Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Interesting. I actually prefer part 2 over the first film which I find quite boring in places. The second explores Midian much more and the mythos around it which was of more interest to me being a diehard Barker fanatic. The effects haven't aged well though lol
Both @C.C. 95 and @bigrob told me the same thing, so you're certainly not alone! I think it was a little too out there for me though, and I liked how simple and gory the first one was. :D

Reactions: psychoscot
I can't say I have. Shamefully, Hellraiser was my first trip into Barker's world, so I've a lot of catching up to do!

I would definitely recommend it then, especially the Directors cut. Its the nearest Barker got in Hollywood to a film he's proud of and a film thats loved by the likes of Tarantino and many modern directors. It mixes old fashioned 30's noir with modern "at the time" horror.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Interesting. I actually prefer part 2 over the first film which I find quite boring in places. The second explores Midian much more and the mythos around it which was of more interest to me being a diehard Barker fanatic. The effects haven't aged well though lol
Actually, Midian is from Cabal/Nightbreed.
The "hellworld" of Hellbound is Levianthan.
(Which is also the name of the God who rules Levianthan, and the diamond shape the Lament configuration box changes into. "The Leviathan configuration").
IMG_3809.JPG

Also, I think the stop motion effects on the Channard monster are really cool! Similar to how the same type of effects in Evil Dead II are still cool, despite being lower tech.
My only lament (no pun intended!) is that they didn't spend more time exploring Leviathan - but I am dead certain that was because they didn't have the budget to do so.

Last edited:
I did, and really enjoyed it.

My dream is Barker films his latest book, which is brilliant. Pinhead comes face to face with Harry. If only they could get Scott back as Harry. Won't say who wins lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
I did, and really enjoyed it.

My dream is Barker films his latest book, which is brilliant. Pinhead comes face to face with Harry. If only they could get Scott back as Harry. Won't say who wins lol
I forgot that book came out! It has been delayed so many times over the last five years! Good to know that it's a good read! It would be amazing if they get Scott Bakula back and Doug Bradley.

I forgot that book came out! It has been delayed so many times over the last five years! Good to know that it's a good read! It would be amazing if they get Scott Bakula back and Doug Bradley.

The delays were worth the wait and yeah would love to see Scott face off against Doug it would be brilliant. Definitely can recommend the book though and with modern effects if could be quite something. Only Barker holds the key now as he was so badly treated by Hollywood

The delays were worth the wait and yeah would love to see Scott face off against Doug it would be brilliant. Definitely can recommend the book though and with modern effects if could be quite something. Only Barker holds the key now as he was so badly treated by Hollywood
It's amazing to me that Hollywood keeps mining a (my opinion) third rate summer beach book writer like Stephen King when Barker has such incredible works unmade. Even his young adult stuff is incredible.
There is no excuse to say there is "no good material out there" when Weaveworld or The Thief of Always have never been made....and yet they make King crap like Cell (which is the worst book I ever read in my entire life).

I would definitely recommend it then, especially the Directors cut. Its the nearest Barker got in Hollywood to a film he's proud of and a film thats loved by the likes of Tarantino and many modern directors. It mixes old fashioned 30's noir with modern "at the time" horror.
Sounds cool, so I'll definitely check it out at some point. Plus anything Tarantino approves of is instantly added to my watchlist! ;)

Great film. I haven't seen it in a long time. (I do remember that some of the early digital effects are a little dodgy). And it might be weird to watch Kevin J. O'Connor as the magician after he played the comic sidekicks in The Mummy and Deep Rising!!
I look forward to watching that again. Makes me wish they had made Barker's Cold Heart Canyon.
I like his enfusing of noir.
Weirdy, it kind of precedes The Prestige in a way...

Last edited: