Searching For Sugar Man (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.9) [Korea]

Which one will you buy?

• Type A

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Type B

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Both

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : July 29th, 2015 (Pre-order date is June 26th, 2015)
Purchase links:
Dual Pack - SOLD OUT
Full Slip Type A (300 Limited print run for International customers) - SOLD OUT
Full Slip Type B (300 Limited print run for International customers) - SOLD OUT
Price : $33.5 (individual) - $65 (dual pack)

Pre-order date time table - Thanks @AnubisNefer

O7cR461l.png

SUGARMAN_A.jpg

11144471_706817109462774_8542081616764374842_o.jpg

Dualpack_SUGARMAN.jpg

Last edited:
I love the private shots of Sixto on the back of Type A. That's why I went for this Type :drool:

There's a lot of amazing storys whats not told in the Documentation. Like he skipped the Oscars because he didn't wanted to take the
spotlight from the filmmakers. He slept when he won the oscar. He don't own a television anyway. All of the money he earns he gives away to his
children and old friends because he said he don't need more than clothes, food and shelter. He lives in the same apartment for 40 years now in Detroit.
Such a humble talented man who never received the spotlight he deserved.
Like listen to Bruce Springsteens first two records (Greetings from Asbury Park & The Wild, The Innocenct..) released in 1973, now listen to Sixtos already second release from the same year ...

Awesome that Plain Archive picked up this documentation and also received a personal note on the envelope from Sixto. Malik Bendjelloul went 4 years in a row
from Sweden to Detroit and Sixto didn't wanted to appear with an interview. With the third time he agreed. Chapeau Juno & PA for this release :thumbs:

Take a picture of one of our releases with your city or town!
To our customers worldwide,

It’s truly incredible and humbling to know that we have so much love and support from all over the world.

Which is why we’ve prepared a special event.

Take a picture of one of our releases with your city or town visible in the background. It could be the Hollywood Sign, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Big Ben, etc. But the picture doesn’t have to have a famous tourist attraction in the background. It could just show the neighborhood you live in.

You can tweet the picture to us @plain_archive, or upload it to your Instagram account by tagging us @plainarchive or post it on our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/PlainArchive. (*Deadline : 20th August)

Please don’t forget to mention your location. (eg. Edinburgh, Scotland)

There will be 10 winners, and each person will receive a special gift.

Good luck and have fun!

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

I got both type A and B delivered today, both editions have a noticeable indent in one of the front corners. Am I just looking at Shipping cost as my only fee as far as a return, have yet to return anything to PA.
My Impossible with free PA stickers and The Wrester Keepcase arrived mint at least.

Still think I made a mistake not grabbing the UE5 of Melancholia because I had nothing else to combine shipping with it and $17 for just that in shipping seemed a bit ridiculous

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I got both type A and B delivered today, both editions have a noticeable indent in one of the front corners. Am I just looking at Shipping cost as my only fee as far as a return, have yet to return anything to PA.
My Impossible with free PA stickers and The Wrester Keepcase arrived mint at least.

Still think I made a mistake not grabbing the UE5 of Melancholia because I had nothing else to combine shipping with it and $17 for just that in shipping seemed a bit ridiculous

Yeah that was a mistake. dont you have any idea what its worth?

Yeah that was a mistake. dont you have any idea what its worth?

I think I have a good grasp on all the China and South Korea Exclusives except some of the more rare PA stuff. Like the original Melancholia is probably worth what $250-300? I have no idea what the U5 is worth? I know more recent stuff like The Master, Rust and Bone, Sugar Man not sure to new. I'm just gonna guess $65? Don't plan on selling it but if I had missed one and you say more I would have felt like a fool

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I think I have a good grasp on all the China and South Korea Exclusives except some of the more rare PA stuff. Like the original Melancholia is probably worth what $250-300? I have no idea what the U5 is worth? I know more recent stuff like The Master, Rust and Bone, Sugar Man not sure to new. I'm just gonna guess $65? Don't plan on selling it but if I had missed one and you say more I would have felt like a fool

before melancholia UE came back in stock on plains website in the last week, they were worth ALOT as they are super hard to find. I know someone that paid $200 for an open copy off of ebay a couple of weeks ago. the wrestler UE is even more rare. once these go out of stock on plains website expect the value to skyrocket as these are the last copies plain has.

before melancholia UE came back in stock on plains website in the last week, they were worth ALOT as they are super hard to find. I know someone that paid $200 for an open copy off of ebay a couple of weeks ago. the wrestler UE is even more rare. once these go out of stock on plains website expect the value to skyrocket as these are the last copies plain has.
I had never seen a copy of either that or the Wrestlers UE's before this past week and I have been checking pretty regularly on there website site I wanna say for the at least the last 6-8 months. Where did they come from, just happen to find a box in the stock room?

I had never seen a copy of either that or the Wrestlers UE's before this past week and I have been checking pretty regularly on there website site I wanna say for the at least the last 6-8 months. Where did they come from, just happen to find a box in the stock room?

yup same. ive been checking ebay for months and never seen one copy. noone on any forum had a copy either.

about where they got them from :

'UE5, UE6 editions were made specifically for the “Unlimited Edition” independent publisher event in Korea., Some copies were not sold at this annual event, and these were returned back to us'