luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: TBA, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
zcomplete.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes 9 Discs so does the re release box set 9 discs exact same content just new artwork of Darth Vader

2011 Complete Saga Box Set
Films on 6 Discs
Extras on 3 Discs

New Complete Saga Box Set is the same as 2011 just with new artwork
The new Complete Saga Box set is been released before the steelbook releases

The 2011 edition box set is a beautifully made item and that's just the box - this new one is a waste of space although if priced right (GBP 19.99) it will still sell to those who didn't want to spend over GBP 35 for the original.

Regarding these steelbooks - they had better be special in hand to encourage those fans of the films to double/triple/quadruple etc. dip for what are basically the same old discs in new packaging.
If anyone knows if the discs are new masters I'd like to know.

The 2011 edition box set is a beautifully made item and that's just the box - this new one is a waste of space although if priced right (GBP 19.99) it will still sell to those who didn't want to spend over GBP 35 for the original.
Were you getting £19.99 from not a chance of that happening
The re release Box set wont be that price
You can expect it will be similarly priced to what is was when the 2011 box set was released
Its 9 Discs not a chance you getting it for £19.99 even in a few months time

Last edited:
So I've noticed you get the dredd badge with the multi buy. But it's also available to buy now so does that mean zavvi are going to take the whole payment now and send the dredd badge out now? Or wait until the steelbook release date?

So I've noticed you get the dredd badge with the multi buy. But it's also available to buy now so does that mean zavvi are going to take the whole payment now and send the dredd badge out now? Or wait until the steelbook release date?
Its says they will take £6.00 deposit when your pre order the steelbook collection

"....Free Judge Dredd Badge with Steelbook Bundle
Free Judge Dredd with Star Wars Steelbook Collection bundle.
Please note a £6 deposit will be taken at the time of purchase should you opt for this bundle..."

I have the last bluray boxset which is nice enough so I am passing. Also how come the price jumped from £16.99 to £21.99 each that's pretty steep, and people complained about the James Bond steels.

I've just released at £16.99 they were about £101 together and looking at the Judge Dredd badge being £29.99 making about £131 if bought together with all the Star Wars, is the same price they are now charging by putting them at £21.99 each with a ' FREE' badge, but really you are paying £30 for a badge you probably don't want. I think this may be worse than the zbox carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelselecta
Its says they will take £6.00 deposit when your pre order the steelbook collection

Oh yeah,
Did not notice that.
Hmmmmm
Was hoping these were going to be the price they was orginally showing at

Were you getting £19.99 from not a chance of that happening
The re release Box set wont be that price
You can expect it will be similarly priced to what is was when the 2011 box set was released
Its 9 Discs not a chance you getting it for £19.99 even in a few months time

I'm happy with the 2011 Limited Edition box set that came with a film cell and cost if I remember around GBP 60.
I certainly don't need or want this new one and I'd rather cut off all my hair or tattoo my face or have a piercing than pay the ridiculous amount of GBP 75 for it o_O
Someone's having a laugh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mind you it's a clever move to release these in December as they will make lovely Christmas presents . . .
On the other hand the howls of disapproval about the 4 Disney steels bunched together last December will be as nothing compared to these 6.

The fact that the steelbooks are priced @ GBP 21.99 each is beyond a joke and insulting in the extreme (n):sick::pain::(:angry::ohno::mad::BS::arghh::asshat:EEK!o_O:greedy::vomit::yuck:

Last edited:
Mind you it's a clever move to release these in December as they will make lovely Christmas presents . . .
On the other hand the howls of disapproval about the 4 Disney steels bunched together last December will be as nothing compared to these 6.

Not really because we are aware these are all released on the same date.
The disney-gate steels had different release dates and it was 5 all together and literally the month of Christmas- whilst i don't agree with the prices of these your more aware of the amount coming out your account and what date if you do decide to order.
I'm just hoping they pop up elsewhere instead of with these jokers and at a much more decent and reasonable price

My mistake - I've just double-checked and seen that these are apparently coming out in November and not December, which is a LOT better :)
For some reason I'd thought these were going to be released at the same time as the new film (around the middle of December).
Still say that the price is unacceptable, to me anyway.

Whoa whoa whoa! Wait a minute, wasn't the holding price £16.99 for these? Not paying £21.99 for these, no way! I like them but at that price for movies that have been rereleased time & time again, they can keep them! These are worth at best, £14.99 each, and seeing that they are not exclusive to any retailer, I will wait for the inevitable price war between the retailers! Yeah good one Zavvi!! Jesus!

Do they really? I didn't know that. I thought if a retailer buys stock, they have the rrp and they decide on what to mark it up at? To be competitive etc? Really?
Yes correct-the studio can dictate the amount that has to be charged (ie not to "devalue" product psychologically etc), and if price from studio is high to begin with, retailer price may in turn be high. Not sure if that is case here but studios have say on this aspect. For these particular titles, I was told final info was still forthcoming from studio as of this am. Prices often are placeholders. Also depends on what retailers are allowed to "buy in" at from studio or distributor. Discount structure/contracts can vary substantially depending on variety of factors including how much power retailer has to move units in marketplace.