UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Shrek
Price: £14.99

11036506-1414767001-32324.jpg

11036506-1414767001-32411.jpg

11036506-1414767001-32348.jpg

Last edited:
Printed back and rating logos... I don't mind at all, its a miricle we even have a Dreamworks steelbook!

I wonder how the finish will turn out, no prev releases to compare it too...

Same cover as the previous DVD and video, come on Zavvi, let's use some initiave, I know the studios have the say, but surely they would have had more than one choice, its a no from me.

Oh great! Another title being released in December! Just what us collectors need right before the Xmas season! :rolleyes:

Not even the 3D version of the film! What a wasted opportunity! A SteelBook version should be the definitive version of a film, so why does this release not contain a 3D disc? :angry:

If it has the logos on the steel and a printed back I will not buy it. Sorry but going back to something like that is not acceptable for me. They can keep such bad products.
The logos on the front will be stickers or be on a jcard
The steelbook itself wont have the rating logo as if stickers they will be removable
Its a legal requirement in the UK/Ireland all DVD/Blu-ray media must show an age rating

As this is a Fox Release it will be a Jcard all of their release have been full size jcards recently
That's what the back photo is showing back of the jcard

They don't have photo yet of the back of the steelbook without the jcard

I would be extremely surprised if Fox went with printed back on steelbooks as this would limit their ability to release this in other countries and cost more

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
The logos on the front will be stickers or be on a jcard
The steelbook itself wont have the rating logo as if stickers they will be removable
Its a legal requirement in the UK/Ireland all DVD/Blu-ray media must show an age rating

As this is a Fox Release it will be a Jcard all of their release have been full size jcards recently
That's what the back photo is showing back of the jcard

They don't have photo yet of the back of the steelbook without the jcard

I would be extremely surprised if Fox went with printed back on steelbooks as this would limit their ability to release this in other countries and cost more
I really hope you are right Paul but with no previous Dreamworks title to compare with I can't get rid of my nagging suspicion that this might turn out exactly as pictured

Have to get this! I'm sure they release all the others in the franchise as well. I have the blu ray version of all the films but my kids DESTROYED them lol. So I'll get this and keep it safe with my other steels away from my kids lol. This will be the first of the Shrek collection to come I'm sure!

Have to get this! I'm sure they release all the others in the franchise as well. I have the blu ray version of all the films but my kids DESTROYED them lol. So I'll get this and keep it safe with my other steels away from my kids lol. This will be the first of the Shrek collection to come I'm sure!
Good luck with hiding this from your Kids :LOL::giggle::rofl:

Good luck with hiding this from your Kids :LOL::giggle::rofl:

I keep them fairly safe. They know where they are but they know not to touch them when I'm not around. That's why I have to double dip on the Disney or other animated films and buy them on bluray if I get the steelbook. That way they can still watch their favorites without touching my collectibles lol.

But back on topic...does anyone know when Shrek goes live??

Reactions: paulboland
I'm going to go for this, glad it's on the lower end of the pricing too. Shame they used this art though, there's better options out there. Still, nice to see Dreamworks animations finally getting some releases.

Am I alone when thinking Shrek 2 is better than the first? I can watch that film twenty times and still find it entertaining.

Shrek 2 Is much better than the first. Pinnochio in a thong and puss in boots with what is pretty much cocaine! That instantly makes it better alone. In all seriousness yeah the 2nd is better. Not a massive fan of dreamwork animations anyway, seem more for kids. Shrek 2, megamind and over the hedge are the only decent ones IMO

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Shrek 2 Is much better than the first. Pinnochio in a thong and puss in boots with what is pretty much cocaine! That instantly makes it better alone. In all seriousness yeah the 2nd is better. Not a massive fan of dreamwork animations anyway, seem more for kids. Shrek 2, megamind and over the hedge are the only decent ones IMO
not a fan of Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar ? :p