Star Trek Beyond - In theaters July 22, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Trek 3 (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Justin Lin[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Zoe Saldana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Pine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zachary Quinto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karl Urban[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anton Yelchin[/ACTOR]

Plot: The third film in the reboot trilogy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

star_trek_badge.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
has anyone noticed here in the uk main cinemas are only putting on the 3d showings atm moment 1 showing per evening which is crazy???
this is at odeon and my vue and cineworld its like cinemas in the uk are setting this up for an automatic fail.
unless cinemas think 3d is goona be rubbish?
have also noticed still has not also got its rating yet eg 12,15 etc was wondering if this could be having an effect on the cinemas not putting there showtimes up seems very strange for such a huge film??
whats releases like around rest of world like usa etc?

basil :thumbs:

There is something strange going on, I looked at the Vue websites for all the cinemas near us and for some strange reason the Star Trek film is only being shown three times a day. I mean ordinary performances not just 3D.

Why would such a film as Star Trek I mean this is the third new star trek the others did well hence why we have a third film so why are they predicting that no one will want to see this?

I mean when Spectre came out it had like 12 performances a day?

Anyone know what's going on?

It's good. Better than Into Darkness in terms of plot and script. Flashy at times and there are a couple of moments that look straight out of Fast & Furious (seriously, straight out) but it's action packed, paced perfectly and the script and plot are very good - thanks to Pegg no doubt - a plot idea that could have been lifted from classic TOS and inter-character banter that is spot-on and often very funny. Pegg & Boutella (as Jaylah) steal the film.

I saw it at the end of an Imax triple-bill of the 3 new Trek films, not a bad way to spend an evening :)

Saw the film earlier today and loved it, Justin Lin did a fantastic job directing and Simon Pegg's script was brilliant. Definitely one of the better trek films mostly cause it felt like a true star trek film.

• Thanks
Reactions: moonbucket and Dano
Taking Pegg's advice and not watching any more trailers/clips... the second trailer was enough to convince me that I want to see the film. I actually really enjoyed Into Darkness, so chances are I'll enjoy this too if people reckon it's better. :)

Abaolutely loved it! Best of the trilogy so far. The story was kind of weak but the action sequences and characters were top notch. The 3D was well done and added to the experience but was pretty much medium throughout. A nice tribute to Anton Yelchin as well. Cannot wait to see what premium steelbook releases are in store for us and look forward to rewatching at home on my 3D PJ. :vulcan:

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and Noodles
This film is excellent. It just carries on, no introductions needed by film 3 and just flowed flawlessly. I loved the acting and the script, I've heard someone say it felt like an episode of Star Trek and I did get a bit of that. It's excellent.

There was a sadness of course. Anton's Chekov plays a big part in the film and each time he appeared on screen it was hard to simply watch and not think of the tragedy such a sad loss of an incredible talent. He is brilliant in this.

I loved the rebuilding of the ship at the end and was bit emotional to see the old crew picture. We just sat blown away as it's a great film and whilst sitting at the end as the credits rolled it was lovely to see the messages for Leonard Nimoy and Anton who will be forever remembered and live on in the wonderful Star Trek universe.

Reactions: Drum18
Going to finally see this tomorrow (well technically later today i guess lol) for my Birthday as there nothing else to do :confused: Been wanting to see this since release, couldn't get any friends to commit to seeing it for some reason.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Going to finally see this tomorrow (well technically later today i guess lol) for my Birthday as there nothing else to do :confused: Been wanting to see this since release, couldn't get any friends to commit to seeing it for some reason.
@Tacozilla Your Birthday?! :OMG: AWESOME! :woot: Enjoy your kick ass day and the film! :thumbs:
tacozilla.jpg

Take care buddy! :notworthy:

Reactions: Tacozilla