Starcraft II

splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
I guess this is where this topic would go. Anyone sign up for the beta yet? I just did at Battle.net

I havent played a PC game in a long time but i used to like the first Starcraft so i figured i would give it a try. hopefully i get selected. I guess you are selected based on your PC specs

Wow, this game is awesome. I spent about 3 hours with it yesterday, all single player campaign. I only played SC1 about 3 times so I'm pretty new to the units and stuff. No multiplayer until I get some of that down!

I only completed the first three missions. I'm trying to do them all on hard, I didn't beat any of them first try :emb: I ultimately had to do the third on medium. I'm at the fourth mission now and I can beat it on hard, I just screwed up on my first two trys. I really like the difficulty level here. There is even a brutal beyond hard EEK!

This isn't a partial game like I had feared though. There are 26 missions in the Terran campaign and you get full multiplayer as well. I think there may be 3 or 4 side missions too. I'm definitely glad I bought it!

Wow, this game is awesome. I spent about 3 hours with it yesterday, all single player campaign. I only played SC1 about 3 times so I'm pretty new to the units and stuff. No multiplayer until I get some of that down!

I only completed the first three missions. I'm trying to do them all on hard, I didn't beat any of them first try :emb: I ultimately had to do the third on medium. I'm at the fourth mission now and I can beat it on hard, I just screwed up on my first two trys. I really like the difficulty level here. There is even a brutal beyond hard EEK!

This isn't a partial game like I had feared though. There are 26 missions in the Terran campaign and you get full multiplayer as well. I think there may be 3 or 4 side missions too. I'm definitely glad I bought it!

good to hear, makes me feel better about sticking with my preorder.

i guess i really want the game. its more a less i dont wanna support Blizzards/Activisions greedy asses like i dont wanna support apple lol

le sigh, I miss Starcraft. Fortunately, my computer that I played games fried it's mobo somehow during the move so I don't have to struggle with temptation to buy it.

just got it. what are your guys' emails so we can all meet up? i never played the original SC so lets start on the same team for a bit :D

or does just the nickname thing work? if so, mines just Mobius

Last edited:
I'm thinking you have to do your battle.net name, which is your email adress. I haven't invited anyone yet though:confused:

I'm down for anything, I've only played about 5 missions so far so I really haven't seen many units yet. I love it so far!

My battle.net email: [email protected]

I'm thinking you have to do your battle.net name, which is your email adress. I haven't invited anyone yet though:confused:

I'm down for anything, I've only played about 5 missions so far so I really haven't seen many units yet. I love it so far!

My battle.net email: [email protected]

i think you can add people via your character name and character code.

my character name is mobius, code is 367 i think.

go to add friend, type in my name, and my code.

i sent you an invite to that email tho, but in case you didnt get it add me :D

ive only played 1 campaign mission, and a couple coop online missions with my friend. im struggling against medium, so im pretty bad, lol. but i dont know jack about units right now.

after playing this for 3 days, im finally getting the hang of things. at least with terran. starting playing more with protoss or whatever today and learning that system as well.

mostly been playing campaign and some custom games with friends. i have so far played two 1v1 quick match games in the beginners league and won both of those. nothing to get too excited about tho im sure, id likely get owned against non-beginners.

its fun and i like it so far. i played a lot of supreme commander 3 years ago and its kinda similar but a lot faster pace. i like how games usually dont last longer than 30 mins; sometimes games on supcom would take 2 hours for just a 1v1.

we should get a BRC game going sometime here. get a custom game 2v2 or 3v3 against ai? is it just mac and i who have this game right now?

I gave splax aand horhay a code but I don't know if they bought the full version since then or not....

I have done about 6 or 7 campaign missions on hard so far. I just started messing with skirmishes and did some 3 vs 3ai with a couple friends yesterday - and I suck again! I really need to get my base up and going faster. I don't know how a hard campaign can be so different from the real thing.

We accidentally played a real 3v3 match online yesterday and we completely beat ass. I was lucky though, I would have died in the first 5 mins if my buddies hadn't saved me. But after that wave was done, I recovered quickly and had 3 thors for a counter attack. My buddies immediately launched the counter and then they surrendered as soon as the thors came out of the fog:hilarious:

I gave splax aand horhay a code but I don't know if they bought the full version since then or not....

I have done about 6 or 7 campaign missions on hard so far. I just started messing with skirmishes and did some 3 vs 3ai with a couple friends yesterday - and I suck again! I really need to get my base up and going faster. I don't know how a hard campaign can be so different from the real thing.

We accidentally played a real 3v3 match online yesterday and we completely beat ass. I was lucky though, I would have died in the first 5 mins if my buddies hadn't saved me. But after that wave was done, I recovered quickly and had 3 thors for a counter attack. My buddies immediately launched the counter and then they surrendered as soon as the thors came out of the fog:hilarious:

Ive been playing a lot of campaign. I have about 2 hours or so left on my trial tho. I think I will buy the full game at the end of the week. Love it so far.