Resident Evil 6 CE & LE (Xbox 360/PS3 Steelbook) [Europe]

May 20, 2012
Here it is! Better cover art than the normal version.

RE6_CE_beautyshot_ENG1.jpg

The Collector’s Edition contains the following:
- Resident Evil 6 game
- Zombie Steel Book
- Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game
- Resident Evil 6 Avatar DLC code for 360 owners OR an RE6 Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners
- Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)
- ‘The RE6 forces emblems’ – High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and RE6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki. A must have piece for any fan of Resident Evil!
- All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together in the lenticular ‘Needle Bomb’ collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer)

The Collector’s Edition can be exclusively purchased from the following retailers
UK – TBC

France – TBC

Germany – Gamestop

More info to come on where to pre-order in Spain, Italy and Australia.

A limited edition Steel Book version of RE6 is also available to pre-order:

RE6_PS3_Steelbook2_3D-copy-262x300.jpg
RE6_X360_STEELBOOK_3D-copy-215x300.jpg

Attachments

• resident_evil_6.jpg
    resident_evil_6.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
What's the track record for "Limited" Steelbook volumes for games like RE6?

I want to pre-order just the Steelbook version, which is currently same price as the standard edition (£40), but only if its truly limited to a reasonable degree!

...what's the chance of seeing the RE6 SB on amazon for £25, 2 months after release day?

I don't think you can really figure out which steelbooks will become super rare after launch. The only ones i've seen in recent memory that will probably cost crazy amounts in Borderlands 2, because it sold out in like 10 minutes :p.

The RE5 steel was pretty simple to get a hold of, and i'm pretty sure RE6 won't be any different. It's pretty much Capcom's biggest game series, so they want people to be able to get their hands on the SE/CE.

I think it's fair to assume that pretty much 90% of all VG steels are available years after the game's original release, for cheap prices. The only problems here is that you might get a scratched/dented steel, or end up missing out on one that was cheap, but is now super expensive (Mirror's Edge).

So I guess that's the long answer.
Short answer : It's highly likely to see it being easily available and fairly cheap in 2 months, but considering that it's pretty cheap as is, i'd just buy it to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaberTooth
Yes it's the same version. I don't know about this edition being released in the US though, we usually never get editions with clothes in them. I have a feeling we will either get a dumbed down version or not at all but we have to get something for a game this big I would think.

I do want this version but am not sure if I should wait in hopes for some kind of US version or just get it now?

Yes it's the same version. I don't know about this edition being released in the US though, we usually never get editions with clothes in them. I have a feeling we will either get a dumbed down version or not at all but we have to get something for a game this big I would think.

I do want this version but am not sure if I should wait in hopes for some kind of US version or just get it now?

I was wondering the same thing and I'm unfortunately thinking the RE6 Archives/Anthology in the US instead of a big CE like this. But we'll see I guess.

UK collectors version is a GAME exclusive.
Pre-order is up now - £129.99 :eek:

Xbox360

PS3

Might just stick with the steelbook version from Play.com instead.

Here in the states we are getting a "Resident Evil 6 Anthology Edition" for the PS3 which has RE 1-5 as downloadable games as well as a regular version of just the game. My question is, I wonder if this version will include those bonus games as well :dunno: I hope I don't have to purchase BOTH versions! :ohno: Either way, they are BOTH worth the money! These editions are AWESOME! :oohyeah:

Last edited:
^^^ all the bonuses from these editions(from other countries) can't be used in the US:( you need to have an account from that country.

You just made my credit card cry! :(

Looks like I'll just get the "Steelbook Only" edition and get the Anthology Edition here in the states...That anthology edition is too good to pass up!

Last edited:
I'd assume this will find it's way to N.A...the steelbook anyway. We've gotten one for Resident Evil 4 (PS2 and Wii), RE5 (PS3 and 360, and RE Raccoon city (PS3 and 360). Good bet we'll get at least the steel here.