STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen more SW stuff from them considering how fast they crank out their Marvel stuff. You could be right though, the complexity of their SW stuff might be the reason why they are so slow with them.

I'm hoping they have the balls to kill everybody off lol. I mean we never saw or heard of these people in ANH, if they were alive I would have thought at least a few of them would have stayed and fought with the Rebels.

Did you see the Iron Studios 1:4 Vader?:

attachment.php

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/f...etc-/176663-iron-studios-1-4-darth-vader.html

Its got a Hoth base, which is so freaking cool! This will definitely make it stand out from a lot of the other Vader stuff out there.

Whoa, first time I've seen this, I haven't really checked any of the forums lately (other than the blu-ray one during Black Friday). It's sort of cool, but it also sort of looks like he just hit a baseball. Plus I don't trust Iron Studios at all.

I'm not gonna lie, I think its my favorite Vader statue ever. But he looks like he would be a massive space hog because of how wide the whole thing must be. I'm wondering how much this is going to cost too.

I'm thinking that could be her death scene too.

Thats true. But I still want to see these things really soon.

And The Most Awkward Pose of the Year Award goes to .... Kotobukiya!:

Rogue-One-Death-Trooper-ARTFX-Statue-002.jpg

o_O Seriously this thing is so terrible it almost makes the SS one look good.

Ha! That thing is terrible. The Sideshow one looks good straight on, it just looks bad from every other angle, ha ha.

I bought my tickets for Rogue One next Thursday, I'm getting super excited!

Seriously! :wtf: Just give it a pose like in the movie FFS!

It'll be pricey for sure. Hell, those 1/10 ones are pricey. Still, if they can pull it off I'll bite!

Again, sorry for not being around much the last week. Mom passed last Monday, and we are getting things in order. Going to be a weird XMAS.

Dude I'm really sorry. :( If you need to talk or anything feel free to hit me up, I can relate. Hold your family tight this Christmas and hang in there.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Seriously! :wtf: Just give it a pose like in the movie FFS!

It'll be pricey for sure. Hell, those 1/10 ones are pricey. Still, if they can pull it off I'll bite!

Again, sorry for not being around much the last week. Mom passed last Monday, and we are getting things in order. Going to be a weird XMAS.

God damn. I'm so sorry to hear that bro. Xmas will be really weird for you guys but hopefully it brings everyone closer than ever before. Feel free to text me this week if you need anything.

Whoa, first time I've seen this, I haven't really checked any of the forums lately (other than the blu-ray one during Black Friday). It's sort of cool, but it also sort of looks like he just hit a baseball. Plus I don't trust Iron Studios at all.

Ha! That thing is terrible. The Sideshow one looks good straight on, it just looks bad from every other angle, ha ha.

I bought my tickets for Rogue One next Thursday, I'm getting super excited!

Ha! He kind of does look like he hit a baseball. I have a feeling this piece will end up looking really good in person though. Its definitely unique for a Vader statue.

I can't believe Rogue One is right around the corner. I'm seeing commercials on TV for it constantly now. Anyone wanna make bets on how many of the Rebels will survive?

Ha! He kind of does look like he hit a baseball. I have a feeling this piece will end up looking really good in person though. Its definitely unique for a Vader statue.

I can't believe Rogue One is right around the corner. I'm seeing commercials on TV for it constantly now. Anyone wanna make bets on how many of the Rebels will survive?

I will say it looks way better than the Sideshow Vader! I'm still waiting to see if Hot Toys ever releases their 1/4 scale version...

Do you have your tickets to Rogue One yet? I've kind of thought from the beginning that the entire team will die in Rogue One. I'm hoping to be blown away by the movie, I can't wait!

Dude I'm really sorry. :( If you need to talk or anything feel free to hit me up, I can relate. Hold your family tight this Christmas and hang in there.

God damn. I'm so sorry to hear that bro. Xmas will be really weird for you guys but hopefully it brings everyone closer than ever before. Feel free to text me this week if you need anything.

Thank you guys. I took the last week to get my crap together. It has been a tough week.

Haha! Mon Mothma has my money! I keep seeing new mini trailers popping up though and I'm staying away from all of them. The few I saw had new scenes, and I just want to see the movie.

I will say it looks way better than the Sideshow Vader! I'm still waiting to see if Hot Toys ever releases their 1/4 scale version...

Do you have your tickets to Rogue One yet? I've kind of thought from the beginning that the entire team will die in Rogue One. I'm hoping to be blown away by the movie, I can't wait!

No, our local Cinema doesn't put them up this early. I may have to wait until the weekend now. But, I can't see it without the fam.

BTW, you guys see this?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...helmet+EFX&utm_campaign=120516distributednews

Why is it so cheap?

I'm still waiting for HT to release their 1:4 Arnie Terminator from T1. I think its almost going on 5 years since they teased that one, and still no sign of him lol.

I didn't buy my tickets yet. I'm going on the 21st though, so no need for me to rush for tickets.

Thank you guys. I took the last week to get my crap together. It has been a tough week.

Haha! Mon Mothma has my money! I keep seeing new mini trailers popping up though and I'm staying away from all of them. The few I saw had new scenes, and I just want to see the movie.

No, our local Cinema doesn't put them up this early. I may have to wait until the weekend now. But, I can't see it without the fam.

BTW, you guys see this?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...helmet+EFX&utm_campaign=120516distributednews

Why is it so cheap?

I can't even imagine how tough it must be for you right now. I'm definitely here for you if you need it buddy :).

Spoiler alert: Mon Mothma gets wiped out in the first 5 minutes, and its really a clone of her in ROTJ :LOL:.

Thats just the precision cast replica thats made out of some kind of plastic. The old Legend edition was made out of something else and was super limited which is why that one was so expensive. I think they used the same mold for these though. They sell a Special Edition of this one on the EFX website which they supposedly hand painted closer to what was seen on film, but from what I've heard people weren't too happy with the quality of the paint job that bought it. I think the real story here is that SS is now carrying EFX stuff. I think it might be because they are trying to do everything they can to get funds to finish their biker scout helmets that have been delayed for like years now lol. There have been a lot of rumors going around that EFX was about to close up a few months ago, and people are still worried as they still don't have their biker scout helmets yet. Seriously this company is so much worse than SS.

BTW, you guys see this?

Why is it so cheap?

I'm right there with you in avoiding all the trailers and sneak peeks. I honestly wasn't that excited for this movie, but as it got closer and I saw all the Star Wars merchandise I turned into an excited kid again.

I guess Sideshow is carrying eFX stuff now, probably the only way they can stay in business.

I'm still waiting for HT to release their 1:4 Arnie Terminator from T1. I think its almost going on 5 years since they teased that one, and still no sign of him lol.

I didn't buy my tickets yet. I'm going on the 21st though, so no need for me to rush for tickets.

I can't even imagine how tough it must be for you right now. I'm definitely here for you if you need it buddy :).

Spoiler alert: Mon Mothma gets wiped out in the first 5 minutes, and its really a clone of her in ROTJ :LOL:.

Thats just the precision cast replica thats made out of some kind of plastic. The old Legend edition was made out of something else and was super limited which is why that one was so expensive. I think they used the same mold for these though. They sell a Special Edition of this one on the EFX website which they supposedly hand painted closer to what was seen on film, but from what I've heard people weren't too happy with the quality of the paint job that bought it. I think the real story here is that SS is now carrying EFX stuff. I think it might be because they are trying to do everything they can to get funds to finish their biker scout helmets that have been delayed for like years now lol. There have been a lot of rumors going around that EFX was about to close up a few months ago, and people are still worried as they still don't have their biker scout helmets yet. Seriously this company is so much worse than SS.

I didn't know there was a 1/4 HT Arnie! Did they continually display him at shows like they do the Vader though?

EFX sounds like a mess. They still owe me a Fozzie, ha ha.

Do you think they'll have a young Leia or the droids randomly appear in the movie?

I'm right there with you in avoiding all the trailers and sneak peeks. I honestly wasn't that excited for this movie, but as it got closer and I saw all the Star Wars merchandise I turned into an excited kid again.

I guess Sideshow is carrying eFX stuff now, probably the only way they can stay in business.

I didn't know there was a 1/4 HT Arnie! Did they continually display him at shows like they do the Vader though?

Do you think they'll have a young Leia or the droids randomly appear in the movie?

I think they only showed pics of the Arnie. But he looked like he was fully finished with his outfit and all his accessories. I know 1:6 is their bread and butter so if they don't think the 1:4 will sell as well as they want I'm sure they have no problem delaying it indefinitely. I think they'll definitely do their Kylo but since half of the forum was whining about the Vader being from ROTS I have a feeling they might end up changing him up to ANH or ESB.

LOL. Maybe MR will make him if they ever go back in business like they were supposed to last year.

I've thought about that a lot, I have a feeling R2 and 3PO will be in it in the end. If they bring Leia back I wonder if they'll just recast her or if they'll do some CGI stuff and just de-age Carrie.

Edit:

Just saw a really great looking pic of the Iron Studios Vader:

15390837_1357412097603855_3777213787118100258_n_zpsrl6ahfj1.jpg

Last edited:
I think they only showed pics of the Arnie. But he looked like he was fully finished with his outfit and all his accessories. I know 1:6 is their bread and butter so if they don't think the 1:4 will sell as well as they want I'm sure they have no problem delaying it indefinitely. I think they'll definitely do their Kylo but since half of the forum was whining about the Vader being from ROTS I have a feeling they might end up changing him up to ANH or ESB.

LOL. Maybe MR will make him if they ever go back in business like they were supposed to last year.

I've thought about that a lot, I have a feeling R2 and 3PO will be in it in the end. If they bring Leia back I wonder if they'll just recast her or if they'll do some CGI stuff and just de-age Carrie.

Edit:

I was waiting for a picture that was level with Vader. I must say that may be my favorite 1/4 scale Vader I've seen. The Hot Toys one has it's chest box too low and I was never a huge fan of either version that Sideshow did. Man I hope Iron Studios can come through on their QC. Did you see Jyn Erso is up for sale next Friday?

I'm guessing they'll just reference Leia and not show her...or maybe we'll see her from behind with her famous hair buns. Is Bail Organa supposed to be in the movie?

I was waiting for a picture that was level with Vader. I must say that may be my favorite 1/4 scale Vader I've seen. The Hot Toys one has it's chest box too low and I was never a huge fan of either version that Sideshow did. Man I hope Iron Studios can come through on their QC. Did you see Jyn Erso is up for sale next Friday?

I'm guessing they'll just reference Leia and not show her...or maybe we'll see her from behind with her famous hair buns. Is Bail Organa supposed to be in the movie?

Yup, he is in it. There are actually a couple of pics floating around with Jimmy Smits on the set.

Its my favorite Vader statue too. But if SS doesn't end up carrying it this will cost $1K at a minimum to get it here. I'm holding out for awhile on Jyn even if the movie is good. I still can't decide on Rey/BB-8 yet, and I think those 2 would be more important than Jyn anyways. I've still got Kylo and Jango on order and who knows when those will show up. I think I'm actually going to take a break from SW altogether for awhile. Maybe a year or more. I actually want to get back into DC and into some Marvel stuff too.

Yup, he is in it. There are actually a couple of pics floating around with Jimmy Smits on the set.

Its my favorite Vader statue too. But if SS doesn't end up carrying it this will cost $1K at a minimum to get it here. I'm holding out for awhile on Jyn even if the movie is good. I still can't decide on Rey/BB-8 yet, and I think those 2 would be more important than Jyn anyways. I've still got Kylo and Jango on order and who knows when those will show up. I think I'm actually going to take a break from SW altogether for awhile. Maybe a year or more. I actually want to get back into DC and into some Marvel stuff too.

Well if he's in it then the droids have to be.

That Vader will at least be $1K to get here.

What comic book stuff are you thinking about collecting? I laughed when I read that because lately I've been thinking about cutting down the comic book collection and going more Star Wars. :p

Well if he's in it then the droids have to be.

That Vader will at least be $1K to get here.

What comic book stuff are you thinking about collecting? I laughed when I read that because lately I've been thinking about cutting down the comic book collection and going more Star Wars. :p

Ha! Well you've been buying a lot of comic stuff lately so I can understand. I think I'm picking up the Dark Phoenix PF sometime this year, I don't need the EX so I'll wait for a deal on the reg, I'm thinking about picking up the new Venom and Carnage PFs too, and you might want to sit down for this one, but I'm thinking of finally picking up a Superman statue :D.

Ha! Well you've been buying a lot of comic stuff lately so I can understand. I think I'm picking up the Dark Phoenix PF sometime this year, I don't need the EX so I'll wait for a deal on the reg, I'm thinking about picking up the new Venom and Carnage PFs too, and you might want to sit down for this one, but I'm thinking of finally picking up a Superman statue :D.

What?! Ha, which Superman? So does that mean you'd have Superman in your collection but no Batman?

That Dark Phoenix is cool. If you get the two Spidey villains will you get Spider-Man too? My Green Goblin ships on the 10th. :)

What?! Ha, which Superman? So does that mean you'd have Superman in your collection but no Batman?

That Dark Phoenix is cool. If you get the two Spidey villains will you get Spider-Man too? My Green Goblin ships on the 10th. :)

You definitely are going to have to post pics of him :D.

I've still got Keaton Batman which I'll never part with, but I'm actually thinking of picking up the MOS Supes and getting the Batfleck PF to go along with him.

I've never been 100% in love with any of the Spidey statues out there. I really love the pose of SS's newest one, but I don't like the exploding base. I'm actually not a fan of how almost all of the Spidey characters seem to have bases that are exploding, with the exception of Green Goblin. Maybe he's the one thats making them all explode lol. Venom and Carnage are 2 of my favorite Marvel characters ever so I might just get those 2 without Spidey. But thats how I'm feeling today, by next week I could be full gung-ho on SW collecting again :LOL:.

You definitely are going to have to post pics of him :D.

I've still got Keaton Batman which I'll never part with, but I'm actually thinking of picking up the MOS Supes and getting the Batfleck PF to go along with him.

I've never been 100% in love with any of the Spidey statues out there. I really love the pose of SS's newest one, but I don't like the exploding base. I'm actually not a fan of how almost all of the Spidey characters seem to have bases that are exploding, with the exception of Green Goblin. Maybe he's the one thats making them all explode lol. Venom and Carnage are 2 of my favorite Marvel characters ever so I might just get those 2 without Spidey. But thats how I'm feeling today, by next week I could be full gung-ho on SW collecting again :LOL:.

Yeah I'm sure if you love Rogue One you'll do a 180, ha ha. Would you order Jyn Erso if you like her character? It's cool they have two statues ready for the movie, but I'm annoyed they dropped the ball on TFA.

I don't really notice the base on my Spidey, although my nephew immediately asked what it was supposed to be. I'm hoping him and GG look cool together!

Isn't the MoS PF one of the most criticized pieces out there?

Yeah I'm sure if you love Rogue One you'll do a 180, ha ha. Would you order Jyn Erso if you like her character? It's cool they have two statues ready for the movie, but I'm annoyed they dropped the ball on TFA.

I don't really notice the base on my Spidey, although my nephew immediately asked what it was supposed to be. I'm hoping him and GG look cool together!

Isn't the MoS PF one of the most criticized pieces out there?

I think I'd consider ordering Jyn even if I didn't like her character. I think its a really good looking PF. I just don't know if I want to prioritize spin-off characters over the Saga characters. I'm still bummed they dropped the ball on TFA too, I would have probably already had Kylo by now if they hadn't. I think I'm just a bit tired of the dark and bland colors that a lot of the SW PFs have, and I want to start getting some pieces again that have a lot of color which is why I'm thinking of going back towards Marvel and DC for a bit. I should have the Wolverine PF by the end of next week.

I think Spidey will look great next to GG. Its just that without him I don't think many of these Spidey pieces will display all that well, especially the new Black Cat and Venom. There would be no explanation as to why their bases are exploding. As I say that I'm already swaying on whether I want Venom and Carnage or not.

It definitely is one of the most criticized pieces ever. The main issue that people have is he's made out of plastic. I'm not going to lie, I complained about it too. But I really love the outfit on it and I've seen him sell for under $200 on ebay. For a price that low I could definitely overlook that he's made out of plastic.

I think I'd consider ordering Jyn even if I didn't like her character. I think its a really good looking PF. I just don't know if I want to prioritize spin-off characters over the Saga characters. I'm still bummed they dropped the ball on TFA too, I would have probably already had Kylo by now if they hadn't. I think I'm just a bit tired of the dark and bland colors that a lot of the SW PFs have, and I want to start getting some pieces again that have a lot of color which is why I'm thinking of going back towards Marvel and DC for a bit. I should have the Wolverine PF by the end of next week.

I think Spidey will look great next to GG. Its just that without him I don't think many of these Spidey pieces will display all that well, especially the new Black Cat and Venom. There would be no explanation as to why their bases are exploding. As I say that I'm already swaying on whether I want Venom and Carnage or not.

It definitely is one of the most criticized pieces ever. The main issue that people have is he's made out of plastic. I'm not going to lie, I complained about it too. But I really love the outfit on it and I've seen him sell for under $200 on ebay. For a price that low I could definitely overlook that he's made out of plastic.

I get that about Star Wars characters. They should have made the Shoretrooper into a PF instead of the all black trooper they made. It's also why I like Commander Cody and the Fetts. I'm really loving my Boba Fett, I currently have him on the shelf next to Spider-Man and it might be my favorite shelf at the moment. Although the Gladiator Hulk/Wolverine shelf below it is pretty impressive too. :) You're going to really like Wolverine!

Speaking of Star Wars, TNT was showing the movies tonight and I just sat here and watched ESB and ROTJ. I'm so lazy I sat through the commercials instead of just getting up to put the discs in, ha. I blame this miserable weather, I have no motivation because of it! Is it cold as balls there too?

If you can score that MoS PF for under $200 then that's a different story. Why not just get all the 1:2 scale Prime 1 statues, ha ha.

I get that about Star Wars characters. They should have made the Shoretrooper into a PF instead of the all black trooper they made. It's also why I like Commander Cody and the Fetts. I'm really loving my Boba Fett, I currently have him on the shelf next to Spider-Man and it might be my favorite shelf at the moment. Although the Gladiator Hulk/Wolverine shelf below it is pretty impressive too. :) You're going to really like Wolverine!

Speaking of Star Wars, TNT was showing the movies tonight and I just sat here and watched ESB and ROTJ. I'm so lazy I sat through the commercials instead of just getting up to put the discs in, ha. I blame this miserable weather, I have no motivation because of it! Is it cold as balls there too?

If you can score that MoS PF for under $200 then that's a different story. Why not just get all the 1:2 scale Prime 1 statues, ha ha.

I think Boba could possibly be my favorite SW statue just because of how colorful he is. I've got so many black or dark ones that its really nice to have one that pops out. I'm looking forward to Jango too.

I wish I had that Gladiator Hulk because that thing is a Beast!

Ha ha! I'm so lazy except when it comes to watching SW. I will never watch them with commercials. I actually pretty much hate watching all movies with commercials in them. I swear on FX sometimes they take a commercial break every 5 mins, that makes movies unwatchable.

Yup, I almost froze my balls off Christmas shopping today. It was actually pretty nice last month, and I thought maybe I'd get lucky with a mild winter, but then all of a sudden out of nowhere the temperature plummeted and now it probably won't get warm again until May :(.

I'm not going to lie, I was really thinking about getting one of the 1:2 Prime 1's a couple of days ago. Both the Batman and Superman look so freaking amazing! But if I get one of them I'm going to want to get the whole Trinity. It looks like Supes is already waitlisted on SS.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138

Ahh, I see. Actually looks good to me which is why the price surprised me.

LMAO!

Thanks man. :)

I think it is possible. Maybe CG Leia in.

I'm seeing way to many little clips man. Trying to avoid them as much as possible.

Edit:

Ok, I need this Vader in my collection!

Yeah, he is.

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84