Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this Colombianlove41, not sure if it will work but try it out:
1. Door Tray Open
2. Push "000" Button
3. Region Code: 0
4. Press "Pause" Button

This should hopefully make it region-free.

Has anyone used MULTI REGION MAGIC before? There don't seem to be too many places in the UK selling multi region Blu-Ray players. After a bid of searching I have been finding a few comments (mostly good), but nothing recent and it would be nice to have a comparison with another company for prices etc.

What would be great is to see a multi region hack with a firmware update. But official suppliers/manufacturers will never do it.

Has anyone used MULTI REGION MAGIC before? There don't seem to be too many places in the UK selling multi region Blu-Ray players. After a bid of searching I have been finding a few comments (mostly good), but nothing recent and it would be nice to have a comparison with another company for prices etc.

Hi mate

I have used them to buy my multi region 3D Sony Blu-ray player! The service and delivery was excellent. I saw there ad in the now discontinued Bluray and DVD review magazine! I really miss that magazine, it was awesome

If your not sure about anything then just give them a bell, they are really helpful!

Reactions: Lester
If you are buying blu rays, (Steelbooks) from other countries and planing on opening them why have you not got a multi region blu ray player ?

So that it does not matter what region it is locked to!! ;)

Being a massive film fan myself, I have always had a multi region Oppo to make sure I can play blu's from any part of the world no matter what region A,B,C the blu is coded in. :scat:

I've said this countless of times before: because I'm not paying extra for such a region player, just because the movie-studio's want to screw me over. I already potentially buy their steelbook, so how hard is it for them to make it region free? Steelbooks are expensive enough as they are.

Unfortunately, as inconvenient as it is for some, the release schedule and marketing of films is carefully orchestrated to sell to different territories at different times for a variety of reasons, which is why some studios choose to lock the discs. Basic region-free players are available much cheaper nowadays (Best Buy USA for instance has models for under $ 60) and remote hacks are available for many players, which is making this hurdle a bit easier to overcome. But if a person decides not to use either option, then unfortunately there is no way around the locked discs that some studios (Disney, Fox,etc) often release.

Unfortunately, as inconvenient as it is for some, the release schedule and marketing of films is carefully orchestrated to sell to different territories at different times for a variety of reasons, which is why some studios choose to lock the discs. Basic region-free players are available much cheaper nowadays (Best Buy USA for instance has models for under $ 60) and remote hacks are available for many players, which is making this hurdle a bit easier to overcome. But if a person decides not to use either option, then unfortunately there is no way around the locked discs that some studios (Disney, Fox,etc) often release.

+1 :movie:

Can you unlock your bluray player like you could unlock your dvd players? I have unlocked both of my dvd players to make them region free never tried with my bluray players, but you used to be able to google your player and then enter a code and it would unlock it.

Can you unlock your bluray player like you could unlock your dvd players? I have unlocked both of my dvd players to make them region free never tried with my bluray players, but you used to be able to google your player and then enter a code and it would unlock it.

panasonic blu ray players can be unlocked, but a lot of blu ray players cant be unlocked

Just to add on the free region code players...if you don't want to update, just do as I used to do when I did not have one..buy the steel and swipe the discs from your country. :)

It blows my mind to see some folks willing to pay 1 steelbook at the price of $60, but can't afford to pay a $60 region free player. Aiyah :hilarious:

Reactions: earthscope
It blows my mind to see some folks willing to pay 1 steelbook at the price of $60, but can't afford to pay a $60 region free player. Aiyah :hilarious:

It can be kinda hard to find the region free players for cheap tho ... but eventually if you look hard enough and do research you can find them.

There is a thread on them here in sb section that has a lot of info on models best buy carried that had a hack. I even bought one online from them for $29!!!! Still use them fine to this day over 1.5 year ago.

I bet those models could be found now on ebay or soemthing with some person none the wiser and scored cheap.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I also don't get it!!
If your collecting Steelbooks from all over the world and opening some or all of them to watch the film inside. Why would your first port of call not be to have a multi region player??

And like Wreck said you don't have to pay a lot of $ to get one these days!!!

:wtf:

Also with the amount we pay for our Steels, and then complaining about it being region locked ?????
Don't get it !!! :hilarious:

Last edited: