obvious.

SALEM'S LOT (1979)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Way too long, but being that it's from Stephen King (and was originally a TV movies), that's no surprise. It looks great for a film from the '70s, though, and the vampires were well-done.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

This one was a lot of fun and blows the first film out of the water. Like watching a live-action adaptation of an episode from the original animated series.

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

This one was a lot of fun and blows the first film out of the water. Like watching a live-action adaptation of an episode from the original animated series.

Been wanting to watch this for a while. The trailer does look like this one's better than the first.

• Thanks
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Glad I'm not the only one who finds the TMNT movies super fun! Like you said... they're basically live-action versions of the animated series, so they take me right back to being a kid again.

Trainspotting 2:
1n-png.127234

I found it really boring. Not a lot happened until the last 15 mins of a 2 hour long film.

Lego Batman:
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Dunno why people are saying "is it the best Batman film ever made" nahhh it was a lot of fun though. My girlfriend who doesn't do the comic films, really enjoyed it, so they did a good job!

• Thanks
Been wanting to watch this for a while. The trailer does look like this one's better than the first.
Glad I'm not the only one who finds the TMNT movies super fun! Like you said... they're basically live-action versions of the animated series, so they take me right back to being a kid again.

I really didn't care for the first film... the Turtles were massive and Shredder was a giant mech. It didn't do anything for me. It seems like the producers listened to fans, though, because they shrunk the Turtles down in the sequel and gave Shredder a regular costume. Plus with Casey Jones (Stephen Amell is no Elias Koteas, but he did alright), Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady, it's like the original cartoon all over again. Out of the Shadows is good fun. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Phantasm: Remastered (1979)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

How I did I go my entire life without watching Phantasm until now? What a brilliant film! This could very easily be my favourite horror film from the '70s after John Carpenter's Halloween. The music, cinematography, story... it amazes me that this was all created by a 23/24-year-old Don Coscarelli (even more amazing that his father produced it for him). I've always meant to go back and watch the Phantasm films after loving Bubba Ho-Tep. I'm glad I finally did. :thumbs:

On a sidenote, for those who have seen the Phantasm films, how's the sequels? I heard the second is really good, but what's the other three like?