Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
It Comes At Night:
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Another great release from A24 that relies on the tension and suspicion of your fellow man to build tension and suspense that serves for the basis of the film.
It didn't do it quite as well as a film like "The Witch" did- but its a film of the same likeness.

Horror Express 1974
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Excellent intelligent horror film in which Hammer meets Kojak
One of Lee and Cushing's best pairing outside Dracula.....
This European horror film delivers in spades.
Recommend the German blu-ray media book. Way superior to the USA pressing

It Comes At Night:
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Another great release from A24 that relies on the tension and suspicion of your fellow man to build tension and suspense that serves for the basis of the film.
It didn't do it quite as well as a film like "The Witch" did- but its a film of the same likeness.
Last Sunday, I was contemplating whether i should watch this in theatres or not. Is it worth it? Keep in mind i'll be going alone since my friends dont watch scary movies :rofl:

Last Sunday, I was contemplating whether i should watch this in theatres or not. Is it worth it? Keep in mind i'll be going alone since my friends dont watch scary movies :rofl:

I would say "yes", just to support A24's films. But this isn't neccessarily a film that you would need to see on a big screen. It's a very intimate story told in a very claustrophobic environment- so a small screen should do just as much justice to it as a theatre would. Now as to whether you would like the film itself- that is a very different question. It's not a typical horror film- and I would even say that it's a stretch to even classify it as a horror film.... "It Comes at Night" is unsettling moreso than it is scary. The trailer is intentionally misleading in that there is no antagonistic force or monster waiting in the woods- it's merely 6 people in a house all losing their trust in one another.

If you're a fan of what The Walking Dead should be- then this is for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I would say "yes", just to support A24's films. But this isn't neccessarily a film that you would need to see on a big screen. It's a very intimate story told in a very claustrophobic environment- so a small screen should do just as much justice to it as a theatre would. Now as to whether you would like the film itself- that is a very different question. It's not a typical horror film- and I would even say that it's a stretch to even classify it as a horror film.... "It Comes at Night" is unsettling moreso than it is scary. The trailer is intentionally misleading in that there is no antagonistic force or monster waiting in the woods- it's merely 6 people in a house all losing their trust in one another.

If you're a fan of what The Walking Dead should be- then this is for you.
Okay, then either this Sunday or Tuesday (because it's half price) i will try to watch it :)

Not sure what "should" be for you is, so I dont know if i'm a fan of what TWD should be, however, i dont think i'm a fan of what TWD has become now...

Wonder Woman - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png Absolutely stunning movie :) If they give justice league even half the energy of this, it will be a home-run :thumbs:

Alien Covenant - 1N.png 1N.png Meh :meh: This felt like hastily done sequel :( this gave almost nothing new to the things we wore left wondering from prometheus

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
THE DAMNED UNITED
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
First time watching this which is surprising considering I'm a Leeds United fan, if your not into Football then this won't interest you at all, if you are then this is worth a watch, although based on real life event's, it is open for debate as to what is fact and what is fiction, however what carries it is the stellar cast Michael Sheen is outstanding as Cloughie and two of my favorite actor's of all time Timothy Spall and Stephen Graham are on top form...

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred