Attachments

• 10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    10353652_508083872653970_9158708439069820925_n.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,147
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah amazon.it usually ships in cardboard mailers and that's the main reason i rarely order from their site but this release looks so nice that i am willing to take the risk

bloody hell steel just arrived in a thin cardboard mailer and huge dent on front on right side. now i need to contact Amazon italy and see what they do.
Sorry to hear that - as it's in stock and you're not in Italy, they'll send you out a new one and tell you to keep the damaged one more than likely - that's the norm for Amazon when ordering from foreign countries (as it's not cost effective for them to ask you to post it back & them to cover the costs).

I'm still waiting for mine to actually turn up, estimated arrival was yesterday :(

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that - as it's in stock and you're not in Italy, they'll send you out a new one and tell you to keep the damaged one more than likely - that's the norm for Amazon when ordering from foreign countries (as it's not cost effective for them to ask you to post it back & them to cover the costs).

I'm still waiting for mine to actually turn up, estimated arrival was yesterday :(

Yh this is only 2nd time ive brought from them. I ordered twilight breaking dawn p2 metalpak and that to arrived crushed and they told me to keep it and they'll send out a replacement. Replacement to arrived slightly damaged but waa acceptable.

Yh I had an estimated delievery date of yesterday to

Ordered through amazon.co.uk. Looks stunning and also cheaper than amaray (on Amazon anyway) £17.35. Not bad me thinks.

Ordered through amazon.co.uk. Looks stunning and also cheaper than amaray (on Amazon anyway) £17.35. Not bad me thinks.
Not bad, with the £1.26 delivery it's still 75p cheaper than direct from Amazon Italy (when I ordered at least, Amazon's price has gone up since) - only disadvantage is 8-14 days for delivery as it's sent from Switzerland.

Reactions: phat
I ordered this title from amazon.it together with some other steelbooks scheduled for release on 17th July. I chose the ship when complete option to take advantage of their flat rate shipping charges and, perhaps more importantly, to ensure that they were all shipped in a box.

Today, I received a notification from them that they had shipped this item separately to give me a quicker service and that the remainder of my order would follow in due course. This means, of course, that it's been sent in one of those A1 mailers! I cannot believe that they've done this. Now I'm going to be on edge that this is going to arrive damaged due to the inadequate protection afforded by the mailer. You just can't win.

For those interested in the Extras...

Snowpiercer Extras Disk:

Menu is in Italian, all with the exception of the Animated Prequel have Italian subtitles (optional).

1) Scenography (English)
2) Visual Effects (English)
3) Behind the Scenes (The Birth of Snowpiercer - Korean)
4) Characters (Mainly Korean, some English)
5) Press Conference (Some Korean, some English)
6) Photo Gallery
7) From Comics to the Big Screen (French)
8) Concept Art
9) Animated prequel (Italian? No subtitles)

I've taken more pics now too (View Fullsize Gallery):

IMG_1407_sm.jpg

IMG_1416_sm.jpg

IMG_1431_sm.jpg

IMG_1444_sm.jpg

Extras Disk Menu:
IMG_1612_sm.jpg

Film Disk Menu:
IMG_1617_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon italy have just sent out my replacement.

Steel is lovely in hand with the shine onthe ice and logo. Debossed logo on back is really great as its gloss the matte background. Also watched the film yesterday and time flew past, I kinda wish the film was a bit longer, not by much, but a few of moments could of had a bit more to them. For example:

at the beginning they could of shown a flashback to life before on "earth" or maybe even flashback scenes when curtis is talking namgoong towards the end. Also, very small critism. When namgoong uses the translator, the english audio should be much lounder as it was so quite, it was hard to hear

Might watch this againover weekend

Is this the best version to open and watch?
Arguably the best looking Steelbook (IMO) & extras (though unfortunately not all are in English & they only have Italian subs)... but technically the others are best to watch, as for some reason Koch Media decided to use a different aspect ratio (1:78) to the one it was filmed in (1:85), resulting in a slight zoom in on the picture, then again this has the best English audio quality, so it's a trade-off. Personally I enjoyed it either way and was very happy with the purchase. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: MGD
Arguably the best looking Steelbook (IMO) & extras (though unfortunately not all are in English & they only have Italian subs)... but technically the others are best to watch, as for some reason Koch Media decided to use a different aspect ratio (1:78) to the one it was filmed in (1:85), resulting in a slight zoom in on the picture, then again this has the best English audio quality, so it's a trade-off. Personally I enjoyed it either way and was very happy with the purchase. :thumbs:

So, i've seen this movie recently and was, quite frankly, blown away by it. I've decided I need to get a steelbook release of this asap. I think this is the nicest looking steelbook i've seen for the film, but i've just seen on Amazon people talking about this diferent aspect ratio - does this make a really big difference? I'm not very technical so I have no idea :/.