Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If its so much like A New Hope, I must of watched a different movie.

I had multiple nerdgasms watching this!

Same here but it has huge similarities to a new hope and the original star was films in general.
Still an amazing film

• Informative
Reactions: InAFalsetto
I totally disagree, is this the emperors new clothes response that so many people think they have to say '... Oh it's a copy of the old films..' Lol

The film is most certainly not a copy, at most it is a homage to the originals but most definitely not a copy but a beautify new epic.
well said flash my man,, defo more of a homage also in my opinion,i.e to quote one scene where rey pulls the saber from the snow, totally epic scene,

i am just bored as are few others I know reading all these repetitive negative remarks that seem to remain in this thread yet but many positive have been removed

Feedback and critic reviews are vastly positive, even here on HDN it's mostly positive. I enjoyed the movie but am also in the boat that this felt like a re-run of the old original 3. George Lucas had some thoughts on this being retro too http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/31/george-lucas-attacks-retro-star-wars-the-force-awakens

It certainly has that retro feel.

I can see why people see similarities between The Force Awakens and A New Hope, because there ARE similarities... the Death Star/Starkiller Base being the main one for me. But you have to remember that Kylo idolizes Vader and wanted to "finish what he started", so to me it makes sense that he followed in his footsteps by going as far as creating his very own (much bigger) Death Star. I actually thought it was a cool nod to the original anyway, rather than a rip-off.

IMO this was the Star Wars movie the fans and the franchise needed. Having seen it twice now I am definitely a fan. To me, the similarities to the original trilogy are both intentional and undeniable - it's a huge nostalgia trip paying homage to the originals with multiple nods/fan service moments and practically zero reference to the (largely criticised) prequels. Ep7 feels like Star Wars. That said, I very much hope that the sequels will run with the new characters introduced in Ep7 and carve their own story rather than relying on call-backs to the originals. More than anything TFA made me excited for the future of the franchise - I can't wait to see what Rian Johnson does with Ep8!

Any ideas on when we'll see artwork for this steelbook? I hope there are deleted scenes in the extras as I've read a lot was left on the cutting room floor. I doubt JJ would be interested in altering anything but I do wonder if we'll see something similar to the prequels where certain shots and small sequences are amended/added for the home release?

Reactions: Noodles and neo
well said flash my man,, defo more of a homage also in my opinion,i.e to quote one scene where rey pulls the saber from the snow, totally epic scene,

Thank you (although I am a woman) lol

My Main point is that both negative (mostly positive) remarks where removed from this steelbook thread and moved into the movie thread as they were deemed separate things oddly by mods.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion it's very simple to say oh it's a copy when in fact it was a very complex and interesting homage rather than simply a copy.

Reactions: neo and yardman
Thank you (although I am a woman) lol

My Main point is that both negative (mostly positive) remarks where removed from this steelbook thread and moved into the movie thread as they were deemed separate things oddly by mods.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion it's very simple to say oh it's a copy when in fact it was a very complex and interesting homage rather than simply a copy.
It quickly become's censorship if the mods keep cherrypicking what they are happy reading ! Having said that, i do understand at time's they have to step in and guide the discussion along it's intended path; here in lies the problem, all steelbook's would be empty without the film itself, and as such the thread's are also about the film ! It's a hard one to call sometime's, and my respect goe's out to them for at least trying. But to say they have the "ultimate" say, is akin to the sith and the darkside ( quote from Yoda, not me ), lol. Just remember all comment's must end "i hope the steelbook is a good one" ! No seriously, i hope the steelbook is a good one ! ( should be, it's Disney ! ).

Reactions: Flash
I can see why people see similarities between The Force Awakens and A New Hope, because there ARE similarities... the Death Star/Starkiller Base being the main one for me. But you have to remember that Kylo idolizes Vader and wanted to "finish what he started", so to me it makes sense that he followed in his footsteps by going as far as creating his very own (much bigger) Death Star. I actually thought it was a cool nod to the original anyway, rather than a rip-off.

I also didn't think it was a rip off and I also looked at things as a cool nod and tribute but when I say similarities there are a few which you haven't mentioned and I think I went into in the other thread in a spoiler tag.
Think people think I'm being negative about this when actually I loved it. Seen it twice now which is rare for me at the cinema.
It was a breathe of fresh Star Wars air in over 30 years and p*ssed over the last 3.
Loved Kylo too

Retro, as in the same vibe as the original 3? If so that is a good thing. The practical effects/characters look so much better than CGI any day of the week.

I was so happy with the practical effects, costumes, creatures and sets I was nearly crying lol

Reactions: lights and Noodles
I also didn't think it was a rip off and I also looked at things as a cool nod and tribute but when I say similarities there are a few which you haven't mentioned and I think I went into in the other thread in a spoiler tag.
Think people think I'm being negative about this when actually I loved it. Seen it twice now which is rare for me at the cinema.
It was a breathe of fresh Star Wars air in over 30 years and p*ssed over the last 3.
Loved Kylo too
There are definitely more similarities, which for me were "a huge nostalgia trip paying homage to the originals" as @burtbird so rightly put it. But the Death Star/Starkiller Base is the one that I see brought up the most on the net and it's honestly the one that stood out the most to me too. Anyway, I'm just expressing my own opinion based on everything I've read on numerous sites over the last few weeks. I certainly don't think you're being negative about it either mate... in most cases I actually agree with you. ;)

Reactions: Flloydo
There are definitely more similarities, which for me were "a huge nostalgia trip paying homage to the originals" as @burtbird so rightly put it. But the Death Star/Starkiller Base is the one that I see brought up the most on the net and it's honestly the one that stood out the most to me too. Anyway, I'm just expressing my own opinion based on everything I've read on numerous sites over the last few weeks. I certainly don't think you're being negative about it either mate... in most cases I actually agree with you. ;)

Oh yeah I agree with you too

It'll be interesting to see the figures from China... I imagine they'll go crazy for it over there! :D

biggest ever non chinese release in china is $400million for FF7. the original star wars movies were not released in china at the cinema, therefore are not as big a deal there as in the US and Uk, so the chances are that the takings will not be anywhere near some people are thinking. People are overestimating the impact the chinese market will have on the taking for Star Wars

(personally I loved the film this isn't a criticism.)

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Quick question probably in wrong thread but still. Starkiller base is it a reference to Luke Skywalker's original name. I thought it was his name in the early Star Wars early scripts

The new character's are good and totally different. Kylo is pretty messed up.

I have seen comments in various places that basically say it's a carbon copy of A New Hope, which I can't get my head around.

Reactions: Flash
The new character's are good and totally different. Kylo is pretty messed up.

I have seen comments in various places that basically say it's a carbon copy of A New Hope, which I can't get my head around.

I can't understand it either it has nods to the old films nothing more. The new characters are brilliant I love Finn and Rey and BB8 kills it, i have never seen a film twice at the cinema (mainly due to price) but we may go and see this again as its spectacular

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007