Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #009) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: June 17, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenti - One Click
Price: $49.00 (Individual editions) - $147 (One Click)
Note: 2000 copies print run (200 Full slip Type A - 200 Full Slip Type B - 400 Lenti - 400 One Click) Order gift: PET Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

Lenticular | Full Slip Type A | Full Slip Type B | Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover with PET slipcover

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Pre-order on May 27 at 10 PM (Korea time) - Check your local time HERE
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive said it before but I don't get why nova or kimchi allow sites to host GBs for them when you can order direct but hey ho, that's just my opinion

Even if that means waking up at 4/5am like when I ordered Her

I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get one from the site for $30 cheaper than a GB all because so many of the copies go to other sites.

If I missed out on the site at the time I'd be annoyed but less annoyed knowing it was due to everyone using the site at the time and not because they only have 100 copies of each because of GBs and even more of a blood bath

Luckily the ones I've gone for ive managed to get at the time of pre order and "touch wood" that continues for the ones I want in the future Like for civil war and possibly this.
$30 extra on top of $49 & $12 shipping is just far too much for me to join a GB

The different forums are fighting for copies for their GBs these days.
Making collectors happy became a minor matter. :dunno:

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
The different forums are fighting for copies for their GBs these days.
Making collectors happy became a minor matter. :dunno:

No offense but no need to insinuate opinion on this forum. personally as a collector and owner of this site I dont care if any of these retailers only did direct shipping. But since they dont and probably need the help with shipping mass copies then all this stuff happens. I'm glad we can have the presence at this site so we don't have to send our members elsewhere.

But make no mistake about it I dont fight for any copies in this regard. If there are no group buys anywhere and its direct to everyone world-wide ... awesome. If not then yes I hope HDN can offer a GB.

@Aniv do you offer combined shipping?

No I dont typically in its true sense; However If the releases are 15~20 days apart I can offer it but I don't want to store goods for a long time and worry about its integrity. Its already a warehouse over here without having to do that :D

I do offer combined shipping to a destination (example you can coordinate internally with your friends to have a certain # of copies bulk shipped to you if that works out better from a shipping cost perspective).

It can never be a 4K print run, it's Nova choice.
They don't have to make it WEA, do they?

Gunna predict the print run
-Lenticular = 500
-Full Slip = 400
-One Click = 300
I'm no expert at predicting print runs. But HDN already has almost 350 copies requested in the GB (so far). Plus combine that with all the other sites doing GBs.
If that's their print run then there will not be enough copies when preorder comes. Or whatever's left sells out under 30 secs on pre-order :LOL:

If I were Nova, I would definitely try to make as much as possible given the popularity of the franchise.

No I dont typically in its true sense; However If the releases are 15~20 days apart I can offer it but I don't want to store goods for a long time and worry about its integrity. Its already a warehouse over here without having to do that :D

I do offer combined shipping to a destination (example you can coordinate internally with your friends to have a certain # of copies bulk shipped to you if that works out better from a shipping cost perspective).
Would it be a big cost for the total if I'm in NY?

(Refer to the GB)

Would it be a big cost for the total if I'm in NY?

(Refer to the GB)

No shipping within the US is dirt cheap. your invoice 2 will be around $3.65 via media mail tracked for 2 steels (which is what I always send with unless asked specifically for priority etc)

Reactions: jimmyv and HOBBS

Thank you for your reply :thumbs:

I actually had Star Wars and T2 in mind. Is this combination possible? Since we don't know the release date of Star Wars.

Reactions: Aniv
Sure! I will definitely act upon your suggestion and cancel the GB..NOT

Life is not fair, get used to it ;).

On a more serious note there will be plenty of single editions to grab from the site. Nobody said that getting a 1 click of everything is mandatory. I hope you do understand there are other channels outside of HDN who will take up these copies if I dont right? Wait...do you work for one of them?

Life is not fair but people must try to be fairer and apply some sense of commonsense and morality.

You are making assumptions that I work for some other sites which is uncalled for.

GBs shouldn't heavily compromise people from directly ordering. Someone posted there are 110 one click orders which means very less quantities available to directly order.

Life is not fair but people must try to be fairer and apply some sense of commonsense and morality.

You are making assumptions that I work for some other sites which is uncalled for.

GBs shouldn't heavily compromise people from directly ordering. Someone posted there are 110 one click orders which means very less quantities available to directly order.

Maybe you should address your issue with the companies involved
At the end of the day they are the ones allowing these allocations

The steelbook looks nice :)

I've sent Novamedia an email asking for an explaination as to why they allocate so many copies to group buys when they could just sell them via their own website, I know it sounds bizarre doesn't it a company selling their own product via their own website.

Edit: I have a feeling this is down to the volume of traffic hitting their website all at once, I suppose they think if they dish a load of copies out to group buys it will alleviate the stress on their website due to high volume of traffic on pre order day.
All this allows for is people to buy more copies for themselves or to sell on etc...
It's enevitable that even the members here with names in the group buy, a percentage of that number will also be ordering direct as well causing even less availability to collectors.

Last edited:
I don't see why it matters about websites like HDN getting group buy allocations.

At the end of the day, if you're a collector you're gonna a, get it through the website... b, get it in a group buy or c, miss the initial release on the website for whatever reason and pay more on the bay.

I'd rather pay abit more in a gb and actually get the item then stay up to ridiculous hours, dodge supervisor's at work etc to try and get on the site at time of it going to live just to be hit with a server issue and when the dust settles see that it's sold out. Effort that just leads to further expense as I'd have to hit eBay anyway.

I think the majority of people who collect steels only know of novamedia, film arena and blufans through these forums. I certainly hadn't heard of them untill I became a fully active member here 12 months ago, and in that case, you know the score, it's GB.. Server issues or bust

I read on Tuesday that the group buy would be posted in a few days but it was posted later that night. A few days later I find out that the one click is reserved. That is misleading. Oh well. I guess I'll try for a one click direct or just settle for individual copies.