Shin Godzilla (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: March 22, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon JP - Amazon JP (with 4K UHD)
Price: ¥8,424 - ¥10,584 (with 4K UHD)

81+JrU81PzL__SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Legit, I posted in the conceptual steelbook thread wanting a steelbook for Shin Godzilla.

I just really wish that there is better artwork used for the final product and well... the ability to get it from Japan. xD
Does anyone know if Amazon.jp ships to the US?

Legit, I posted in the conceptual steelbook thread wanting a steelbook for Shin Godzilla.

I just really wish that there is better artwork used for the final product and well... the ability to get it from Japan. xD
Does anyone know if Amazon.jp ships to the US?

They do ship to US but you gonna bleed to pay the shipment... :whistle:

Reactions: tono06
That is awesome and im a massive Godzilla fan, but it's never going to have English subs and at that price it'd cost less to rebuild Tokyo after big G is finished than to ship it :drool::dead:

@FN-2187 can you post some pics and tell us if there is English subs?

I'll try to post pictures when I get off of work today- the steelbook is definitely a lot darker in color than what the promotional pictures may suggest- which isn't a bad thing!

Unfortunately, I don't have a Region-Free BluRay player- but from my experience in purchasing other Toho/ TOEI Studios DVD's and BluRays, there are no English Subtitles available simply because Toho and Toei don't have distribution in English speaking countries. Which is why, when released in North America for its theatrical run, the distribution was handled by FUNIMATION. If you're looking specifically for a subbed version of Shin Godzilla, I would say to wait for any news on when Funimation may release their own BluRay in North America- an edition of which, undoubtedly, won't have the Steelbook, SH Monsterarts Promo, Ticket holder, or Digipack like how these editions do.

But again, 99.9999999999999% certain that these release's won't have subtitles.

If no subs, than i will rely on the pics...i am on the fence with this one:)

I'm a Toku Fan, and with how little Tokusatsu is released in Steelbook form.... well... since NO Tokusatsu is released in Steelbook form, I felt obligated to get this one.
If you collect a lot of Godzilla memorabilia, and can find a way to get it from TamashiiNations, this edition is worth picking up because it's the only way to get the SH Monsterarts of Form 1/2/3 Shin Godzilla, making it a super, super rare release from TamashiiNations. With how rare and how expensive the standard release of the Shin Godzilla Monsterarts got (immediately after release), I can only imagine what this will go up to.