STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I still have pics. I guess I'll give it a shot. I'm not expecting them to do anything though.

Hopefully there will be a Jim Lee and an Alex Ross piece at Wonderfest. How awesome would it be if they were both Batman! :rofl: :p

Ha! I guess I'd have to get the Han Solo movie if they pull that.

I am a little jealous. I'll admit it. But I'm definitely going to hold out for either a DC piece or a SW.

Who buys these things? Have people not seen how terrible the life size Boba turned out in-hand? K-2SO and the Death Trooper are interesting choices, but wouldn't a life size Luke, Han or Chewie be better choices? Is the Rogue One hype still strong enough for people to drop $9k?

Grrrr...I will go into full Batman rage mode if they reveal both a Jim Lee and Alex Ross Batman! Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Superman supporting characters and would buy a lot of them! Lex in battle suit (not in the boring Captain Morgan pose), Brainiac, Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Bizarro, Eradicator, a proper sized Darkseid, Doomsday, heck I would buy all of those!

I'm guessing extremely rich people buy the life sized statues. I mean the armor plus the mannequin would cost about 1/3 of what Sideshow is charging so there's really no reason to buy those life size statues unless you have a ton of money! Sideshow clearly has no idea how to catch the hype train. Hot Toys are smart in putting everything up right when the movie comes out because it's easy to walk out of the theater and have the thrill of the movie make you order a figure (trust me, I've done it). Sideshow should be releasing a life size BB-8 right now to catch the TLJ hype, but they are always months behind.

I doubt they would ever do a life size human, it would be too difficult to sculpt. I wonder how much they would charge for a life size Chewie? I remember back when those Muppets were being released and Fozzie was supposed to be the next one. It was a guess that he'd be around $400-500. He was about 4 feet tall and has fur just like Chewie so you'd think just double that price plus inflation would put him around $2K. I bet Sideshow would charge at least $8K though and say it was complicated to make.

Grrrr...I will go into full Batman rage mode if they reveal both a Jim Lee and Alex Ross Batman! Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Superman supporting characters and would buy a lot of them! Lex in battle suit (not in the boring Captain Morgan pose), Brainiac, Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Bizarro, Eradicator, a proper sized Darkseid, Doomsday, heck I would buy all of those!

I'm guessing extremely rich people buy the life sized statues. I mean the armor plus the mannequin would cost about 1/3 of what Sideshow is charging so there's really no reason to buy those life size statues unless you have a ton of money! Sideshow clearly has no idea how to catch the hype train. Hot Toys are smart in putting everything up right when the movie comes out because it's easy to walk out of the theater and have the thrill of the movie make you order a figure (trust me, I've done it). Sideshow should be releasing a life size BB-8 right now to catch the TLJ hype, but they are always months behind.

I doubt they would ever do a life size human, it would be too difficult to sculpt. I wonder how much they would charge for a life size Chewie? I remember back when those Muppets were being released and Fozzie was supposed to be the next one. It was a guess that he'd be around $400-500. He was about 4 feet tall and has fur just like Chewie so you'd think just double that price plus inflation would put him around $2K. I bet Sideshow would charge at least $8K though and say it was complicated to make.

Ha! Even I hope they don't reveal two Batmans. I think most Superman fans would want most villains if they are doing a collection. A collection of Superman with all his villains would look just as awesome as Batman with all of his villains, so hopefully some company makes it happen.

I thought for sure after they made a new life size R2 they'd announce life size 3PO and BB-8 right afterwards. I never saw a life size K-2SO coming. I've bought stuff right after seeing a new movie or playing a new game too. I'm a sucker for that.

I would think for $8K they could get a good sculptor in there to do a good actor likeness in 1:1, and use that translucent resin stuff to make it look alive. I'd freaking love a life size Chewie though!

Have you been keeping up with this page?: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/coming-soon/ Its been updating multiple times an hour. I think they will eventually reveal everything within a couple of hours making waiting on the forums for pics of Preview Night to come in absolutely pointless.

Here is lifesize K-2SO:

preview_TBD_K2S0LifeSize_2.jpg

Here's a link to all the "new" stuff at comic con. Nothing really to see. Hot Toys are still saying the 1/4 Vader and Stormie are coming along with their cockpit and Rey's speeder. Hopefully there's actual new stuff on display!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/coming-soon/?affiliate=jmartino|&utm_source=jmartino&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2fwhats-new%2fcoming-soon%2f&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

IMG_1345-464x600.jpeg

EDIT: Whoops, apparently you were posting a link to the same page as me at the same time!

Ha! Even I hope they don't reveal two Batmans. I think most Superman fans would want most villains if they are doing a collection. A collection of Superman with all his villains would look just as awesome as Batman with all of his villains, so hopefully some company makes it happen.

I thought for sure after they made a new life size R2 they'd announce life size 3PO and BB-8 right afterwards. I never saw a life size K-2SO coming. I've bought stuff right after seeing a new movie or playing a new game too. I'm a sucker for that.

I would think for $8K they could get a good sculptor in there to do a good actor likeness in 1:1, and use that translucent resin stuff to make it look alive. I'd freaking love a life size Chewie though!

Have you been keeping up with this page?: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/coming-soon/ Its been updating multiple times an hour. I think they will eventually reveal everything within a couple of hours making waiting on the forums for pics of Preview Night to come in absolutely pointless.

Here is lifesize K-2SO:

preview_TBD_K2S0LifeSize_2.jpg

That K-2SO is pretty cool, but I would get an iconic classic character if I were to ever do a life size Star Wars statue.

I just don't see Sideshow ever putting in the effort to do a life size human statue. I mean they've made a life size bust of Superman so maybe they could do comic book characters? I just don't see any of the Star Wars people being made.

Here's a link to all the "new" stuff at comic con. Nothing really to see. Hot Toys are still saying the 1/4 Vader and Stormie are coming along with their cockpit and Rey's speeder. Hopefully there's actual new stuff on display!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/coming-soon/?affiliate=jmartino|&utm_source=jmartino&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2fwhats-new%2fcoming-soon%2f&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

IMG_1345-464x600.jpeg

EDIT: Whoops, apparently you were posting a link to the same page as me at the same time!

Ha! Great minds think alike! Or maybe just two minds that are just addicted to this stupid hobby LOL.

That K-2SO is pretty cool, but I would get an iconic classic character if I were to ever do a life size Star Wars statue.

I just don't see Sideshow ever putting in the effort to do a life size human statue. I mean they've made a life size bust of Superman so maybe they could do comic book characters? I just don't see any of the Star Wars people being made.

Yeah, as cool as K2 is, I wouldn't drop that much on a character that minor.

I don't think they'll do a 1:1 human character either, which sucks. A life size Han with Chewie would be so awesome!

Ha! Great minds think alike! Or maybe just two minds that are just addicted to this stupid hobby LOL.

Yeah, as cool as K2 is, I wouldn't drop that much on a character that minor.

I don't think they'll do a 1:1 human character either, which sucks. A life size Han with Chewie would be so awesome!

Yes we are both addicted to this dumb hobby, ha. I am like a kid on Christmas morning right now scanning all the forums hoping to see something awesome that I'm interested in. Pretty sad, ha.

That looks really good. God dammit. He's even got the jet pack back there. Ughhhh....

You might have to buy a Sideshow piece. Duh duh duh

True, they could make a gigantic one!

While I appreciate Jim Lee's art, it's hard to compare those two photos I posted. One of them legitimately looks like it should be in a museum! Or the Hall of Justice, ha!

Good gosh, that's a ton of riding! Did you go over any mountain passes or along the coast?

I don't think any of us need to worry about 4K until they release all the Star Wars movies on 4K, then it's on!

I can tell you who my contacts are. Cali604 on the Sideshow freaks board hooked me up with Kingpin. All the other XM pieces have came from Benjamin Toh YongQuan on Facebook. He's on my friends list if you want to message him. I just worry about telling you about these guys in case they decided to up and disappear like that one dude did after he had built up everyone's trust. I would feel responsible! But they've been reliable for the last 2 years now.

I have a feeling no more 1/4 HT Star Wars will see the light of day.

Did you see SS announced a life size K-2SO, that thing will be huge!

My Singapore contact (Ben) is saying there will be two exclusives at STGCC, one Marvel and one DC statue. He thinks the DC statue may be Green Lantern or Aquaman, if it's Green Lantern I may have to have it!

Damn! That will be huge! And overpriced and poorly made!

That's too bad. HT's sculpt would have blown away anything SS could to in 1/4 scale.

Thanks man. I will try that dude on FB and see if he can help me out.

That would be the kicker for me. Well, not just SW in 4k. Star Wars with an Arm is track would be sweet AF too!

Yeah, I should post more on my FB page because I have all that on my Instagram. You don't do IG?

Good God man. How many miles do you have that thing already? You've really gotten some great shots up there on your Instagram. Its like each day is even better than the last. I hope you're having a good time!

Are you going to get PS4 by the time Battlefront 2 comes out?

I'm starting to wonder if name brand even matters too. My Samsung has been bulletproof since I had it, but I remember my dad had a Samsung like 10 or more years ago that had to get repaired every other year or so.

SS doing something about an issue? Did you hit your head while riding out there? :p They probably don't even care if there is an issue, they're probably just handing out $20 store credits or something.

I'm finally realizing the only way I'm ever going to get half of the characters I want is by hoping HT gets to them eventually.

I'm starting to wonder just how great the Jim Lee line is going to turn out from Prime 1. He does great 2D work, its some of my favorite, but Alex Ross has a lot more depth and details in the characters faces IMO. I think the Alex Ross statues are going to turn out better.

I really don't know how I'd be able to delay getting 4K when SW hits. Unless they start with the Han Solo movie in 4K, then I'll probably still pass lol.

You XM people and your "contacts". Its like you guys are part of some espionage spy bullshit. "My contact had eyes on the statue, he said it will definitely be as STGCC." "Roger that. Over." :rofl:. Well, I hope they make a Green Lantern for you, and if its super expensive you can go bankrupt getting it while I look at your pics.:D I've already gone broke with the 1:2s, XM is still a company I need to avoid.

They are doing a life size K-2SO? This is one I feel will get cancelled long before it goes into production.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they do a Star Wars themed one like before. Honestly hoping for MAUL on it, lol!

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm having a blast! I wake up sore AF from 10 hour riding days, did 8 in a row, but once I get on the bike, all that disappears. MAUL just broke the 26k mark on Sunday.

That's too bad. HT's sculpt would have blown away anything SS could to in 1/4 scale.

That would be the kicker for me. Well, not just SW in 4k. Star Wars with an Arm is track would be sweet AF too!

Yeah, I should post more on my FB page because I have all that on my Instagram. You don't do IG?

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they do a Star Wars themed one like before. Honestly hoping for MAUL on it, lol!

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm having a blast! I wake up sore AF from 10 hour riding days, did 8 in a row, but once I get on the bike, all that disappears. MAUL just broke the 26k mark on Sunday.

No, I'm not on Instagram. I signed up for an account last year I think it was for Sideshow giveaways, but my account got hacked like a week later so I just deleted the entire thing. I don't take enough pictures to have an Instagram account.

Well Hot Toys are still showing their 1:4 Vader and Stormie, but it's getting tiring at this point. I'm pretty sure they have been showing them at every convention for like 2 years. By the time they go up for order, it was still be another year before they ship.

26K miles in how short of time?

Here's the Sideshow Legendary Batman if you haven't seen it yet.

IMG_9270.jpg

I am absolutely loving it! Almost as much as Batfleck :ohno:. Almost.

A Maul themed PS4 would be so badass!

Well all those awesome pics you are taking is totally worth it. :) Man, I wish I was there.

No, I'm not on Instagram. I signed up for an account last year I think it was for Sideshow giveaways, but my account got hacked like a week later so I just deleted the entire thing. I don't take enough pictures to have an Instagram account.

Well Hot Toys are still showing their 1:4 Vader and Stormie, but it's getting tiring at this point. I'm pretty sure they have been showing them at every convention for like 2 years. By the time they go up for order, it was still be another year before they ship.

26K miles in how short of time?

Why do they keep showing them if they don't put them up for order? That's really stupid, and the longer they wait for these, that means its even more time wasted when they could have made even more 1:4.

Hey look, Sideshow is making Arnold Thorinator.

20155633_10155106606154145_3922425727349888516_n.jpg

Must resist Sideshow...

MMnPsX3.jpg

LOL! Thor looks pretty cool.

Is that the MK III maquette? It looks gigantic in that pic.

I am absolutely loving it! Almost as much as Batfleck :ohno:. Almost.

A Maul themed PS4 would be so badass!

Well all those awesome pics you are taking is totally worth it. :) Man, I wish I was there.

Why do they keep showing them if they don't put them up for order? That's really stupid, and the longer they wait for these, that means its even more time wasted when they could have made even more 1:4.

LOL! Thor looks pretty cool.

Is that the MK III maquette? It looks gigantic in that pic.

I have no idea why they keep showing them, it's extremely frustrating!

Yes, that is the MK III maquette. It does looks quite good there, but we know about Sideshow's issues and my feelings about Captain Morgan poses.

Holy balls.

Does he have two sabers? I wonder if the other one is Dooku's.

It looks like he has two sabers and that sculpt is great! I never thought I'd be more excited about a PT figure as opposed to the others they've shown! Here are the other surprises so far:

1125x682_previewbanner_903138_HTLeiaEndor.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner__903108_HTLukeSkywalkerEndor.jpg

Where is poor Lando?

Last edited:
I have no idea why they keep showing them, it's extremely frustrating!

Yes, that is the MK III maquette. It does looks quite good there, but we know about Sideshow's issues and my feelings about Captain Morgan poses.

It looks like he has two sabers and that sculpt is great! I never thought I'd be more excited about a PT figure as opposed to the others they've shown! Here are the other surprises so far:

1125x682_previewbanner_903138_HTLeiaEndor.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner__903108_HTLukeSkywalkerEndor.jpg

Where is poor Lando?

Yeah, I still need to take pause before I order any SS stuff. I was geeking out hard for the Boba bust a couple of hours ago, but I forced myself to calm down and think more clearly.

I hope Anakin comes with a Sith eyes portrait or that will be a fail move by HT. Or if they make 2 different versions like SS did with their 1:6 Anakin will also be a fail. The headsculpt does look really good though.

I'm surprised they went with Endor Luke so soon after revealing their Jedi Luke. Underneath the poncho should be the same outfit.

That's really lame if they don't make Lando.

Yeah, I still need to take pause before I order any SS stuff. I was geeking out hard for the Boba bust a couple of hours ago, but I forced myself to calm down and think more clearly.

I hope Anakin comes with a Sith eyes portrait or that will be a fail move by HT. Or if they make 2 different versions like SS did with their 1:6 Anakin will also be a fail. The headsculpt does look really good though.

I'm surprised they went with Endor Luke so soon after revealing their Jedi Luke. Underneath the poncho should be the same outfit.

That's really lame if they don't make Lando.

That Boba bust does look really cool. I don't like the stormtrooper bust though. It looks awkward for some reason. I will begrudgingly admit the legendary Batman looks cool too. If only there was a Superman...

The Endor Luke is a little weak. They could have just included the poncho and helmet with Jedi Luke, but there's no money in that! I got to be honest, all of these figures are starting to excite me like back when I collected PotF figures. Now I need ewoks, a scout trooper, Bespin Luke, Lando, Skiff Lando, Boushh Leia, and PT characters! They are making a RotJ Vader and stormtroopers as well, so you could hop right in. ;) I hope Anakin comes with a switch out head as well. We shall see.

Here's a picture of Tarkin:

attachment.php

Last edited:
That Boba bust does look really cool. I don't like the stormtrooper bust though. It looks awkward for some reason. I will begrudgingly admit the legendary Batman looks cool too. If only there was a Superman...

The Endor Luke is a little weak. They could have just included the poncho and helmet with Jedi Luke, but there's no money in that! I got to be honest, all of these figures are starting to excite me like back when I collected PotF figures. Now I need ewoks, a scout trooper, Bespin Luke, Lando, Skiff Lando, Boushh Leia, and PT characters! They are making a RotJ Vader and stormtroopers as well, so you could hop right in. ;) I hope Anakin comes with a switch out head as well. We shall see.

I don't like the Stormtrooper bust either. Batman really looks great, I don't think it will sell well though. Most that were in the market for a 1:2 Batman probably already bought P1s, and probably won't have the space or funds for a second. I hope they make Supes for you though!

I'm about as excited for all of these HT releses as I was for PotF stuff. But there is a huge difference between $5 for a figure and $230+ for a figure. If I jump in I'll still be cherry picking unfortunately. As great as these are I'm still not 100% on taking the plunge yet, they are still too far away from being released.

So far the Boba bust is my favorite thing, followed by HT Anakin, follwed by Batman LSF.

Edit: Tarkin looks phenomenal!