snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase links: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies. Includes 3D edition.

First 2,000 customers will also get a free Jessica Alba canvas -
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-posters/sin-city-nancy-jessica-alba-canvas-art-print/10939186.html?affil=awin&utm_source=AWin-111498&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

10985782-1411132958-202721.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202937.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the steel looks pretty amazing love it. This is nothing new I think first time I came across one disc with both 2D and 3D of the movie was resident evil afterlife and the 3D seemed fine to me.

Anyone actually tried starting the film, the 3D option on Underworld Awakening didn't appear till you pressed play on the actual feature film.

Yeah loads of times and looked all
Throughout the menu but nothing. That's why I said I wonder if having a 3d TV changes the options at the menu due to what it says on the back of the j card. Surely you don't do it on the telly remote, that's just converting 2d to 3d

Didn't receive mine today, just got Clerks. So can't double check anything.

This is extremely shady if Zavvi have advertised, charged and sold a 2D film as 3D. £25 for a 2D new release is over the top.

Has anyone checked the Disc in a 3D Blu ray player connected to a 3D TV
People actually own 3D TVs? I thought they were a myth ;)

When I'm home in a couple of hours (hopefully) I'll check what content the disk has on my PC.

Didn't receive mine today, just got Clerks. So can't double check anything.

This is extremely shady if Zavvi have advertised, charged and sold a 2D film as 3D. £25 for a 2D new release is over the top.
Its on the Jcard and on the Disc so Zavvi have listed it as correct
Its a Lionsgate release
The Disc has the Blu ray 3D Logo
full

If the 3D playback is actually missing that's a fault with Lionsgate not with Zavvi

It needs to be checked on a 3D TV with a 3D Blu ray player as some single 2D/3D Discs the 3D Blu Ray player checks if connected to a 3D TV for 3D Playback and this then allows 3D be selected

We need this Disc checked on a 3D Blu ray player using a 3D TV

Last edited:
Its a StudioCanal release
full

If the 3D playback is actually missing that's a fault with StudioCanal not with Zavvi

It needs to be checked on a 3D TV with a 3D Blu ray player as some single 2D/3D Discs the 3D Blu Ray player checks if connected to a 3D TV for 3D Playback and this then allows 3D be selected

Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow, but no doubt someone with the right equipment will get it today.

And yeah you're right - it's on Studio Canal, not Zavvi.

My plucky postie endured a blizzard just to post a sodding flyer through my door. So can't confirm the 3D tonight nor match this up with my German Sin-City steelbook and just gaze at the awesomeness that is two Jessica Alba covers...bah humbug!

full

If the 3D playback is actually missing that's a fault with StudioCanal not with Zavvi

I can confirm that this definitely has 3D!

It's different to other discs that have both 2D and 3D though. Usually when you press play it asks whether you want to watch 2D or 3D, but this recognises that you have a 3D player and TV on the main menu, and plays the film in 3D. The menu remains in 3D but the extras are in 2D.

It's different to other discs that have both 2D and 3D though. Usually when you press play it asks whether you want to watch 2D or 3D, but this recognises that you have a 3D player and TV on the main menu, and plays the film in 3D. The menu remains in 3D but the extras are in 2D.
Oh, well, there you go then.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

I assume you can turn the 3D off though?

Reactions: Flloydo

Cheers, that's what we have been waiting to know. I thought maybe if you had a 3D TV then the options might change on the menu.

Oh, well, there you go then.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

I assume you can turn the 3D off though?

Yes, no option to do it on the disc though, so I have to press the 3D button on my TV remote, but this may different for other TVs or players.

Never seen a 2D/3D disc like this before, but it works just fine.

Yes, no option to do it on the disc though, so I have to press the 3D button on my TV remote, but this may different for other TVs or players.

Never seen a 2D/3D disc like this before, but it works just fine.

See I find that odd that you have to use the remote but if it works then it works. I imagine once others start getting this there will be more chat on the subject and how it works for them. I'm going round my mates tonight who just bought a new 3d TV and he has a PS3 so I'll check it out later and report on how I got on

All 3D discs already have the 2D encode on the Disc but most film studios lock the 2d code and provide a separate 2D disc

There are a few releases were the 3D/2D is on the same Disc
Predator
Texas Chainsaw
and a few others releases

Don't know about you but I'm getting a definite feeling of deja vu here. Rather reminds me of the voluminous posts on this very subject, in a certain other thread, some three months ago.

Don't know about you but I'm getting a definite feeling of deja vu here. Rather reminds me of the voluminous posts on this very subject, in a certain other thread, some three months ago.
Just shows you then its possible for film studios to only need the one Disc
Its been known about from the start of 3D Blu ray development

The ability to play a 3D disc in a Standard Blu ray Player on a Standard TV in 2D this matches the exact 3D Specification

Last edited:
Sigh. Got home and opened it up to find two scratches on the back under the J-Card.
That and none of my 3 Amazon Germany deliveries that were supposed to arrive today turned up. Plus Iron Man from KimchiDVD still hasn't. :(

Now to decide if I want to go through the hassle of dealing with Zavvi's customer services again and seeing if I can get it replaced...
Unless I'm missing something, this is a Lionsgate release, not StudioCanal.

Reactions: StifflersDad