STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man! I bought a sofa table from Wayfair for these. Its really similar to a black/brown besta in color, and its about the same size if you would take 2 single besta cubes and put them next to eachother with legs added to them. It puts the head just above eye level which in my opinion is the absolute best viewing height. Too low and it would make it look too small, too high and the best details would be taken too far above eye level. I was looking at pedestals but the ones I liked were almost $300 each and shipping was almost $300 each as well. I didn't think that was worth it. At 90 lbs each I didn't want to risk putting it on top of a besta cube either, I wanted to make sure I found something that was weight tested to hold all that weight. I am definitely VERY happy with him! Its way better in person than I thought it was going to be. I can't wait to have him and Bats displayed together. I can't say if its worth $2K, but I'm already kind of bummed that I didn't order Wonder Woman now. Its that awesome! As PF prices continue to rise and with XM stuff coming in around $1K or more it was easier for me now to pull the trigger on the $2K 1:2 stuff. If PF prices were already where they are now when SS made their 1:2 Maul I might have actually gotten it too, but I don't think the details on that would be near anything that Prime 1 could do. Now SS wants $2K for 1:2 R2 and $2.2K for 1:2 3PO o_O.

My Kylo is really frumpled. I'm just going to let mine sit for a couple months and see what gravity does to his clothing, I'm definitely not going to try adding boiling water or ironing this thing. As much as I love PFs I'm just not putting that much effort into making their clothing look perfect :p.

I thought it was my router that was the problem, but I plugged my computer directly into my cable modem just to check and sure enough it was the modem. I should probably get a new router as well as its also kind of old.

At his age I don't think I'd want to be going to cons and have nerds asking me questions all day lol. I'd probably be really tired too. It would be great to see him get a cameo in IX though.

Let me know how WW is. I'm about 60% on seeing it right now. I really like the trailers I've seen for it.

They will look epic together once you get Batman. Is that a BvS movie poster behind him? Wonder Woman is still available isn't she? It's scary that we can justify spending $2K because of rising prices, ha. It's also crazy how much prices have gone up. My salary hasn't went up proportionally compared to Sidshow's price hikes. $2K for (I'm assuming) plastic R2 is insanity. I still haven't ordered BB-8 even though I ordered Rey. I need some reward points to justify that purchase.

I might try to iron my Kylo. It's bugging me to the point where I haven't turned my Besta lights on lately because I don't want to look at it, ha. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

Did your cable company give you a new modem then?

I've been avoiding all the new trailers for Wonder Woman. I just want to go into it blindly. I'm not really expecting much as it is. I enjoyed BvS more that way compared to Man of Steel (which I had high expectations for).

They will look epic together once you get Batman. Is that a BvS movie poster behind him? Wonder Woman is still available isn't she? It's scary that we can justify spending $2K because of rising prices, ha. It's also crazy how much prices have gone up. My salary hasn't went up proportionally compared to Sidshow's price hikes. $2K for (I'm assuming) plastic R2 is insanity. I still haven't ordered BB-8 even though I ordered Rey. I need some reward points to justify that purchase.

I might try to iron my Kylo. It's bugging me to the point where I haven't turned my Besta lights on lately because I don't want to look at it, ha. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

Did your cable company give you a new modem then?

I've been avoiding all the new trailers for Wonder Woman. I just want to go into it blindly. I'm not really expecting much as it is. I enjoyed BvS more that way compared to Man of Steel (which I had high expectations for).

Yup, its a BvS Mondo print. WW is still available but I would have had to have planned ahead with funds and the display space/area required to display her in order to get her. Since I didn't I'll have to pass and just admire her from other people's pics. Not really complaining though, I'm really thrilled with the two I went with.

It is scary that prices have gone up so high that I just justified two $2K pieces. At least that's what I'm telling myself :rofl:. I can't blame you for not ordering BB-8, there is no way I would have either. Honestly I don't even think its worth blowing reward points on.

Oh, that sounds bad if you won't even turn on your lights. I don't know why they had to wrap them around him that way when they shipped him. As I was unfolding mine there was packet after packet of those silicone packets that kept falling out from under his little skirt thing LOL. I'd love to know how that boiling water method turns out for you.

Yeah, they gave me a new one. They couldn't believe it was that old lol.

I should really work on not expecting too much from movies, otherwise it will be like Logan again where I was expecting the best X-Men movie ever and I ended up with Wolverine vs Wolverine lol.

Let's see if it will actually let me post today...this site is driving me nuts.

I think the new Han and Luke are pretty good, but still have some minor complaints on them. The Falcon base on Han is distracting and I'm not a fan. I thought it would line up next to the Chewie one, but instead they just have weird pieces sticking off their bases on either end. I often feel like it's Sideshow's goal to make it so their statues won't fit in Bestas and apparently they didn't want people putting Han and Chewie in a Besta together so they had to attach unnecessary pieces that stick out on both ends. The Luke looks a little funny because of the stance, but it does convey how apprehensive Luke was during that particular duel. Although I have a feeling that piece will look more natural with the blaster. In the end, neither should have cost more than $400.

So Lou hasn't seen Guardians yet, have you Josh? I went on preview night and enjoyed it, will probably take my nephews this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time building my digital library for my nephews to watch lately. If either of you have a digital code for Thor, Iron Man 2, Captain America, or the first Avengers, let me know. :p

This last weekend I drove down to Cheyenne for their comic con. It was very small, but we only went to meet one person. I figured I better go while I had still had the chance, he's not getting any younger.

18489882_10211974815353142_1526391352459416958_o.jpg

I was able to get on here yesterday, but every time I attempted to post I got an error message and then it apparently blocked me from the site afterwards. Grrrr...

I was debating on going to Alien Covenant this week. Do I need to watch Prometheus first? I think one of the actors from that is in the new one. I have still never seen Alien 3 or 4.

So can we ask why you were in jail?

You can ask, lol! I worked for a chop shop in my teens. Got caught boosting a Porsche and led the police on a 2 hour chase. We got away, but the person i was with had a record, and his prints were all over the passenger side of the car. He got busted and got a reduced sentence for turning me in. I was under 18, so pretty much got a slap on the wrist. That was a different life.

I would watch Prometheus first. I really enjoyed the movie and glad Scott went back to the franchise. I dont know if you need to watch it, but I would.

Awesome man! Love that pic!

I'll see what I got for codes. Don't let me forget! You know I will. Hound me until I post something!

I agree with that. The prices just don't match the finished product for me. Hell! Even GG's minibusts are double the price now. HT seems like the only one who hasn't gone up much.

Holy crap! I thought you guys vanished off the face of the earth or something lol. For once this site was working fine on my end the whole time, but it looks like it really doesn't like you guys at all.

During this last week my problematic internet slowed down to a super crawl with a download speed of only 0.01 mbps, and I found out it was my 11 year old modem that was completely blown. I got a new one and now when I hop on youtube videos automatically load in HD, I haven't had internet speeds this fast in 2 years lol.

I'm trying to find out if the headline here is you went to jail in '89, or if its that you actually read a book! :rofl: It could also be that it took you going to jail to get you to read a book LOL. Okay, I'm done with the jokes, what did you do???

I really need to see more pics of Luke, I can tell what they were trying to go for with the pose but the face seems a bit off.

I'm waiting for the Blu's for Guardians, Pirates, and Alien. I do really want to see them though. I was on the fence about Wonder Woman but the trailers look really good so I might actually see it in the theater. Justice League and Ep. VIII will be no brainers for me, I'll definitely see them in the theater.

Awesome!!! I wonder if he'll show up in VIII or IX.

I'm not digging the Falcon base on Han or Chewie. It just seems large and unnecessary bulky on the sides, if I didn't have bestas I might feel differently though. I'm hoping once I see more pics of Luke that might change my mind on the piece. I can definitely tell what they were going for, but from the couple pics released it doesn't look like they pulled it off that well. I'm not so sure if the pose is any better than Jedi Luke's. I figured after all the complaining people did about the pose on that one they would have made sure to make a great pose this time.

I'm waiting for the Blu for Guardians. Did you like it more than the first one? I'll check my codes when I get home later, I actually did redeem some of my Marvel ones but I can't remember which ones.

I think this Alien takes place quite a bit after Prometheus. I think I remember reading that they will eventually make a movie that will take place in between Prometheus and this one. I also read Ridley Scott only wants to do Alien movies from this point forward. Which is weird because he wanted nothing to do with the franchise for 3 decades.

So I got my Prime 1 1:2 Superman

34536288602_8249a19592_b.jpg

I'll post more pics and my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't clog up this thread.

My first thought on 1:2 scale is its really different. It is MASSIVE and will completely dwarf any collectibles you have near it and make them look completely irrelevant lol.

This piece in hand has in my opinion the best likeness of any actor from any license I have ever seen.

34697995845_ea24cf0bc0_b.jpg

34698001335_482efc5149_b.jpg

34567570531_a9705a2f29_b.jpg

33855711464_456def001a_b.jpg

The paint app on this thing is insane! I have never seen anything like it. I really wish I had a better camera because it looks even better in person. The likeness is dead-on, the camera distorts the shape a bit. I have never seen any company capable of doing shading like this for their flesh tones. It is made out of resin so parts of it look semi-translucent under certain condition which makes it look even more life-like.

When you get in close and hit the piece with a camera flash, you can actually see they even painted beard stubble on it! :OMG: At $2K there are certain details that I think a piece should have in the facial detail department and this piece has all of them! Sideshow could never pull off something like this.

34657657236_733e2587c0_b.jpg

The suit itself is really awesome, and really has a shiny effect to it under lighting. I think they achieved this by painting the body itself silver like Hot Toys did with theirs, when light penetrates the suit it just shoots the light back giving it the shimmering effect like is seen on screen. Unfortunately my camera doesn't really pick it up.

33855701374_2daf129dd6_b.jpg

34698012865_c8e70fea43_b.jpg

34658997486_a68c2d5cfd_b.jpg

33889748673_0db507fc0a_b.jpg

The hands themselves are almost as awesome as the face. There is detail like I've never seen before, including veins and wrinkles. The knuckles also have a slightly reddish hue added to them like real human hands.

34567565871_05e627b402_b.jpg

33855689984_ba07c3fb6d_b.jpg

The only thing I feel slightly disappointed with is the base, which after seeing all of the amazing detail of the figure feels kind of plain. The paint quality is phenomenal like I would expect from Prime 1, but I just wish they would have picked something a little more exciting.

34699467765_0f82a06ba4_b.jpg

At $2K I definitely have more thoughts and opinions about this than I would a normal $400-$500 statue. My favorite viewing distance from this is about 5-6 feet away. It really gives you a sense of the sheer size of this thing. The only slight negative I would say is when you get closer to it that somehow diminishes the size of this and it becomes more apparent that it is a little over 3 feet tall. Although, I do see that as a slight negative, when you get really close the details of the face and suit also become much more apparent and your focus changes from the size of it to the details. When you get in really close you can even see they sculpted pores in his face!!! :OMG: I literally have never seen details like that from any company ever! Its so amazing!

But the big question is, is this worth $2K? Hmm... I don't know. I think its worth far more than anything I've ever seen from SS, but deep down I think a PF is really only worth $250-$300 max. I'll pay more for certain characters I like, or for characters I really like from a license that I want to collect more of, but I really don't think they are worth anywhere near what they are charging. So what do I think this is worth, I really can't say after such a short period of time. I've stared at this more than any other piece I've ever received, and I'm discovering new details daily. I do absolutely love it though!

1:2 Batman will be arriving next week Friday as long as I don't run into any hiccups along the way.

Holy crap dude! That looks so amazing! Huge congrats man! Don't be shy about throwing pics up man. A piece like that needs to he celebrated! I can only imagine how excited you are. I'm looking at your pics and am very excited. So amazing!

I don't think any of them are really worth the asking price. It really comes down to what we are willing to pay. I would say if you're happy with it, it was worth the price. There have been a few times where I bought an SS piece and felt more guilty about buying it than excited about the piece. If im more excited about the piece than feel guilty about the price, it's a piece worth having.

Are those lights in the corners of the base?

The outfit looks amazing man. Frikkin amazing! I can only imagine the detail in person.

I'm glad Scott is focusing on Alien movies. It's a good franchise and they can just keep going with it. I wonder how many years it is between Prometheus and Covenant though. I thought it was immediately after. Maybe they jump forward in the timeline in the movie which is why Elizabeth is in stasis.

Lmfao! Right?! So now you know what to send me if I ever go back. Just send a care package with all the books you've wanted me to read, !

Holy crap, that is awesome! The detail is incredible. I'm sure it looks even better in person! I hope I don't love Justice League so I don't want this later on, ha. I am afraid to get into any 1:3 or 1:2 stuff because I have a feeling it would make my 1:4 scale seem inferior like you said. I couldn't go back to 1:6 after I had made the jump to 1:4. What do you have it displayed on right now? I guess the real question on whether or not it was worth it is if you're happy with him?

Have you fixed your Kylo robes yet? Mine looks terrible because of how wrinkled they are. I read that you need to boil water then dip a spoon in there to use it as an iron. Seems like so much extra work after the amount of money I paid, ha.

I finally bought a new wireless router. I was tired of my Netflix and other streaming services constantly buffering or dropping the connection. I've had no issues since I got a new one.

They stated at Billy Dee William's panel that he is NOT in Episode VIII. They told us to tweet online to get him into Episode IX. You can tell he's getting up there, he was struggling with some of the questions and just looked plain worn out.

The first Guardians was still better, but I really did enjoy the new one. Yondu and Drax were the best characters.

I wonder if Ridley has come up with plans for the direction of the Alien franchise after all these years. I'm trying to decide if I should go to that or not. A bunch of my coworkers are into superhero movies so we went to Guardians on preview night and are already planning on doing Wonder Woman on Thursday night as well. I'm liking these Thursday night movies.

Dude, if you haven't seen Prometheus, watch it! I've seen it about 20 times and love it! I can see why Scott wants to do more Alien movies. Prometheus was just awesome!

You can ask, lol! I worked for a chop shop in my teens. Got caught boosting a Porsche and led the police on a 2 hour chase. We got away, but the person i was with had a record, and his prints were all over the passenger side of the car. He got busted and got a reduced sentence for turning me in. I was under 18, so pretty much got a slap on the wrist. That was a different life.

I would watch Prometheus first. I really enjoyed the movie and glad Scott went back to the franchise. I dont know if you need to watch it, but I would.

I'll see what I got for codes. Don't let me forget! You know I will. Hound me until I post something!

I agree with that. The prices just don't match the finished product for me. Hell! Even GG's minibusts are double the price now. HT seems like the only one who hasn't gone up much.

Holy crap dude! That looks so amazing! Huge congrats man! Don't be shy about throwing pics up man. A piece like that needs to he celebrated! I can only imagine how excited you are. I'm looking at your pics and am very excited. So amazing!

I don't think any of them are really worth the asking price. It really comes down to what we are willing to pay. I would say if you're happy with it, it was worth the price. There have been a few times where I bought an SS piece and felt more guilty about buying it than excited about the piece. If im more excited about the piece than feel guilty about the price, it's a piece worth having.

The outfit looks amazing man. Frikkin amazing! I can only imagine the detail in person.

I'm glad Scott is focusing on Alien movies. It's a good franchise and they can just keep going with it. I wonder how many years it is between Prometheus and Covenant though. I thought it was immediately after. Maybe they jump forward in the timeline in the movie which is why Elizabeth is in stasis.

Lmfao! Right?! So now you know what to send me if I ever go back. Just send a care package with all the books you've wanted me to read, !

Dude, if you haven't seen Prometheus, watch it! I've seen it about 20 times and love it! I can see why Scott wants to do more Alien movies. Prometheus was just awesome!

Holy **** dude! You were so lucky you were a minor! Although out of all the criminal stories I've heard from people that one actually sounds kind of exciting! :naughty: What kind of Porsche was it, 911? I think the only other ones they had that year were the 928 and 944. I almost bought an '86 944 Turbo about 15 years ago, I still regret not getting that car.

Thanks man! I am absolutely ecstatic about it! I literally stare at it for at least an hour throughout the day LMAO! I think that's a good judgment to go by. Although I feel $2K is really expensive I don't feel guilty about it, and I'm definitely not regretting it at all. :D

Yup they are super bright retina-burning lights. They are a super bright white/blue color not yellowish at all. Very awesome looking!

33867017584_ef0140481f_b.jpg

I really liked Prometheus too and would recommend Adam to watch it too. But if you are expecting an Alien movie you might be disappointed, its really something very different yet very good. I think this movie didn't receive the positive ratings I think it deserved probably because too many people wanted an Alien movie. That could be what lit a fire under Ridley's ass though to get him going on more Alien movies.

I read the HT threads and then laugh when I see people complaining about a $20 year to year price increase LMAO! Fricking Sideshow pieces go up $50 week to week!

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
Yup, its a BvS Mondo print. WW is still available but I would have had to have planned ahead with funds and the display space/area required to display her in order to get her. Since I didn't I'll have to pass and just admire her from other people's pics. Not really complaining though, I'm really thrilled with the two I went with.

It is scary that prices have gone up so high that I just justified two $2K pieces. At least that's what I'm telling myself :rofl:. I can't blame you for not ordering BB-8, there is no way I would have either. Honestly I don't even think its worth blowing reward points on.

Oh, that sounds bad if you won't even turn on your lights. I don't know why they had to wrap them around him that way when they shipped him. As I was unfolding mine there was packet after packet of those silicone packets that kept falling out from under his little skirt thing LOL. I'd love to know how that boiling water method turns out for you.

Yeah, they gave me a new one. They couldn't believe it was that old lol.

I should really work on not expecting too much from movies, otherwise it will be like Logan again where I was expecting the best X-Men movie ever and I ended up with Wolverine vs Wolverine lol.

I'm not really a huge fan of the rooted hair on the Wonder Woman so I think you made the right choice by getting the two you did.

I've never had any expectations for a X-Men film as I've never been a fan of any of their members (outside of Wolverine). So I usually enjoy those for the most part, although Logan wasn't really memorable in my opinion. Plus their convoluted timeline just makes it worse. I'm really hoping Disney can get the rights of Silver Surfer and Galactus back so they can make more cosmic movies to pair up with Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't care about the Fantastic Four, FOX can keep their rights and just bury them forever. Maybe just give Disney Doctor Doom back so they can use him too.

Dang man, like Josh said it's a good thing you were a minor! Was that a wake up call for you? Kind of a cool story still, ha ha.

Hot Toys haven't gone up much at all, I just couldn't get into 1/6 action figures. They just aren't as good as statues in my eyes. I'm afraid to get into bigger statues like Josh just did because I would probably be disappointed with my 1:4 scale then, ha.

I will try to watch Prometheus this weekend! I have to rewatch Aliens first. I watched Alien last week. Gotta be prepared for this movie!

Holy **** dude! You were so lucky you were a minor! Although out of all the criminal stories I've heard from people that one actually sounds kind of exciting! :naughty: What kind of Porsche was it, 911? I think the only other ones they had that year were the 928 and 944. I almost bought an '86 944 Turbo about 15 years ago, I still regret not getting that car.

Thanks man! I am absolutely ecstatic about it! I literally stare at it for at least an hour throughout the day LMAO! I think that's a good judgment to go by. Although I feel $2K is really expensive I don't feel guilty about it, and I'm definitely not regretting it at all. :D

Yup they are super bright retina-burning lights. They are a super bright white/blue color not yellowish at all. Very awesome looking!

33867017584_ef0140481f_b.jpg

I really liked Prometheus too and would recommend Adam to watch it too. But if you are expecting an Alien movie you might be disappointed, its really something very different yet very good. I think this movie didn't receive the positive ratings I think it deserved probably because too many people wanted an Alien movie. That could be what lit a fire under Ridley's ass though to get him going on more Alien movies.

I read the HT threads and then laugh when I see people complaining about a $20 year to year price increase LMAO! Fricking Sideshow pieces go up $50 week to week!

Holy crap dude, that looks amazing! Were those lights built into the base or did you add them?

I will probably like Prometheus as I just enjoy a decent sci-fi movie.

I saw this on Facebook and I'm sick to my stomach:

18485720_1871588159790659_3050303498866696128_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
I'm not really a huge fan of the rooted hair on the Wonder Woman so I think you made the right choice by getting the two you did.

I've never had any expectations for a X-Men film as I've never been a fan of any of their members (outside of Wolverine). So I usually enjoy those for the most part, although Logan wasn't really memorable in my opinion. Plus their convoluted timeline just makes it worse. I'm really hoping Disney can get the rights of Silver Surfer and Galactus back so they can make more cosmic movies to pair up with Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't care about the Fantastic Four, FOX can keep their rights and just bury them forever. Maybe just give Disney Doctor Doom back so they can use him too.

Dang man, like Josh said it's a good thing you were a minor! Was that a wake up call for you? Kind of a cool story still, ha ha.

Hot Toys haven't gone up much at all, I just couldn't get into 1/6 action figures. They just aren't as good as statues in my eyes. I'm afraid to get into bigger statues like Josh just did because I would probably be disappointed with my 1:4 scale then, ha.

I will try to watch Prometheus this weekend! I have to rewatch Aliens first. I watched Alien last week. Gotta be prepared for this movie!

Holy crap dude, that looks amazing! Were those lights built into the base or did you add them?

I will probably like Prometheus as I just enjoy a decent sci-fi movie.

I saw this on Facebook and I'm sick to my stomach:

18485720_1871588159790659_3050303498866696128_n.jpg

I saw that and actually came here to post it. Its so heartbreaking! :OMG::cry: I see XM Ghost Rider, Magneto and Phoenix in there. Looks like some SS X-Men stuff too. I really hope that guy had insurance. Stuff like this is why I was talking yesterday about making sure my display table was weight tested so I would be sure it could handle the weight. Looks like these glass shelves just couldn't hold it. Either that or he didn't have the shelves installed correctly.

I'm not a fan of the rooted hair on WW either, I'm just too insecure about the whole rooted hair on figures thing and it would feel like I'd be buying a Barbie lol. I fear rooted hair on a 1:2 scale might make it look too much like a mannequin.

My brother is a huge Fantastic Four fan, they are his favorite comic characters and he's really pissed they never made a great movie with them. I was never a big FF fan so it didn't bother me that much, but I'd like to see Disney get the rights to use Dr. Doom for sure.

I've got my 1:2 displayed away from my other stuff because I feel the scales would just clash way too much. I'm definitely done with 1:2 after these though and will still continue to buy smaller stuff, although I think I'm done with SS stuff. I don't feel their PFs are worth what they are changing any more. I might look into Prime 1's 1:3 stuff if they fit into a besta (obviously I couldn't use doors with those) or I could even see myself picking up the occasional HT. I'm so addicting to buying this stupid overly expensive stuff but I don't think I want to stop either lol. I don't think HTs nearly have the presence of a PF, but I feel they are priced closer to what they are worth more than PFs are now.

The LED lights are standard in the base, but they run on 2 C batteries. It would have been nice to have a power cord option. Since they didn't I probably won't use the lights that often.

I think I have the first Avengers code available for you, but I did redeem Cap 1, Thor 1 and Iron Man 2. Just remind me later and I'll send it to you.

• Thanks
I saw that and actually came here to post it. Its so heartbreaking! :OMG::cry: I see XM Ghost Rider, Magneto and Phoenix in there. Looks like some SS X-Men stuff too. I really hope that guy had insurance. Stuff like this is why I was talking yesterday about making sure my display table was weight tested so I would be sure it could handle the weight. Looks like these glass shelves just couldn't hold it. Either that or he didn't have the shelves installed correctly.

I'm not a fan of the rooted hair on WW either, I'm just too insecure about the whole rooted hair on figures thing and it would feel like I'd be buying a Barbie lol. I fear rooted hair on a 1:2 scale might make it look too much like a mannequin.

My brother is a huge Fantastic Four fan, they are his favorite comic characters and he's really pissed they never made a great movie with them. I was never a big FF fan so it didn't bother me that much, but I'd like to see Disney get the rights to use Dr. Doom for sure.

I've got my 1:2 displayed away from my other stuff because I feel the scales would just clash way too much. I'm definitely done with 1:2 after these though and will still continue to buy smaller stuff, although I think I'm done with SS stuff. I don't feel their PFs are worth what they are changing any more. I might look into Prime 1's 1:3 stuff if they fit into a besta (obviously I couldn't use doors with those) or I could even see myself picking up the occasional HT. I'm so addicting to buying this stupid overly expensive stuff but I don't think I want to stop either lol. I don't think HTs nearly have the presence of a PF, but I feel they are priced closer to what they are worth more than PFs are now.

The LED lights are standard in the base, but they run on 2 C batteries. It would have been nice to have a power cord option. Since they didn't I probably won't use the lights that often.

I think I have the first Avengers code available for you, but I did redeem Cap 1, Thor 1 and Iron Man 2. Just remind me later and I'll send it to you.

Will insurance cover an accident like that? I know when I talked to my insurance agent about my home owner's insurance, I did mention that I have a statue collection, but I wasn't sure if accidents were covered. I have added a bracket below the shelf on my new black PAX for support, but after seeing that I'm debating on if I should switch out the tabs that hold the shelves up to metal ones I found on ebay. I don't think the glass shelves had anything to do with it since none of them are broken. Whatever shelf support brackets they were on must have given out. Crazy that both sides went down. I would be depressed for months.

So someone actually does like the Fantastic Four? Ha ha. Yeah they have yet to make a good movie for that group and to be honest, I don't find Mr. Fantastic or Invisible Woman all that interesting. Thing is cool and Human Torch was decent in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Speaking of stretchy superheroes, what is Alex Ross' obsession with Plastic Man? Have you ever noticed that he's in all of his Justice League paintings? He's such a cheesy superhero from the 60s/70s that DC doesn't even use anymore!

Smart move keeping your 1:2 separate from the other stuff. I can't imagine any 1:3 pieces will fit inside a Besta unless they have a flat base. Sideshow PFs definitely aren't worth what they charge now, but like you I'm addicted. I am done with Sideshow when it comes to DC statues. I'm waiting anxiously on XM for those.

You would be my hero if you have the first Avengers code. My Cap 1 and Thor 1 came with codes, but I must have thrown them away years ago when I bought the movies.

• Thanks
Will insurance cover an accident like that? I know when I talked to my insurance agent about my home owner's insurance, I did mention that I have a statue collection, but I wasn't sure if accidents were covered. I have added a bracket below the shelf on my new black PAX for support, but after seeing that I'm debating on if I should switch out the tabs that hold the shelves up to metal ones I found on ebay. I don't think the glass shelves had anything to do with it since none of them are broken. Whatever shelf support brackets they were on must have given out. Crazy that both sides went down. I would be depressed for months.

So someone actually does like the Fantastic Four? Ha ha. Yeah they have yet to make a good movie for that group and to be honest, I don't find Mr. Fantastic or Invisible Woman all that interesting. Thing is cool and Human Torch was decent in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Speaking of stretchy superheroes, what is Alex Ross' obsession with Plastic Man? Have you ever noticed that he's in all of his Justice League paintings? He's such a cheesy superhero from the 60s/70s that DC doesn't even use anymore!

Smart move keeping your 1:2 separate from the other stuff. I can't imagine any 1:3 pieces will fit inside a Besta unless they have a flat base. Sideshow PFs definitely aren't worth what they charge now, but like you I'm addicted. I am done with Sideshow when it comes to DC statues. I'm waiting anxiously on XM for those.

You would be my hero if you have the first Avengers code. My Cap 1 and Thor 1 came with codes, but I must have thrown them away years ago when I bought the movies.

I think you're right, I didn't even notice the glass was still intact. It must have been the supports, or he just didn't install the shelves correctly. I'm not sure how insurance works on statues, if he even had it. You would probably have to pay extra to cover accidents if they would even offer that. I couldn't even imagine how sick I'd be. I can guarantee that would turn me off of collecting forever.

Ha, yup my brother absolutely loves the Fantastic Four. He read comics back in the 70's and that was pretty much it. He loves FF, and the Avengers characters and Spider-Man. He doesn't like DC at all. When it comes to Star Wars he loves the OT, he didn't like the prequels and he didn't like TFA, I've tried to talk him into watching Rogue One but he hasn't seen it yet.

Now that you've mentioned it I have seen him in a lot of Alex Ross's drawings, in fact I don't even know if I've seen him anywhere else LOL.

I'll check the code tonight, I hope I still have it. I checked my iTunes movie library and its not in there so that's making me think I didn't redeem it.

• Thanks
I think you're right, I didn't even notice the glass was still intact. It must have been the supports, or he just didn't install the shelves correctly. I'm not sure how insurance works on statues, if he even had it. You would probably have to pay extra to cover accidents if they would even offer that. I couldn't even imagine how sick I'd be. I can guarantee that would turn me off of collecting forever.

Ha, yup my brother absolutely loves the Fantastic Four. He read comics back in the 70's and that was pretty much it. He loves FF, and the Avengers characters and Spider-Man. He doesn't like DC at all. When it comes to Star Wars he loves the OT, he didn't like the prequels and he didn't like TFA, I've tried to talk him into watching Rogue One but he hasn't seen it yet.

Now that you've mentioned it I have seen him in a lot of Alex Ross's drawings, in fact I don't even know if I've seen him anywhere else LOL.

I'll check the code tonight, I hope I still have it. I checked my iTunes movie library and its not in there so that's making me think I didn't redeem it.

I may have to go talk to my insurance agent and get my coverage upped. I don't think it's high enough to cover my personal things with all the statues I have now.

Your brother has interesting tastes. You should ask him what some good Fantastic Four stories are since I can read pretty much anything on Marvel Unlimited. I'm willing to give them a fair chance. Rogue One is so good. At first I didn't like it more than TFA, but I do now.

So is there any other Prime 1 stuff you're interested in? I would love to switch to Prime 1's 1:3 DC line since they've teased characters I want like Black Manta and Zatanna, but I would have to actually see them put something up for sale first. It's difficult to get excited about never ending teases. Plus if XM ever starts releasing DC statues, I have much more faith in them to tackle a wide array of characters and actually produce them based on what they've done with the Marvel line.

• Thanks
I may have to go talk to my insurance agent and get my coverage upped. I don't think it's high enough to cover my personal things with all the statues I have now.

Your brother has interesting tastes. You should ask him what some good Fantastic Four stories are since I can read pretty much anything on Marvel Unlimited. I'm willing to give them a fair chance. Rogue One is so good. At first I didn't like it more than TFA, but I do now.

So is there any other Prime 1 stuff you're interested in? I would love to switch to Prime 1's 1:3 DC line since they've teased characters I want like Black Manta and Zatanna, but I would have to actually see them put something up for sale first. It's difficult to get excited about never ending teases. Plus if XM ever starts releasing DC statues, I have much more faith in them to tackle a wide array of characters and actually produce them based on what they've done with the Marvel line.

I would highly doubt he'd remember any of the stories. He would only pick up random issues back then and I don't think he's read any in almost 40 years lol.

I really want to see a lot of their announced pieces too, but I have a feeling a lot of the licensees are requiring them to put a lot of pieces out from current movies and games which is why we are seeing lots of BvS, Suicide Squad and Arkham pieces from them right now. I'm assuming we'll see Wonder Woman stuff next followed by Justice Leauge. They are super deep into the Arkham license and are releasing almost ever character, so I have high hopes once they get to other stuff like their Hush line they will release almost everyone. I am highly interested in their Zatanna though. I think and hope they are going to flood SDCC with new stuff this year. Zatanna should be there. They announced yet another license today Lightstorm Entertainment, which is James Cameron's company. I think that means they are eventually going to do Avatar, Terminator 2, Aliens and maybe even Titanic pieces. I really hope this is the company that knocks Sideshow on their ass soon, I'd love to see XM do it too but they still don't have US distribution rights.:angry:

• Thanks
I would highly doubt he'd remember any of the stories. He would only pick up random issues back then and I don't think he's read any in almost 40 years lol.

I really want to see a lot of their announced pieces too, but I have a feeling a lot of the licensees are requiring them to put a lot of pieces out from current movies and games which is why we are seeing lots of BvS, Suicide Squad and Arkham pieces from them right now. I'm assuming we'll see Wonder Woman stuff next followed by Justice Leauge. They are super deep into the Arkham license and are releasing almost ever character, so I have high hopes once they get to other stuff like their Hush line they will release almost everyone. I am highly interested in their Zatanna though. I think and hope they are going to flood SDCC with new stuff this year. Zatanna should be there. They announced yet another license today Lightstorm Entertainment, which is James Cameron's company. I think that means they are eventually going to do Avatar, Terminator 2, Aliens and maybe even Titanic pieces. I really hope this is the company that knocks Sideshow on their ass soon, I'd love to see XM do it too but they still don't have US distribution rights.:angry:

I'm sure they will dive right into the Hush line since that's more Batman characters. There really isn't much out there for us non-Batman DC fans. People are starting to make 1/4 scale custom kits of characters like Shazam and Firestorm, maybe I need to go that route instead. I'm calling it right now that Hawkman would probably be a grail piece because of how epic he would look. I'm hoping XM will make one.

Sideshow probably knew Prime 1 could knock them out which is why they are distributing all of their pieces. That way they are still making money. I wonder if they offered to distribute XM at any point and were turned down. If that's the case, I would like XM even more, ha ha.

I suggested someone should stay out of the XM Star Wars thread on the Freaks board, we'll see where this goes. He just keeps posting that nobody wants Anakin. It's not adding anything to the conversation and getting old. My biggest pet peeves on message boards are people who keep posting the same thing repeatedly or going into threads where you have no interest in something just to say how terrible it looks or writing "no interest, pass" like we needed to know that. I constantly see people on the blu-ray forum who go into threads on movies they hate just to tell the people in there how wrong they are for liking the movie. Some people sure think their opinion is important and believe they can convince you to think their way. Probably narcissists like my dad. Okay rant over. I realize we rip on Sideshow repeatedly, but I know you guys, ha. Plus they ask for it most of the time.

• Thanks
I'm sure they will dive right into the Hush line since that's more Batman characters. There really isn't much out there for us non-Batman DC fans. People are starting to make 1/4 scale custom kits of characters like Shazam and Firestorm, maybe I need to go that route instead. I'm calling it right now that Hawkman would probably be a grail piece because of how epic he would look. I'm hoping XM will make one.

Sideshow probably knew Prime 1 could knock them out which is why they are distributing all of their pieces. That way they are still making money. I wonder if they offered to distribute XM at any point and were turned down. If that's the case, I would like XM even more, ha ha.

I suggested someone should stay out of the XM Star Wars thread on the Freaks board, we'll see where this goes. He just keeps posting that nobody wants Anakin. It's not adding anything to the conversation and getting old. My biggest pet peeves on message boards are people who keep posting the same thing repeatedly or going into threads where you have no interest in something just to say how terrible it looks or writing "no interest, pass" like we needed to know that. I constantly see people on the blu-ray forum who go into threads on movies they hate just to tell the people in there how wrong they are for liking the movie. Some people sure think their opinion is important and believe they can convince you to think their way. Probably narcissists like my dad. Okay rant over. I realize we rip on Sideshow repeatedly, but I know you guys, ha. Plus they ask for it most of the time.

Well maybe its time for you to just become a Batman fan already. You've resisted long enough, you're getting ridiculous now :rofl::p. Have you seen the Iron Studios 1:10 Hawkman? It already looks really cool even at that small scale, if a company would blow that thing up to 1:4 or 1:3 it would be one of the most attention grabbing statues ever.

Ha! Maybe they did especially since they are still sticking with their 999 piece limit. I'm sure SS would want them to massively increase that.

Lmao! I love a good rant. Although I definitely don't help as I'm one of the people that loves to post "easy pass", especially when it comes to SS lol. I'm right with you on the Anakin bashing though, and Prequel bashing entirely, while I'm at it. I've just seen too much of it and I sometimes have to force myself to stay out of the SW threads and forums out there.

• Thanks
Well maybe its time for you to just become a Batman fan already. You've resisted long enough, you're getting ridiculous now :rofl::p. Have you seen the Iron Studios 1:10 Hawkman? It already looks really cool even at that small scale, if a company would blow that thing up to 1:4 or 1:3 it would be one of the most attention grabbing statues ever.

Ha! Maybe they did especially since they are still sticking with their 999 piece limit. I'm sure SS would want them to massively increase that.

Lmao! I love a good rant. Although I definitely don't help as I'm one of the people that loves to post "easy pass", especially when it comes to SS lol. I'm right with you on the Anakin bashing though, and Prequel bashing entirely, while I'm at it. I've just seen too much of it and I sometimes have to force myself to stay out of the SW threads and forums out there.

I will never turn to the dark side and like Batman! I do like a few of his villains, but I'm just not a fan of the Bat...although I do like Nightwing.

I have seen that IS Hawkman, it is fantastic. Seems like it's selling for a good price despite it's scale. I think Hawkman would be one of those big, works of art statues like Ghost Rider that would become a grail despite the character's lack of popularity. Seems there are a fair amount of collectors who just buy the best statues even if they have no connection with the character. Luckily I don't have that problem, ha.

Well saying easy pass on here amongst ourselves is different than popping into a random Sideshow thread just to post that. I try to ignore the prequel bashing, but when the same person just keeps doing it repeatedly or goes into a thread dedicated to a prequel character's statue just to tell everyone how terrible the prequels are then apparently that is my trigger!

• Thanks
I will never turn to the dark side and like Batman! I do like a few of his villains, but I'm just not a fan of the Bat...although I do like Nightwing.

I have seen that IS Hawkman, it is fantastic. Seems like it's selling for a good price despite it's scale. I think Hawkman would be one of those big, works of art statues like Ghost Rider that would become a grail despite the character's lack of popularity. Seems there are a fair amount of collectors who just buy the best statues even if they have no connection with the character. Luckily I don't have that problem, ha.

Well saying easy pass on here amongst ourselves is different than popping into a random Sideshow thread just to post that. I try to ignore the prequel bashing, but when the same person just keeps doing it repeatedly or goes into a thread dedicated to a prequel character's statue just to tell everyone how terrible the prequels are then apparently that is my trigger!

I'm pretty excited for the Nightwing movie that's coming, that was definitely a surprise. WB/DC is like Prime 1 they just keep announcing stuff without any clue of when they are actually going to make it :LOL:.

I've seen so much of that. I find it hard to believe there are that many hard core Ghost Rider fans that are willing to drop $2K+ on a piece, but those higher end snob collectors buy that stuff up just to brag about it. Especially that original Dr. Doom PF that goes for $4K. I never bought into the whole "grail" term because a grail isn't the same thing to everyone, and no matter how much I like a character I'd never spend $4K on it in 1:4.

I have to really restrain myself as I've gotten my ISP number banned from certain sites' comment sections due to my defense of the Prequels. Once a bunch of people start piling up on me I just lose my cool, and then a mod will come along and ban me because he hates the Prequels and just sides with all of the others :angry:. Its weird because when those movies came out I never talked to a single person in real life that hated any of them, but then the internet exploded and apparently more than half of the SW fan base hates them. Weird.

Did you see they put up the Prime 1 1:4 New 52 Darkseid? 1250 bucks. I think he's bigger than some of their 1:3 stuff.

• Thanks
I'm pretty excited for the Nightwing movie that's coming, that was definitely a surprise. WB/DC is like Prime 1 they just keep announcing stuff without any clue of when they are actually going to make it :LOL:.

I've seen so much of that. I find it hard to believe there are that many hard core Ghost Rider fans that are willing to drop $2K+ on a piece, but those higher end snob collectors buy that stuff up just to brag about it. Especially that original Dr. Doom PF that goes for $4K. I never bought into the whole "grail" term because a grail isn't the same thing to everyone, and no matter how much I like a character I'd never spend $4K on it in 1:4.

I have to really restrain myself as I've gotten my ISP number banned from certain sites' comment sections due to my defense of the Prequels. Once a bunch of people start piling up on me I just lose my cool, and then a mod will come along and ban me because he hates the Prequels and just sides with all of the others :angry:. Its weird because when those movies came out I never talked to a single person in real life that hated any of them, but then the internet exploded and apparently more than half of the SW fan base hates them. Weird.

Did you see they put up the Prime 1 1:4 New 52 Darkseid? 1250 bucks. I think he's bigger than some of their 1:3 stuff.

That Darkseid is huge! Too bad new 52 designs are meh. I'm all caught up on the Superman Rebirth comics and I'm quite enjoying it...despite the many appearances of Batman.

Someone seriously asked what comics they should read to learn about Cable since they had the XM arriving in a few days. And he posted that he spent $2300 on it in another thread! Why would you spend that much money on a character you know nothing about?! He also bought the XM Magneto so he's just one of those grail piece collectors apparently. I would hate for someone to come over and ask me about a statue I spent $2K on and me not being able to tell them a thing about said character. When I had my huge Mattel DC Universe collection displayed there were characters I couldn't tell people about, but those were $10. Big difference, ha.

You are right about grail meaning different things to everyone. I don't think people care that much for the Marvel statues I have and I love them.

I'm going to have to stay out of that thread because the Anakin hate just keeps piling on. I just don't get Star Wars "fans" who hate everything but the OTs. I mean what fun is being a fan of something if you are over critical of it and dislike everything new that comes out? It's friggen' Star Wars, just enjoy it! Of course I'm still against recasting of the characters. :p

Have you seen some of the custom 1/4 scale DC kits people are making? Check some of these out:

18489661_1346181838798426_6789203845170725077_o.jpg

18423899_1346181862131757_2813335367495635212_n.jpg

18447002_10207566365357266_5471085197799412320_n.jpg

Of course they all come unpainted so you would have to find someone to paint them for you. I really like that Firestorm. The others I'm pretty sure will all be made by XM once they get going. That Aquaman really shows how lazy Sideshow is with their statues. It's basically the same pose, but it looks much better. If someone ever makes a Booster Gold, I may not be able to resist, ha.

• Thanks
That Darkseid is huge! Too bad new 52 designs are meh. I'm all caught up on the Superman Rebirth comics and I'm quite enjoying it...despite the many appearances of Batman.

Someone seriously asked what comics they should read to learn about Cable since they had the XM arriving in a few days. And he posted that he spent $2300 on it in another thread! Why would you spend that much money on a character you know nothing about?! He also bought the XM Magneto so he's just one of those grail piece collectors apparently. I would hate for someone to come over and ask me about a statue I spent $2K on and me not being able to tell them a thing about said character. When I had my huge Mattel DC Universe collection displayed there were characters I couldn't tell people about, but those were $10. Big difference, ha.

You are right about grail meaning different things to everyone. I don't think people care that much for the Marvel statues I have and I love them.

I'm going to have to stay out of that thread because the Anakin hate just keeps piling on. I just don't get Star Wars "fans" who hate everything but the OTs. I mean what fun is being a fan of something if you are over critical of it and dislike everything new that comes out? It's friggen' Star Wars, just enjoy it! Of course I'm still against recasting of the characters. :p

Have you seen some of the custom 1/4 scale DC kits people are making? Check some of these out:

18489661_1346181838798426_6789203845170725077_o.jpg

18423899_1346181862131757_2813335367495635212_n.jpg

18447002_10207566365357266_5471085197799412320_n.jpg

Of course they all come unpainted so you would have to find someone to paint them for you. I really like that Firestorm. The others I'm pretty sure will all be made by XM once they get going. That Aquaman really shows how lazy Sideshow is with their statues. It's basically the same pose, but it looks much better. If someone ever makes a Booster Gold, I may not be able to resist, ha.

I still haven't read any of the Rebirth ones yet :rofl:.

OMG why would anyone spend that much on something they have no connection to? I just hate those "grail" collectors. Especially people that buy Dr. Doom, there is nothing about that statue that is worth $4000! Its mostly green cloth FFS! 90% of people buying that thing don't even like the character. I would much rather have 8 characters that I actually really like instead of one super expensive character I don't care about. (Or 2 super huge 1:2's instead of one character I don't care about! :p) I actually think the Cable statue looks really awesome, but I've got no connection to the character so I obviously would pass on that. I'm just not into Marvel as much as I was when I was younger, maybe then I'd be really ecstatic over some of XM's Spider-Man or X-Men pieces. Now I'm just much more into seeing what they do with Star Wars and Batman stuff. I think I'll be passing on the Vader trio, since I don't think it really offers anything more than what SS has already put out. Maybe I'll pick up little Anakin on eBay for cheap since it appears so many people want to sell that lol. I'm still hoping they at least fix the sculpt or add some detail to the face, it just looks very soft right now. Although I'm not a big fan of their Boba, I'm at least really happy they delivered something unlike any other company's 1:4 Boba.

I consider a grail to be whatever your favorite character or thing is, regardless of price. People online make big arguments that a grail has to be super expensive and hard to obtain, but if its a character I have no interest in than it really doesn't matter if it costs $100 or $4000 I'm not buying it either way lol. Maybe if its $10 and I want to buy it just to complete a set of something then I might go for it.

I still find it really upsetting that it seems like 50% of Star Wars "fans" seem to be OT-only people :rolleyes:. And I really hate how those people go out of their way to make sure they are emphasizing their hate of the PT to everyone.

Okay, first off those Flash and Reverse-Flash statues are so awesome! I love the effect they have and I love how they look so good next to each other or running towards each other. This just shows me how much SS needs to be stepping up their game. No doubt they'd make them both in captain morgan poses on top of 6 inch bases lol. I am absolutely LOVING that Aquaman statue. That is how you do it! I love how he's got a super complex base yet the part he's standing on is still no more than 3" high.

• Thanks
I still haven't read any of the Rebirth ones yet :rofl:.

OMG why would anyone spend that much on something they have no connection to? I just hate those "grail" collectors. Especially people that buy Dr. Doom, there is nothing about that statue that is worth $4000! Its mostly green cloth FFS! 90% of people buying that thing don't even like the character. I would much rather have 8 characters that I actually really like instead of one super expensive character I don't care about. (Or 2 super huge 1:2's instead of one character I don't care about! :p) I actually think the Cable statue looks really awesome, but I've got no connection to the character so I obviously would pass on that. I'm just not into Marvel as much as I was when I was younger, maybe then I'd be really ecstatic over some of XM's Spider-Man or X-Men pieces. Now I'm just much more into seeing what they do with Star Wars and Batman stuff. I think I'll be passing on the Vader trio, since I don't think it really offers anything more than what SS has already put out. Maybe I'll pick up little Anakin on eBay for cheap since it appears so many people want to sell that lol. I'm still hoping they at least fix the sculpt or add some detail to the face, it just looks very soft right now. Although I'm not a big fan of their Boba, I'm at least really happy they delivered something unlike any other company's 1:4 Boba.

I consider a grail to be whatever your favorite character or thing is, regardless of price. People online make big arguments that a grail has to be super expensive and hard to obtain, but if its a character I have no interest in than it really doesn't matter if it costs $100 or $4000 I'm not buying it either way lol. Maybe if its $10 and I want to buy it just to complete a set of something then I might go for it.

I still find it really upsetting that it seems like 50% of Star Wars "fans" seem to be OT-only people :rolleyes:. And I really hate how those people go out of their way to make sure they are emphasizing their hate of the PT to everyone.

Okay, first off those Flash and Reverse-Flash statues are so awesome! I love the effect they have and I love how they look so good next to each other or running towards each other. This just shows me how much SS needs to be stepping up their game. No doubt they'd make them both in captain morgan poses on top of 6 inch bases lol. I am absolutely LOVING that Aquaman statue. That is how you do it! I love how he's got a super complex base yet the part he's standing on is still no more than 3" high.

I feel like the Rebirth comics are slowly building towards fixing the world back to pre-new 52. At least that's my hope. There's definitely something bigger going on that they hint at throughout the storylines.

I've never understood the love for the Dr. Doom statue. Just a tin can with green cloth on it. Of course I'm not a Dr. Doom fan either. I agree that the Cable statue is cool, but honestly I had never even heard of him until I saw that statue, ha.

Makes sense for you to skip the Vader trio since you already have Anakin. If Hot Toys ever releases their Vader you could pose him exactly like the XM one and after picking up little Ani cheap, you would basically have the lineup for a lot less! I'm still waiting to see how they fix the sculpts.

The people that go out of their way to make sure they are emphasizing their hate of the PT to everyone is the part that drives me nuts! They are so pretentious that they think their opinion is so important that everyone must hear it. I just want to punch them all! I'm pretty sure Lou has which is awesome!

Aren't those custom statues awesome? Unfortunately I inquired about them and it would probably cost about $2K when all is said and done. They are $600 plus shipping from Asia. Then you'd have to find a painter, ship it to and pay him, then pay for shipping back to you. It's just too much of a hassle and not worth it in the end. Maybe someone will be trying to sell their already painted statue for a decent price later on.

• Thanks
I feel like the Rebirth comics are slowly building towards fixing the world back to pre-new 52. At least that's my hope. There's definitely something bigger going on that they hint at throughout the storylines.

I've never understood the love for the Dr. Doom statue. Just a tin can with green cloth on it. Of course I'm not a Dr. Doom fan either. I agree that the Cable statue is cool, but honestly I had never even heard of him until I saw that statue, ha.

Makes sense for you to skip the Vader trio since you already have Anakin. If Hot Toys ever releases their Vader you could pose him exactly like the XM one and after picking up little Ani cheap, you would basically have the lineup for a lot less! I'm still waiting to see how they fix the sculpts.

The people that go out of their way to make sure they are emphasizing their hate of the PT to everyone is the part that drives me nuts! They are so pretentious that they think their opinion is so important that everyone must hear it. I just want to punch them all! I'm pretty sure Lou has which is awesome!

Aren't those custom statues awesome? Unfortunately I inquired about them and it would probably cost about $2K when all is said and done. They are $600 plus shipping from Asia. Then you'd have to find a painter, ship it to and pay him, then pay for shipping back to you. It's just too much of a hassle and not worth it in the end. Maybe someone will be trying to sell their already painted statue for a decent price later on.

If that's the case maybe I should get into these. Is there some kind of theamup thing happening with the Watchmen going on right now? There is a rumor going around that Dr. Manhattan is going to show up in the Justice League movie.

I was aware of Cable from watching the X-Men cartoon back in the 90's, but he never was one of my favorites. I thought after coming up with all of the awesome mutants with powers, then making this old looking guy with a giant gun was kind of boring. I just don't understand the popularity of that character right now. Maybe once he shows up in the next Deadpool movie that will change my mind.

I've got a feeling the sculpts will turn out okay. XM realized pretty quickly they had to fix them, I just hope they get a good sculptor.

Lou's punches delivered justice for all of us PT fans! LOL.

Which one of them is your favorite? I'm really loving that Aquaman. $2K sounds really high for these, but I know custom statues are always super expensive, sometimes even way more than that. I just don't think I could spend that on any 1:4 statue ever. I'm sure you will though if they do Booster Gold :p. I could see XM delivering something of this quality and imagination. Whatever SS does will end up being boring, especially with the Flash. I wish Prime 1's wasn't running up a sideways street, I like the lightning effect though. I've got a bad feeling that thing is going to bend over time though with a pose like that.

• Thanks
If that's the case maybe I should get into these. Is there some kind of theamup thing happening with the Watchmen going on right now? There is a rumor going around that Dr. Manhattan is going to show up in the Justice League movie.

I was aware of Cable from watching the X-Men cartoon back in the 90's, but he never was one of my favorites. I thought after coming up with all of the awesome mutants with powers, then making this old looking guy with a giant gun was kind of boring. I just don't understand the popularity of that character right now. Maybe once he shows up in the next Deadpool movie that will change my mind.

I've got a feeling the sculpts will turn out okay. XM realized pretty quickly they had to fix them, I just hope they get a good sculptor.

Lou's punches delivered justice for all of us PT fans! LOL.

Which one of them is your favorite? I'm really loving that Aquaman. $2K sounds really high for these, but I know custom statues are always super expensive, sometimes even way more than that. I just don't think I could spend that on any 1:4 statue ever. I'm sure you will though if they do Booster Gold :p. I could see XM delivering something of this quality and imagination. Whatever SS does will end up being boring, especially with the Flash. I wish Prime 1's wasn't running up a sideways street, I like the lightning effect though. I've got a bad feeling that thing is going to bend over time though with a pose like that.

I would wait to see if they actually reboot it. You know this is leading to another big event at the end which will reset everything to something else yet again. But yeah, I think when Barry pulled Wally out of the time stream in the main Rebirth title that he told him Doctor Manhattan was responsible for de-aging everyone 10 years and causing the new 52 universe. I know Batman found a Watchmen button while he was investigating as well. Booster Gold still hasn't appeared in Rebirth.

I have faith that XM will do everything they can to fix them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will come out good. I'm still crossing my fingers that they hire Hot Toys, ha ha.

The Flash pair is my favorite in that group. Hawkman looks odd holding his weapons that way. I think the Firestorm is cool too just because he's a more obscure character and I like the fire effect. It will be cool to see them all painted once people start getting them. XM can definitely do something like these. Heck they already have with their Quicksilver and Namor.

• Thanks
I would wait to see if they actually reboot it. You know this is leading to another big event at the end which will reset everything to something else yet again. But yeah, I think when Barry pulled Wally out of the time stream in the main Rebirth title that he told him Doctor Manhattan was responsible for de-aging everyone 10 years and causing the new 52 universe. I know Batman found a Watchmen button while he was investigating as well. Booster Gold still hasn't appeared in Rebirth.

I have faith that XM will do everything they can to fix them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will come out good. I'm still crossing my fingers that they hire Hot Toys, ha ha.

The Flash pair is my favorite in that group. Hawkman looks odd holding his weapons that way. I think the Firestorm is cool too just because he's a more obscure character and I like the fire effect. It will be cool to see them all painted once people start getting them. XM can definitely do something like these. Heck they already have with their Quicksilver and Namor.

Geez, that sounds really complex lol. Can't they just reboot this whole thing from scratch and just pretend none of it happened? Like just reboot it with no explanation and just call it DC Fixed lol.

Ha! Me too!

I forgot all about their Namor, that Octopus base is really awesome! When is the next con for XM? I think Prime 1's next one is SDCC. It looks like SS is going to release a Zatanna PF right around the same time as Prime 1 does theirs.

• Thanks