snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase links: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies. Includes 3D edition.

First 2,000 customers will also get a free Jessica Alba canvas -
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-posters/sin-city-nancy-jessica-alba-canvas-art-print/10939186.html?affil=awin&utm_source=AWin-111498&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

10985782-1411132958-202721.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202937.jpg 10985782-1411132958-202710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It does make sense to have it all on 1 disc but some people here are reporting that if you have a 3D tv and player it automaticly plays in 3D which can be annoying if you want to watch it in 2D. And like me have a 2 year old that loves to lose the TV remote, can't turn it off lol
With this release you can watch in 2D with a 3D Blu ray player connected to a 3D TV

1)Disable 3D Playback in your 3D Blu ray player or set to choose if you play 3D or 2D in your player settings it will automatically play the 2D version as the Disc has both 2D and 3D version on the Disc
This turns your 3D Blu ray player to a 2D Blu ray player
Use this method if you don't have a 3D TV if you want the 2D coded version or use method below

2)Switch using your 3D TV Remote to 2D by pressing the 3D button although that's not true method of choosing the 2D version its using your 3D TV to do it (This option works for all 3D releases ) if your 3D TV has this function

It would be better option if the 3D Disc has in the menu option to choose 2D or 3D like it is with 3D releases of Avatar/Predator/Underworld Awakening

Last edited:
Reactions: Kashby
Unbelievably, mine haven't arrived yet! :mad: Had this with Jumanji where mine were dispatched the same as everyone else but arriving way later! Seeing people in the US and other foreign countries with their copies before I have mine is particularly annoying! :angry:

Anyone else in the UK not had theirs yet?

Unbelievably, mine haven't arrived yet! :mad: Seeing people in the US and other foreign countries with their copies before I have mine is particularly annoying! :angry:

:chill pill:Busy holiday post is probably delaying it a bit:chill pill:
The other side of the coin is you are usually always first to get new releases in the UK. Try waiting a week or more EVERY time....

Both Sin City 2 and Beauty and the Beast arrived today, despite being sent 2 days apart.

It's fortunate that Zavvi uses Royal Mail here rather than Yodel, who were bad at the best of times before the issues the have at the moment.

I still remember when HMV used Royal Mail and you'd receive an order after a day or 2. They then changed carrier and you'd be lucky to get your item within a week and a half.

Looks really nice this. Best version out there imo.

I dont really wanna pay £24 for it though especially as its just 1 disc. Lionsgate cost cutting again.

Looks really nice this. Best version out there imo.

I dont really wanna pay £24 for it though especially as its just 1 disc. Lionsgate cost cutting again.

What difference does it make if all the content is on one or 2 discs? I just fail to understand why anyone would want more than one disc unless they plan on parting it out and selling separately.

Would the PQ not be better? I know the French 2D only disc of Dredd is better than the UK 2D/3D combined disc.

I bet if someone actually watched the movie instead of comparing screenshots they would never know the difference on the majority of movies done in 2 or 1 disc sets. Compression has gone a long ways since the early days of Blu-ray.

Would the PQ not be better? I know the French 2D only disc of Dredd is better than the UK 2D/3D combined disc.

I bet if someone actually watched the movie instead of comparing screenshots they would never know the difference on the majority of movies done in 2 or 1 disc sets. Compression has gone a long ways since the early days of Blu-ray.