snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase links: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies. Includes 3D edition.

First 2,000 customers will also get a free Jessica Alba canvas -
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-posters/sin-city-nancy-jessica-alba-canvas-art-print/10939186.html?affil=awin&utm_source=AWin-111498&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

10985782-1411132958-202721.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202937.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's region B locked

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Why, when the first one is region free?! Maybe it can be unlocked with the remote control trick? If not, I'll have to buy the U.S. release and place that disc inside this steel, which I have done times but I'm not sure this movie is worth having to do that, as much as I enjoyed it in theatres.

This is a great looking steelbook. For few that were discussing the 3d and 2d features. I have tried it in both types of player to discover that it will play natively in either format. What is lacking is the disk menu option on a 3d rig to just play it in 2d. Thus I have to resort to the players 2d mode option if I want it on my 3d rig. Personally and it's a small gripe, would have been nice if they supplied both disks. On the other hand, there's no second click through disk menu's to get the movie you probably wanted in the format anyway.

Got mine today... it will only play the 3d version.. I've got 3d tv but can't find it on the menu to play 2d! Anyone else tried it or am I just completely missing it?
You have to turn the 3d off on your tv I believe. If you have 3d it automatically plays 3d and vice versa for 2d. There aren't any options on the menu itself.

2D/3D versions on a 3D Disc
2D Playback on a 3D Blu ray Player that's connected to a 3D TV

Depending on your 3D Player settings

My Panasonic 3D Player has this function
In Player Settings
Disc
3D BD-Video Playback

Automatic
Set before play

If settings is it set before play when you put a 3D Disc in the player
You get this message
A disc with 3D video is inserted
Select a playback method
Automatic
2D Playback

Selecting 2D Playback disables the 3D ability of your player making it 2D only player

I have tested this with a 3D/2D Disc and it works 2D version plays

Note it only works on a 3D Disc that has both 3D and 2D versions on the same Disc

Note a 3D only Disc 2D playback it will not work the 3D disc must have both 3D and 2D versions on the Disc

Last edited:
GOT THIS FOR £13.99!!
heres how-
zavvi presently have an offer which, if you sign up to the masterpass payment method and make any purchase, they send you a £10 discount code.
i signed up, bought the planet of the apes steelbook for £8.49, got the code and used it to buy the sin city 2 steelbook for £13.99. then they sent me another code, so i got the cold in july steelbook with that code which made the steelbook free as it was only £9.99. then they sent me another code, so i got the 30 days of night steelbook, which also was £9.99, so that was free as well.
seems they send you a code every time you use that payment method, no matter how many times you do it, although they do state they only have 1500 codes.
i'll probably get another code tomorrow!! KEEP THEM COMING ZAVVI!!

I tried the masterpass option with a putchase on Zavvi, sadly the £10 offer from Zavvi lead to the site one-time-offer.com, I'm not going to enter my card details on that site one-time-offer.com, be warned this is the kind of site that will charge you a monthly charge/s on your card, then pass your card details on to the next site to charge you, this happened to a friend of mine, with a similar site. I would watch your card, I didn't think Zavvi could get any lower, now they are taking the biscuit.

Last edited:
fortunately, i wasn't redirected to that site, so everything seems ok at my end so far. sounds like you had a completely different experience to the one i had, unfortunately.

Ok that's good, it went well for you, there was a message on Zavvi's site redirecting me for the £10 after the payment went through, the other strange thing is masterpass kept taking me to Zavvi's other payment screen and still asking for payment, did you get your £10 off within 72 hours, to your email like it says then?

Last edited:
I tried the masterpass option with a putchase on Zavvi, sadly the £10 offer from Zavvi lead to the site one-time-offer.com, I'm not going to enter my card details on that site one-time-offer.com, be warned this is the kind of site that will charge you a monthly charge/s on your card, then pass your card details on to the next site to charge you, this happened to a friend of mine, with a similar site. I would watch your card, I didn't think Zavvi could get any lower, now they are taking the biscuit.
Ok that's good, it went well for you, there was a message on Zavvi's site redirecting me for the £10 after the payment went through, the other strange thing is masterpass kept taking me to Zavvi's other payment screen, did you get your £10 off within 72 hours, to your email like it says then?

It sounds like you're actually talking about the promotion which is displayed after you have placed an order. If so that is nothing to do with Masterpass, it isn't a new thing and like you say it should probably be avoided.

It sounds like you're actually talking about the promotion which is displayed after you have placed an order. If so that is nothing to do with Masterpass, it isn't a new thing and like you say it should probably be avoided.

I've never seen it before so it was confusing, I just read through the masterpass offer, looks like they send that to your e-mail within 72 hours.

ah, now i know which offer you mean!! the 'click here to get £10 off your next zavvi purchase' offer. that is a completely different promotion not connected to masterpass. that's one road i never intend going down!!
the code is emailed to you within 72 hours, however in all 3 cases, i received the code the next day. they haven't sent a code for my last transaction, so maybe they've got wise to it. never mind, it was a highly successful and rewarding run while it lasted!!
great steelbook by the way with superb 3d!!

Last edited: