Shipping Question For All

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hello Ninjas / Steelbookers

I figured this would be a good thread to make to collect Community feedback in which for us to be able to use in the future. A thread to point back to for newcomers that help strengthen what most of us already know as fact in regards to how LONG "sometimes" it can take to receive packages internationally.

So for me personally, I've noticed that most international shipments can take place between 2 weeks (some Countries) to 1 month. Then there are other frequent times that they can take up to 2 months and some rare cases from 2.5 months to 3.

Crazily enough I had a couple that took 4-6 months. Very rare case , only a couple in like 10 years of being in this hobby.

What have been your experiences?

(mod note: this is posted in this forum for best views, then will be moved later)

Last edited:
within germany 1-2 days
within EU up to 1 week
asia 1-2 weeks
us 1-3 weeks
canada is probably the worst with up to 8 weeks

All times based to the US and using normal non expedited shipping

Zavvi- 8-11 days
Korea- 7-12 days
China/HK- 7-12
Filmareana/Czech- 35-35 days
Amazon UK/Germ/ital/FR- 9-15 days
Amazon JP- 2-4 days
Cinemuseum IT- 5-9 days

There are some oddities like a BFs release that took 2.5 months but otherwise most fall in the time frame and depend on if they come into the US via Chicago or NY for me

Reactions: renanbg
Being that I live in the US,

Packages from Japan take about 6 days but can be up to 2 weeks.

Packages from Europe take about 2 weeks but can take up to 4 if held in customs.

Packages from BestBuy.com take about 9 days but can take up to 2 weeks.

within germany 1-2 days
within EU up to 1 week
asia 1-2 weeks
us 1-3 weeks
canada is probably the worst with up to 8 weeks

Must've been that Halloween II order from amazon.ca :LOL:

Any time I ship something to Europe it gets there between a week and two weeks. Most of the time between a week and a week and a half.

The longest I have to wait for deliveries seems to be from Zavvi. It always takes more than 2 weeks to get to me in Canada.
I'll let you know when I get my copy of Frozen.

Must've been that Halloween II order from amazon.ca :LOL:

Any time I ship something to Europe it gets there between a week and two weeks. Most of the time between a week and a week and a half.

The longest I have to wait for deliveries seems to be from Zavvi. It always takes more than 2 weeks to get to me in Canada.
I'll let you know when I get my copy of Frozen.

let me rephrase that to 2-8 weeks lol.. usually it gets there in reasonable time, but whenever i have really long delays its usually from canada..

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Im in the US-GA. Usually:

1-2.5 weeks for Europe/UK
2-4 weeks for Asia/Australia

Ohhhh if only this thread was about the release time rather than the shipping time... :LOL:

To be honest, I never have an issue with shipping times. Most of the time they arrive before I expect them to but it's probably best not to focus on it too much or check shipping everyday.
I've had a Blufans OC arrive within a week and Zeta BB was pretty fast too.

I think shipping times are pretty low on the list of 'steelbook issues' personally.

within Germany it is 8 hours - 2 days
in Europe about 1 week
UK was my max 3 weeks but normally 1 week
USA 2-3 weeks
China / Hong Kong 4 days up to 2 1/2 weeks

I'm from Ukraine.

So....

1. From UK (Royal Post registered or not) = 7-10 days.
But NOT from Zavvi warehouses placed on Mars (as I think))) = sometimes up to 30-35 days (why?!)))
2. From EU countries (registered) = 7-14 days.
3. Most slow from EU = from Germany = min 10 days and up to 20 days (once again = why?))
4. From China = always about 15-30 days.
5. From Japan = best speed ever = strictly 7-10 days.
6. From USA (Priority© Mail and registered) = 10 days.
7. From Canada (not registered) = up to 14 days.
8. From Hong Kong (HK Post!) = around 10-12 days.

9. All Courier services (UPS, DHL-express etc) = 2-4 days from all countries around the world.

About 20 years I am receiving international packages.
Some really serious troubles = 5-6 times for this time...
Always (if registered parcel only) was helpful filling the reclamation form
at Post Office from Sender side = always this was like a kick to speed-up package receiving....
Really lost packages per 20 years = 4

I’m from the U.K. and anything from Blufans (China) or Plain Archive (South Korea) takes about 10 days approx. Sometimes 2 weeks.

I’m in UK

•Zavvi: 2-4 days or can sometimes take a good 5-7 days. Vinyl takes a few weeks sometimes but usually sent from US
•HMV: 2-5 days
•Amazon UK: f*cking rapid!

Blufans: round the 2 week mark or longer (sometimes much longer)
Kimchi: 7-14 days
Manta: a week or less (lol)
Nova: been a while but I think around the 2 week mark
PA: around the 2 week mark
HDZeta: 7-14 days

Amazon Germany/ Italy etc: around a week sometimes less

Amazon US and Canada: can sometimes arrive a day or 2 later. Proper freaky. Sometimes a bit longer

I think shipping times are pretty low on the list of 'steelbook issues' personally.

I feel like you haven’t read properly why the thread was created

Feedback/ help with newcomers or collector’s new to that retailer/ humans like stats

Reactions: apsmith21
These are just average times. Because I've experienced the extremes. For example, package from Japan (Amazon) arriving in 3 days, or in once instance US (Funimation) taking about 10 days to arrive, or UK (Zavvi) taking 2 weeks to arrive.

US/Japan: ~7 days.
UK: ~ 7 - 10 days
Czech/China/S.Korea: ~ 14 - 30 Days (not always but it seems ML and PA packages arrive earlier compared to other retailers from this group)

You guys have this down to a T!! I've not bothered to map it out. But let me think...
Royal mail about 7-10 days. UK Courier 3-5 days.
DHL max 7 days.
USPS 7-14 days.
China post 1-3 weeks.
K-post 1-3 weeks.
HK post 1-2 weeks.
Taiwan post 2-3 weeks.
Asendia about 2 weeks but feels like 2 months.
Czech post 5-10 days.

I feel like you haven’t read properly why the thread was created

Feedback/ help with newcomers or collector’s new to that retailer/ humans like stats
I did read it. I just felt it was pointless me listing each shipping time from each retailer when others from the UK list theirs too. I generalised instead to say that shipping times aren't really a big deal and most arrive when you expect them to. There are going to be a lot more listed.

All times based to the US and using normal non expedited shipping

Zavvi- 8-11 days
Korea- 7-12 days
China/HK- 7-12
Filmareana/Czech- 35-35 days
Amazon UK/Germ/ital/FR- 9-15 days
Amazon JP- 2-4 days
Cinemuseum IT- 5-9 days

There are some oddities like a BFs release that took 2.5 months but otherwise most fall in the time frame and depend on if they come into the US via Chicago or NY for me

Amazon JP uses DHL expedited, right?