Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order LIVE MONDAY 5TH SEPT 9AM (U.K.TIME)
Price: £16.99

Note: Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

11324113-5994408892217600.JPG

11324113-6734408892309130.JPG
11324113-1174408892360607.JPG
11324113-8754408892394351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see how Disney UK steels produce 'packages' which was your original debate that the UK are 'terrible' in producing. If anything UK Disney released are just standard slip. No packages in them. For me I am quite happy to have the option to pay £20 to watch a release instead of double the premium 'package 'price. So no, not a misunderstanding at all :p it goes back to what I was saying, 'terrible' is a little harsh.

No I mean the standard uk steelbooks for the Disney collection from are really nice as an example relating to my comment that a high majority of U.K. Steels are pretty crappy nowadays. we also have some other great steels at times. I'm just saying that I've personally moved on to premium packages with slips etc from other countries and continue UK steels but on big drops minus 1 or 2

I don't buy standard amaray with slips. Especially when it's the same art on the case and slip which I believe the UK Disney ammrays are which you refereed to

Terrible is not a little harsh when most of ours are terrible lol

Things like whiplash, ex machina, the new DC animated killing joke are all amazing but don't really count as it was WWA

We don't get many decent WEA. There have been a few but not many

Well if I was rich I buy every premium steel over the standard World Wide releases. It all comes down to money, budget and how much your other half moans when a package comes through the door, and they are saying, 'not another one!' or 'the same movie again!'

What I am now considering is for big Hollywood movies is wait for a premium release with all the goodies and premium slips and lenti and just open that one copy, and have the patience of holding off and buying the first local release and than double dipping to a premium. This hobby is getting too expensive to keep double and treble dipping. The issue with most is I don't think we have the patience to hold off until the premium arrives as this could taken months or even a year sometimes. I like to focus of having one definitive release for each big movie and getting rid of the, not 'terrible' initial local releases, but the standard cheap ones (although they are now becoming very expensive as well averaging £20 - £25).

Also keeping a premium steel 'sealed' with WEA and the goodies I can see as pointless sometimes. You never get to see it's beauty. I'm not getting into this sealed vs opened debate. But if I can hold off buying the first cheaper release I can make more justification opening the sealed WEA one or the premium WWA.

Well if I was rich I buy every premium steel over the standard World Wide releases. It all comes down to money, budget and how much your other half moans when a package comes through the door, and they are saying, 'not another one!' or 'the same movie again!'

What I am now considering is for big Hollywood movies is wait for a premium release with all the goodies and premium slips and lenti and just open that one copy, and have the patience of holding off and buying the first local release and than double dipping to a premium. This hobby is getting too expensive to keep double and treble dipping. The issue with most is I don't think we have the patience to hold off until the premium arrives as this could taken months or even a year sometimes. I like to focus of having one definitive release for each big movie and getting rid of the, not 'terrible' initial local releases, but the standard cheap ones (although they are now becoming very expensive as well averaging £20 - £25).

Also keeping a premium steel 'sealed' with WEA and the goodies I can see as pointless sometimes. You never get to see it's beauty. I'm not getting into this sealed vs opened debate. But if I can hold off buying the first cheaper release I can make more justification opening the sealed WEA one or the premium WWA.
Very sensible post.:thumbs:

image.jpeg

I'm excited to see these get a proper release- the Initial "Trilogy" Release of the steelbook looks fine- but I always passed on it because it felt wholeheartedly generic. Don't get me wrong- I'm not the biggest fan of this design either (the black and white I feel really undercut the color and vibrancy that Raimi so painstakingly placed in these movies)- but I would very much like to own both Spiderman 1&2.

Unlike the more recent "Amazing" series (which seems to produce steelbook variants out the wazoo), the Raimi films were good movies. And I would like to see this on my shelf. That price, though... it is steep- especially considering these movies aren't old enough to technically be "Classics", but still skate the popularity and regard of being such.

I'm not going to risk waiting for a price drop- though. If I miss this, I'll be pissed.

The OP should list (not live yet)

Completely agree and would appreciate seeing the information at the top of the thread "NOT LIVE YET" as well as the correct pre-order price of GBP 16.99.
This applies to all 3 of these Zavvi exclusive SPIDER-MAN lenticular steelbooks.
Please
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With release date so close to my b.day I'll be paying full price on all 3 and also because I don't see these hanging around for too long with several other territories chasing the same Zavvi exclusives.

Last edited:
This is probably the longest I've had to wait for preorder to go live, what's the hold up.
The HMV ones have been out weeks now and these aren't even live yet.

Totally agree I got a feeling these will sell out no problems, right @Flloydo :D?. There aren't that many different WEA for Spiderman original trilogy. I remember the awful printed German text back one. Our spiderman geek @thewoe how are you holding up? You F5'ing the Zavvi Page every hour? :LOL: I will be looking forward to another unboxing video :thumbs:

Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Totally agree I got a feeling these will sell out no problems, right @Flloydo :D?. There aren't that many different WEA for Spiderman original trilogy. I remember the awful printed German text back one. Our spiderman geek @thewoe how are you holding up? You F5'ing the Zavvi Page every hour? :LOL: I will be looking forward to another unboxing video :thumbs:

One of my main points for the no sell out is because of print run. We really don't know the print run. Plus not everyone will want to spend £14.99 on 3 steels at once although these are different with the lenti.

My local Hmv has quite a number of the Garfield spideys and they haven't sold one yet. Went in yesterday because my mate was gona put one of each away for me but he said none have sold so I said I'll wait for the 2 for £25

Man you have no idea :wacky:

Glad to Know someone who has been watching :) Ive been trying to up my game, Bought a tripod and managed to get SteelbookCentral.com to sponsor me :)

One of my main points for the no sell out is because of print run. We really don't know the print run. Plus not everyone will want to spend £14.99 on 3 steels at once although these are different with the lenti.

My local Hmv has quite a number of the Garfield spideys and they haven't sold one yet. Went in yesterday because my mate was gona put one of each away for me but he said none have sold so I said I'll wait for the 2 for £25
Be careful on waiting. A store near me (Harlow in Essex) only had one of each left at the end of release day, after I bought mine. I don't know how many they had or if they had any more out the back, but there was big gaps on the promotional end shelf where I found them.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
My HMV local store had one set. Another store not far had none. So people are buying them, the question is what is the print run? are there gonna be a load more boxes in the warehouse somewhere?

Also, if big HMV stores (Oxford street for example) sell out then they tend to pull stock from smaller stores and re-distribute them to better selling stores.

My HMV local store had one set. Another store not far had none. So people are buying them, the question is what is the print run? are there gonna be a load more boxes in the warehouse somewhere?
That's the million dollar question. I didn't take the chance and just got them on release day. Safer that way.

That's the million dollar question. I didn't take the chance and just got them on release day. Safer that way.

The same here, what's worse than waiting for the price drop and they are sold out then you are missing or got gaps in the Lenti Marvel collection? You can't win every steel. Everyone hates buying a steel only to find a month or two later they drop down to half price or whatever the reduction is. Sometimes you just get it. If it looks nice and pretty, price ain't too bad, just stick the order in. Plus WEA and there aren't that many Spiderman releases either.

Sometimes you gotta accept you can't win every time to wait for the price drop.