Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 20th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.it
Price: EUR 12.64

51uHjW71inL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You may get the original poster but don't be expecting the right font or even a remastered disc as that hasn't happened yet..... It'll just be the same pressing that's been doing the rounds.

I expect these will be getting a release in a few EU Countries and most likely in the UK as trade wide or a zavvi exclusive

The price on amazon Italy though is lot higher than usual compared to recent back catalogue releases

I will be getting these all 10 of them but will wait for a price drop

You never know could have all been remastered for the anniversary :)
Unfortuantely, it looks like they will all be the 2009 editions (except TWOK and TAS)..
http://trekmovie.com/2016/03/18/paramount-to-release-remastered-twok-and-tas-blu-rays-in-2016/
I have no idea what is up with this blu ray. The SFX for the DC were rendered in Standard Definition (and that is why it has never been on Blu ray). To have this truly be the DC - it means they re-rendered all those effects in HD without anyone ever knowing they were doing it.
I'd be happy if that is true - but hard to believe.
Gotta do some Google-ing to find out exactly how this is possible.
(The listed running time on Amazon.it is 132 Mins. which is the running time of the Theatrical Cut and not the 136 Min. DC)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
I suspect what they'll do to get round it is have the blu-ray which is the standard version and a DVD which is the special remastered edition that way they are covered from any flack from fans.

looks like the spines together form the 50th Anniversary Logo
Great catch! I lined up the spines. (Remember that the pictures have the spines on a diagonal)
That is all of them in sequential order.
image.jpeg

With the Amazon.it price point being £17.55 per movie,
All 10 steelbooks = $253.70 (£174.97, €220.78) Before tax.

Last edited: