Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 5, 9 am UK time)
Price: £16.99
Note: Matte Varnish - Creative White Base - Emboss Spiderman & Title - Spot UV Spiderman

11324115-9844408892726331.JPG

11324115-9154408892843157.JPG
11324115-3464408892910441.JPG
11324115-1244408892948193.JPG

Received today.
"AWESOME" is the one word that comes to mind when looking at both the steelbook and the lenticular.
Perfect design with equally perfect lining up of lenti artwork to artwork on steelbook frame.
Not cheap, but not expensive either, and not unhappy at having paid full price for these 3 - Sony clearly have the right people making their lenticulars (take note, Disney/Marvel).
10/10

• Thanks
Reactions: Danzigg1979
hate those circle stickers they've been using...

You prefer those ghastly glue globs which over time can seep through the j-cards and mark them permanently?
or
You prefer nothing at all to hold the j-cards before shrinkwrapping which can lead to them being slightly wonky or even creased under the shrinkwrap?

Well I meant the whole package. Are the steelbooks different?

Or does it not make any difference if you order these from Zavvi or HMV?
Hmv ones are exclusive to HMV
Zavvi ones are exclusive to Zavvi

First 3 movies are Zavvi
Amazing Spiderman films are Hmv

Same type of finish and embossing on all of them and same type Lentis style

Sony releases all of them

Hmv ones are exclusive to HMV
Zavvi ones are exclusive to Zavvi
First 3 movies are Zavvi
Amazing Spiderman films are Hmv
Same type of finish and embossing on all of them and same type Lentis style
Sony releases all of them
not quite exactly the same @paulboland, while...
- all 3 Spider-Man get the same treatment (embossed both spidy and titles but spot gloss only at spidy)
IMG_8291.JPG

but TAS are quite different for both titles...
- The Amazing-Spider Man gets embossed only title but both spidy and title get spot gloss...
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did get the embossed both for spidy & title but both didn't get spot gloss... which i still don't know why they didn't just do all the same treatments...
IMG_8290.JPG

Last edited:
You prefer those ghastly glue globs which over time can seep through the j-cards and mark them permanently?
or
You prefer nothing at all to hold the j-cards before shrinkwrapping which can lead to them being slightly wonky or even creased under the shrinkwrap?

I think most people would open theirs and wouldn't care too much if the data sheet is out of place. I would rather have a wonky data sheet than that annoying glue they use.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
The original complaint from the member was regarding the round clear disc stickers that hold the j-cards in place.
I was just saying that it's preferable to the glue globs.

Of course the whole matter is totally irrelevant to those that unseal their steelbooks and throw away or store the j-cards (and, no, I'm not getting into the sealed/unsealed debate as it's nothing to do with anyone else what one person decides to do with his/her steelbooks).

The original complaint from the member was regarding the round clear disc stickers that hold the j-cards in place.
I was just saying that it's preferable to the glue globs.

Of course the whole matter is totally irrelevant to those that unseal their steelbooks and throw away or store the j-cards (and, no, I'm not getting into the sealed/unsealed debate as it's nothing to do with anyone else what one person decides to do with his/her steelbooks).

Well I hate those glue globs as I spend more time trying to clean up the mess. My argument would be there are much better adhesive alternatives to use regardless if we keep them sealed or unsealed. For once I agree with Mr Boland, @paulboland, steelbooks are there to be opened and enjoyed, not seeing lumps of glue debris left over :rofl:

Reactions: lgans316
If there were, as you say, better alternative adhesives to hold the j-cards in place before shrinkwrapping I feel sure they would use them.
Speaking about steelbook wrap . . . LOL . . . why did they stop using that quality cellophane wrap on steelbooks - the one with the strip with pulltab to unseal - the type Arrow and others use for their Amarays?

Got me thinking about j-cards (LOL) and these from Sony are some of the worst in the business as they are so thin and flimsy and cheap-feeling.
Bit strange that Sony provides the U.K. steelbook buyer with some of the best lenticulars and at the same time with some of the worst j-cards.
The best in the business are of the type found on AMELIE, RIDDICK, CAPTAIN AMERICA and the other Disneys et al - the type with a closed bottom into which the steelbook slides and not really a j-card at all - more of a partial slipcover. This type does away with the need for adhesives of any kind and should IMO be used on all U.K. steelbooks (except of course on those sold with slipcases or translucent slips such as the Mondos).
riddick j-card.png

Last edited:
If there were, as you say, better alternative adhesives to hold the j-cards in place before shrinkwrapping I feel sure they would use them.

Because there have not been enough releases with a Lenti magnet for the retailers to receive enough negative feedback and returns for this issue. The sticker is worse on the Lenti magnets. It's not too bad on the actual steelbook because it's quite easy to clean off. The production for these will continue as normal until there are enough complaints where most buyers would not bother to complain and just have to accept it is one of those things.

Seems like black friday has had a negative affect on the 1st spiderman steel as its gone upto £24.99, Thought they were supposed to go down not up lol

Reactions: goufcustom
Seems like black friday has had a negative affect on the 1st spiderman steel as its gone upto £24.99, Thought they were supposed to go down not up lol
For a brief time, it was down to £13.99. I'm still waiting--pretty confident that some kind of "trilogy for £30 (or less)" bundle eventually is inevitable.