Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
Premiere Reactions:
The verdict is nothing short of spectacular with raves across the board. Almost everyone seems genuinely shocked at how good it turns out, teases many real surprises and a killer third act, and confirm the film’s very gritty tone. Many indicate it’s not just a better film than ‘The Force Awakens,’ it also feels more like a genuine “Star Wars” film.

@tridon @bloodsnake007 @Drum18 @Sigill @earthscope @Noodles @Apollon @rj531

I had a feeling and said it a while back that I think this will be better than the TFA (although I do love it) and judging by the reception I might be right.

Can't wait to see this but it will be in January I think

Was in the Night Premiere, because 2,5H are enoug sleep for work when you can see a Star Wars Movie :D
It was a really good Movie but i didn't get the Star Wars Feeling like i get in the other Star Wars Movies.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Noodles
Just got back from watching this and it was ****ing awesome!!!:OMG::OMG::OMG::thumbs:
Chirrut Îmwe is a 'G':cool:
tumblr_o5amhr70WM1sksh9qo2_500.gif

It sets it episode IV perfectly, and Darth Vader at end is EPIC
giphy.gif

A bit disappointed that some of the scenes in the trailer didn't make the final cut.

Just came back from the cinema. I ******* love it, better than TFA. And Darth Vader :OMG::OMG::bag::bag::notworthy::notworthy::drool::drool::oohyeah::woot:

I loved this. For me it's up there with Empire. It benefits from being able to foreshadow a lot of things but has enough new things to keep it fresh. There were some incredible links to Ep4 and the ending(!) truly great.

I was pretty speechless at the end. Not to rub it in but I'll have seen it twice before Christmas. Don't worry though, it's worth the wait.
The same happened with Force Awakens... I had to wait a week after release before seeing that, and it was pretty painful, especially as everyone else I knew had already seen it by that point. But after finally seeing it and knowing how awesome it was, the wait for the Blu-ray was just as painful! No doubt that'll be the case here too.

Hope you enjoy your second viewing just as much as the first mate. :thumbs: