luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: TBA, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
zcomplete.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes correct-the studio can dictate the amount that has to be charged (ie not to "devalue" product psychologically etc), and if price from studio is high to begin with, retailer price may in turn be high. Not sure if that is case here but studios have say on this aspect. For these particular titles, I was told final info was still forthcoming from studio as of this am. Prices often are placeholders. Also depends on what retailers are allowed to "buy in" at from studio or distributor. Discount structure/contracts can vary substantially depending on variety of factors including how much power retailer has to move units in marketplace.
I get you now, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that the studio for example said to Zavvi that they MUST sell this at £21.99, which I thought sounded strange. In the business I'm in, which granted is a totally different industry, we have the same structure, like a lot of businesses we get certain discounts on products of which obviously dictates to how much we can sell for, of which is totally our choice, but if a competitor gets a better discount form the supplier, they can sell it for a bit less as they have the better buying power and can shift more product. With that in mind, you can see this happens with steelbooks also, Zavvi sell X at pre order whilst Amazon can sell it at higher or lower than X dependent on their terms with the supplier, which is really what I was getting at originally, apologies I have had a bit to drink!

I get you now, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that the studio for example said to Zavvi that they MUST sell this at £21.99, which I thought sounded strange. In the business I'm in, which granted is a totally different industry, we have the same structure, like a lot of businesses we get certain discounts on products of which obviously dictates to how much we can sell for, of which is totally our choice, but if a competitor gets a better discount form the supplier, they can sell it for a bit less as they have the better buying power and can shift more product. With that in mind, you can see this happens with steelbooks also, Zavvi sell X at pre order whilst Amazon can sell it at higher or lower than X dependent on their terms with the supplier, which is really what I was getting at originally, apologies I have had a bit to drink!

No need to apologize at all:) Just sharing some addt'l info as well.

Reactions: Steelselecta
£113.94 if all bought individually from Amazon which is currently the cheapest price.

Zavvi sell all 6 for £129.99 but with a 10% discount (code: VB10OFF) this brings it down to £116.99 BUT read the small print, there is a £6 non refundable deposit when ordering the 6 bundle from Zavvi

£113.94 if all bought individually from Amazon which is currently the cheapest price.

Zavvi sell all 6 for £129.99 but with a 10% discount (code: VB10OFF) this brings it down to £116.99 BUT read the small print, there is a £6 non refundable deposit when ordering the 6 bundle from Zavvi
That's only if you take the option of ordering the free Dredd Badge which you must add to the cart if you want it
If you don't add to the cart the Dredd Badge you wont have any £6.00 Deposit to pay

That's only if you take the option of ordering the free Dredd Badge which you must add to the cart if you want it
If you don't add to the cart the Dredd Badge you wont have any £6.00 Deposit to pay

Yes that's true however ordering individually from Zavvi is even more expensive which seems rather silly when Amazon is offering the best price.

Let's have them now on HMV Online and Base @ GBP 15.99 which would be closer to my price point.
The good thing about an HMV price is that Amazon will be sure to follow :)

What has A Dredd Bage got to do with Star Wars ? .

I'm in the Dredd camp and he was never in Star Wars . Sure that the Star Wars bunch where NEVER mentioned in AD 2000 .

Do I have Star Wars ? NO

Do I want Star Wars ? NO

For those that do I hope they are everything you wish for :) .
When I saw the "deal", I thought exactly the same. Seems like they're clutching at straws offering random bits of non-related memorabilia "free"....

Reactions: Scary Hair
Already cheaper on Amazon £113.94 at the moment, good to see a none Zavvi exclusive, I'll take Amazon over any of the others, better customer service. :thumbs:

Reactions: Steelselecta
Thanks for the amazon heads up, just ordered from there and cancelled my zavvi orders. I hope amazon's price drops to £14.99 at some point and we then get the price promise :)

What has A Dredd Bage got to do with Star Wars ? .

I'm in the Dredd camp and he was never in Star Wars . Sure that the Star Wars bunch where NEVER mentioned in AD 2000 .

Do I have Star Wars ? NO

Do I want Star Wars ? NO

For those that do I hope they are everything you wish for :) .

Completely agree. Its even stranger when the badges advertised with the Dredd Steelbook haven't even been dispatched yet!
I similarly have no interest in Star Wars, although I have the feeling these will be valuable collectors pieces in a few years.
But £110+ is too much of a gamble if I just plan on keeping them sealed and selling them on. Especially as (and I could be wrong here) there has been no mention of actual print runs.

Reactions: Scary Hair