spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Don't mean to go off topic here, but Steelbooks with the blu ray logo embeded on top like that is the worst, ruining the whole aesthetic

PGbXBRC.gif

Absolutely .... now. But, once upon a time that's all there was ... thus those old heads who remember those days are far more accepting. Like @Noodles said it was pretty neat days when only a couple steelbooks released a month. We all just bought them all pretty much and rained down money on releases yo'.
87020_money-420-dave-chappelle-diamond-half-baked_200s.gif

I believe the shipping price has been the main deterrent. I have all editions minus that ridiculous Mondo version and I was still incredibly excited for this release, but when I went to process my order the shipping skyrocketed the price because my shipping options went away. It immediately dissuaded me from ordering as it showed me the fair option and then forced me into the premium option, which I have no need for.

Between EB stating that they will fix the shipping options in the future and the hint of a Hot Fuzz Steelbook (which should naturally lead to a World's End Steelbook) I have decided bite the bullet and put my faith in the future of the company. Hopefully, it's all up from here.

What'was the shipping price? Do you know how much it costs to ship from USA to UK?

Registered post shipping prices for a independent small setup retailer is a lot different to a retailer like amazon/Zavvi/Hmv
Business like Amazon/Zavvi have bulk shipping deals and is how their standard tracked post cost is lot less but amazon priority shipping cost £8.50 similar to everything blu for a item of similar weight

If you have a lot of regular volume of post as in thousand of items each day business postal rates will be low
If your business ships small amount the postal costs will be high and to get lower rates you need to be shipping large regular amount of orders.

The only way postal cost will be less is use standard post not registered post
The more business a small retailer does registered post costs a better deal can be got but that wont happen until it's regular

To compare postal cost look at it would cost you to send a parcel yourself as registered post

Don't mean to go off topic here, but Steelbooks with the blu ray logo embeded on top like that is the worst, ruining the whole aesthetic

Yes, nearly all of the very earliest steels were like that . . . at least here in the U.K. (don't know how it was in other territories but seen pics of some from Germany and Canada with the same style banner and printed Blu-ray logo). The style did continue for a good while although thankfully not on every single release.

IMO the blue banner does not automatically diminish the aesthetic of the steelbook - it's only when it f**** with the artwork that there's a definite problem such as on the SHAUN OF THE DEAD Canadian steelbook with the beheading of Shaun.

It should be remembered that there are some very nice U.K. steelbooks with printed blue banners but it's safe to say that they would all have looked better without the banner.

(The other negative that came with the printed banner was of course the FULLY PRINTED BACK where all the information that you now see on the j-card or O-ring was actually printed on the back of the steelbook with the result that there was no back artwork to speak of).

Early U.K. steelbooks with PRINTED (BLUE) BANNERS / PRINTED BLU-RAY LOGOS corralled here - from first one in May 2008 to the last one in NOVEMBER 2011:-
II
V
MAY 2008: SWEENEY TODD - 2 almost identical releases (one came sealed with a booklet)
upload_2017-1-14_12-59-38.png
903s5e.jpg
No banner on original TERMINATOR 2
007)%20A%20Blu-Ray%20Crouching%20Tiger%20Hidden%20Dragon%20Closed%20Front%20(Sealed).jpg
No banner on HIGHLANDER
upload_2017-1-14_13-8-51.png
No banner on TERMINATOR SALVATION, DISTRICT 9, HALO LEGENDS and 2012
upload_2017-1-14_13-18-54.png
No banner on WOLFMAN, GREEN ZONE
upload_2017-1-14_15-0-44.png
upload_2017-1-14_13-31-57.png
No banner on KICK-ASS
upload_2017-1-14_13-58-20.png
No banner on HUMAN CENTIPEDE No banner on KARATE KID, METROPOLIS, SHOGUN ASSASSIN upload_2017-1-14_14-7-28.jpeg No banner on THE EXPENDABLES, SALT, SCOTT PILGRIM, MACHETE and RESIDENT EVIL 4 No banner on GREEN HORNET, PAUL, TRUE GRIT, ADJUSTMENT BUREAU, AKIRA and BATTLE L.A. No banner on HANNA, F&F 5, PRIEST and SCARFACE
upload_2017-1-14_14-33-0.png
No banner on THOR, PULP FICTION, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, SILENT RUNNING and TOUCH OF EVIL
upload_2017-1-14_15-5-26.png

Last U.K. steelbook with printed Blu-ray logo/banner on the front was the HMV exclusive CARS 2 (NOVEMBER 2011) as far as I can remember without double checking.

• Thanks
Reactions: andy01652
What'was the shipping price? Do you know how much it costs to ship from USA to UK?
£13.71 ($16.75) which I think covered up to 3 editions (I just went with the box). That's roughly the cost of shipping 2 premium releases from any of the Korean outfits. Not unreasonable IMO.

And while some might not think fully insured/trackable shipping is necessary, I imagine they'd be pretty upset if their copy was lost or damaged in transit and EB had to tell them to kick rocks because the customer didn't want to fork over the extra cash for insurance.

I doubt at this point that EB can risk sending these out into the world uninsured. Eating the cost of replacements + shipping is not cheap. I just don't see them being able to absorb those losses as a startup.

£13.71 ($16.75) which I think covered up to 3 editions (I just went with the box). That's roughly the cost of shipping 2 premium releases from any of the Korean outfits. Not unreasonable IMO.

And while some might not think fully insured/trackable shipping is necessary, I imagine they'd be pretty upset if their copy was lost or damaged in transit and EB had to tell them to kick rocks because the customer didn't want to fork over the extra cash for insurance.

I doubt at this point that EB can risk sending these out into the world uninsured. Eating the cost of replacements + shipping is not cheap. I just don't see them being able to absorb those losses as a startup.
If standard post was used without insurance and lost in the post customer would not have to be concerned regearding getting their money back
Retailer by law is required to provide a replacement or a full refund
The insurance is to cover everything blu the retailer to make a claim against the courier it's not for the customer benefit.

Shipping costs registered post is in line with other small retailer setup providing same service and customers if they had to send a parcel themselves registered post

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt

$17 for 3 premium edition is expensive? Are you kidding me mate? Do you know how much it costs to ship to the UK from USA? It is bloody expensive.

We pay $17 for import 2 premium Steelbook from Kimchi and around $20 to Manta or Novamedia. We don't complain as it sounds reasonable.

I always like retailers to give local customers the best deal over foreign customers.

UK being friendly to overseas customers is somewhat irksome to locals as we end up subsiding for them and get ripped off in the end. This is why we use the expression RIP OFF BRiTIAN.

$17 for 3 premium edition is expensive? Are you kidding me mate? Do you know how much it costs to ship to the UK from USA? It is bloody expensive.

We pay $17 for import 2 premium Steelbook from Kimchi and around $20 to Manta or Novamedia. We don't complain as it sounds reasonable.

I always like retailers to give local customers the best deal over foreign customers.

UK being friendly to overseas customers is somewhat irksome to locals as we end up subsiding for them and get ripped off in the end. This is why we use the expression RIP OFF BRiTIAN.

I think you misread my comments. ;)

As far as shipping from the US to the UK, the last time I pulled a shipping quote for a potential Zavvi return, it was $22.50 for a 1 lb package with zero insurance. :wow: I know Zavvi probably gets top rates, but they must be losing money when they send me $5 steelbooks for 99p.

And thanks @paulboland for clarifying the UK shipping/replacement policies.

US to UK shipping is only expensive if a person orders 1 steel. Its also not bad at all if a person is just getting steelbooks and not steels with heavier components like 3 discs, slipboxes, books, coins, cards, etc etc. In the case of reg steels its possible to ship 3-4 steels for the exact same price as shipping 1.

Reactions: EverythingBlu
Now I've acquired their Blu Pick Series 001 Killer Klowns release, I look forward to adding SOTD to the mix :D

Couldn't find a dedicated thread for this release so I'll just go ahead and post my pics here... :p

20170120_134114[1].jpg
20170120_134208[1].jpg
20170120_134717[1].jpg
20170120_135013[1].jpg

Slip feels very nice in-hand and well made IMO :thumbs: I also like the fact the numbering card is embossed "credit card style" opposed to being flat and printed like some... ;) Feels more premium this way :cigar: