STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't plan on stopping. Squatting usually makes my back feel better. I'm not sure if it loosens up my tight muscles or what.

I've tried those yoga videos. I'm honestly too unmotivated to do those at home! And I'm way too tired to get up and do them in the morning.

That Facebook link doesn't work for me either...

Yes, XM is also doing 1:6 DC statues. I'm just not sure their style will match up with Tweeterhead's more classic style. I guess we'll see what they have planned. Would you consider selling your 1:2 Prime 1 pieces if you could fit the XM Maul on that table?

I'm not really feeling XM's Optimus Prime for some reason. Imaginarium captures the old 80s animation style the best and you can actually buy those in the U.S.

Chirrut has been released and sold out already. They released the Rogue One figures in much smaller numbers than their TFA figures (which are still available for sale with TLJ around the corner). I'm still holding out hope for Baze and then maybe Cassian or Krennic showing up down the line. I mean it took forever for Drax to finally be made. Hot Toys has three figures about to ship, which one should I get with my $20 code? Death Star Gunner, TFA Luke, or R2-D2? I'm leaning towards the first one at the moment. I'm sure we'll get a new TLJ Luke revealed on Force Friday next month.

With all of these companies and all of these scales its hard to keep track of who's doing what lol. I'm hoping XM's DC line would be at least somewhat classic looking. They aren't planning New 52 are they? Is there someway to completely banish those designs from existence? :LOL:. No I'm definitely not going to let both of them go for one piece. If Maul ends up being a must own I'll either pick up another table, or pedestal or something and figure out where to put it later. Although I might already be doing that for the WW on the horse :ohno:.

Imaginarium is a company I'm definitely not familiar with. What licenses do they have?

There's no Cassian either? They better hurry up with this stuff or other spinoff movies will already be out and the interest for these characters won't be as high. At times I think HT is as bad as SS with their releases. I think they are better at putting something up when a movie is new and super popular, but then they just leave collectors hanging and not able to complete their line for too long. You're going deep enough into SW HTs to consider the Death Star Gunner? Man these things are way too expensive for me to consider spending almost $200 on a character that minor :p. I'd say go with R2 since you'll eventually need him for sure. I would have thought Luke would have been your first choice, but you're right they will probably reveal the brand new Luke in the Pirate costume figure next month lol.

With all of these companies and all of these scales its hard to keep track of who's doing what lol. I'm hoping XM's DC line would be at least somewhat classic looking. They aren't planning New 52 are they? Is there someway to completely banish those designs from existence? :LOL:. No I'm definitely not going to let both of them go for one piece. If Maul ends up being a must own I'll either pick up another table, or pedestal or something and figure out where to put it later. Although I might already be doing that for the WW on the horse :ohno:.

Imaginarium is a company I'm definitely not familiar with. What licenses do they have?

There's no Cassian either? They better hurry up with this stuff or other spinoff movies will already be out and the interest for these characters won't be as high. At times I think HT is as bad as SS with their releases. I think they are better at putting something up when a movie is new and super popular, but then they just leave collectors hanging and not able to complete their line for too long. You're going deep enough into SW HTs to consider the Death Star Gunner? Man these things are way too expensive for me to consider spending almost $200 on a character that minor :p. I'd say go with R2 since you'll eventually need him for sure. I would have thought Luke would have been your first choice, but you're right they will probably reveal the brand new Luke in the Pirate costume figure next month lol.

Oh gosh, I don't think the XM statues are new 52. That's why Sideshow wouldn't allow them to have the 1:4 license. I wonder how much business Sideshow has lost because of XM's Marvel line. I mean it must be hard to compete with a company that actually listens to their fans and makes characters they've been wanting forever. Although the way Thanos sold, Sideshow still has their hardcore fans. I've noticed if I rip on Sideshow outside of this thread that there are always people defending them.

So the Wonder Woman is a thought huh?

There's no Cassian or Krennic unfortunately. I love all the OT designs, I don't know if I can resist any of them! Luke would have been my top choice, but he appeared for 10 seconds in TFA and it he'll already have a new outfit in the next movie so I'm kind of hoping this TFA one will be cheaper down the road.

I don't know anything about Imaginarium either. They had two Marvel teases I was interested in, but they were both apparently nixed. I think they are just doing Transformers. Here's the only two available at the moment:

90e3f871-09eb-4338-954d-d0f867cb546c.jpg

24368cee-7bda-4a3c-ac19-6432338c600e.jpg

They have a weird obsession with making their statues point. Although they do come with switch out arms. I really like this Hot Rod, The Transformers Movie is still awesome!

1487100712-imaginarium-rodimus-prime.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
Oh gosh, I don't think the XM statues are new 52. That's why Sideshow wouldn't allow them to have the 1:4 license. I wonder how much business Sideshow has lost because of XM's Marvel line. I mean it must be hard to compete with a company that actually listens to their fans and makes characters they've been wanting forever. Although the way Thanos sold, Sideshow still has their hardcore fans. I've noticed if I rip on Sideshow outside of this thread that there are always people defending them.

So the Wonder Woman is a thought huh?

There's no Cassian or Krennic unfortunately. I love all the OT designs, I don't know if I can resist any of them! Luke would have been my top choice, but he appeared for 10 seconds in TFA and it he'll already have a new outfit in the next movie so I'm kind of hoping this TFA one will be cheaper down the road.

I don't know anything about Imaginarium either. They had two Marvel teases I was interested in, but they were both apparently nixed. I think they are just doing Transformers. Here's the only two available at the moment:

90e3f871-09eb-4338-954d-d0f867cb546c.jpg

24368cee-7bda-4a3c-ac19-6432338c600e.jpg

They have a weird obsession with making their statues point. Although they do come with switch out arms. I really like this Hot Rod, The Transformers Movie is still awesome!

1487100712-imaginarium-rodimus-prime.jpg

I would think and hope that XM would be able to do whatever version they would like since they are 1:6. I wonder how much business SS has lost too. I'd bet between 50% to 80% of XM sales stay in the Asian market, and probably the rest of them end up being flipped to be sold to other markets that don't have distribution rights. I'd like to think there are a lot of people that would prefer to get an XM piece over Sideshow, but I don't know how many US collectors and collectors from other regions are willing to pay the markup on the price to get them. Looking at ebay sales and on the forums there definitely are people that are willing to, but I'd love to know the actual number that do. I see people still defending SS all the time, I wonder if these people have ever gotten a piece from another company, or if they've been collecting SS for so long that they aren't even willing to try anyone else.

Its a thought, but its not a big one yet. Its definitely not a plan.

I love all the OT designs too! But I'd have to cherry pick at $200 a crack. I think the only way the Death Star Gunner would show up for me would be in Hasbro form lol.

This is embarrassing, but I've never seen the old Tranformers movie :bag:. I was never into the old show, I don't know if it was before me or what. I did watch the computer animated Beast Wars TV show and I really loved that one. But other than the new Michael Bay movies, I don't have any connection to the original characters.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
I would think and hope that XM would be able to do whatever version they would like since they are 1:6. I wonder how much business SS has lost too. I'd bet between 50% to 80% of XM sales stay in the Asian market, and probably the rest of them end up being flipped to be sold to other markets that don't have distribution rights. I'd like to think there are a lot of people that would prefer to get an XM piece over Sideshow, but I don't know how many US collectors and collectors from other regions are willing to pay the markup on the price to get them. Looking at ebay sales and on the forums there definitely are people that are willing to, but I'd love to know the actual number that do. I see people still defending SS all the time, I wonder if these people have ever gotten a piece from another company, or if they've been collecting SS for so long that they aren't even willing to try anyone else.

Its a thought, but its not a big one yet. Its definitely not a plan.

I love all the OT designs too! But I'd have to cherry pick at $200 a crack. I think the only way the Death Star Gunner would show up for me would be in Hasbro form lol.

This is embarrassing, but I've never seen the old Tranformers movie :bag:. I was never into the old show, I don't know if it was before me or what. I did watch the computer animated Beast Wars TV show and I really loved that one. But other than the new Michael Bay movies, I don't have any connection to the original characters.

The new Michael Bay movies???!! Ugh, I'm not sure I can talk to you anymore. :p So the original Transformers Movie came out when I was 5 and I still remember being completely traumatized by Optimus Prime dying. It was crazy, they killed off a ton of main characters so they could bring in new ones and make more toys. I have the complete original animated series and the movie on dvd! The original was the best!

I do see quite a few collectors who don't like XM and I think it's because they don't want to pay the extra money (even though Sideshow is going to be just as much soon). Although some of them genuinely think Sideshow is a better company which is baffling to me. Of course there are people who don't like the exclusivity of having a contact either. ;) Someone is selling their XM Kraven for $550 on Facebook...I kind of want it, but I still have to get some stuff done on my car first. Sigh.

Cherry pick? No, you just get them ALL! Muahahahaha

• Thanks
The new Michael Bay movies???!! Ugh, I'm not sure I can talk to you anymore. :p So the original Transformers Movie came out when I was 5 and I still remember being completely traumatized by Optimus Prime dying. It was crazy, they killed off a ton of main characters so they could bring in new ones and make more toys. I have the complete original animated series and the movie on dvd! The original was the best!

I do see quite a few collectors who don't like XM and I think it's because they don't want to pay the extra money (even though Sideshow is going to be just as much soon). Although some of them genuinely think Sideshow is a better company which is baffling to me. Of course there are people who don't like the exclusivity of having a contact either. ;) Someone is selling their XM Kraven for $550 on Facebook...I kind of want it, but I still have to get some stuff done on my car first. Sigh.

Cherry pick? No, you just get them ALL! Muahahahaha

Ha! You already know I'm not crazy about the MB Transformers movies. After the second one I swore I wouldn't watch anymore of them and I haven't lol. I want 90's Michael Bay back! Wait, so Optimus dies in the original movie? Way to not use spoiler warnings when talking about a 30 year old movie! :rofl: I don't know if I'll ever get into the old TF stuff, I never watched it when I was younger so I have no nostalgic feeling towards it, and I don't know if I want to get into an old kids tv show as an adult.

We know the secondary market is bursting hard right now, how can SS sustain another big price increase? You and your ridiculous contact :rofl::p. I guess its cool to have one but honestly to me XM pieces just seem like such a pain in the ass to get. I just wouldn't trust a contact, and even eBay seems risky. The crazy markup sucks too, how much are these things before the markup? The pieces are sure better than Sideshow, I don't even think its comparable, but the good things I can say about SS is the stuff is easy to get and they offer flex pay. But I'd love to see what else people are trying to say about SS being better. I can't think of anything else. That Kraven seems reasonable. Is the secondary XM market bursting too?

LOL. Or, YOU just get them all and I'll sit back and enjoy your pictures and all the money saved in my wallet ;). I'd even have a hard time talking myself into dropping 200 bucks on a 1:6 Yoda. And if I can't even do that there is no way I'd get a Death Star Gunner.

• Thanks
Ha! You already know I'm not crazy about the MB Transformers movies. After the second one I swore I wouldn't watch anymore of them and I haven't lol. I want 90's Michael Bay back! Wait, so Optimus dies in the original movie? Way to not use spoiler warnings when talking about a 30 year old movie! :rofl: I don't know if I'll ever get into the old TF stuff, I never watched it when I was younger so I have no nostalgic feeling towards it, and I don't know if I want to get into an old kids tv show as an adult.

We know the secondary market is bursting hard right now, how can SS sustain another big price increase? You and your ridiculous contact :rofl::p. I guess its cool to have one but honestly to me XM pieces just seem like such a pain in the ass to get. I just wouldn't trust a contact, and even eBay seems risky. The crazy markup sucks too, how much are these things before the markup? The pieces are sure better than Sideshow, I don't even think its comparable, but the good things I can say about SS is the stuff is easy to get and they offer flex pay. But I'd love to see what else people are trying to say about SS being better. I can't think of anything else. That Kraven seems reasonable. Is the secondary XM market bursting too?

LOL. Or, YOU just get them all and I'll sit back and enjoy your pictures and all the money saved in my wallet ;). I'd even have a hard time talking myself into dropping 200 bucks on a 1:6 Yoda. And if I can't even do that there is no way I'd get a Death Star Gunner.

You're a smart man then! I said the same thing after the second one, but ended up seeing the third one because my roommate had rented it. I honestly can't even differentiate between them, they all blend into each other. We re-watched the first one recently because my nephew wanted to see it and it was much worse than I remember. Sorry about the spoiler! Ha ha. I don't think you'd be able to watch the old series, I grew up with it and I can barely rewatch it. :p

XM statues are around $700-800 retail...so Sideshow still has a couple hundred dollars of price hikes to go. Although their Deadpool and Thanos are there (and over) already. The XM secondary market is definitely going down. Even statues like Cable and Venom that people were demanding lots of money for aren't selling that well anymore. There's too much stuff out there for sellers to want premium prices in the after market. I think anymore people just say they'll wait for the next version of the character if they missed the first. Plus prices are insane. How long before Tweeterhead is charging $400 for a 1/6 statue? Or Hot Toys figures are $300!

Okay, deal! I will get all the Hot Toys figures I can for you to enjoy, ha.

• Thanks
You're a smart man then! I said the same thing after the second one, but ended up seeing the third one because my roommate had rented it. I honestly can't even differentiate between them, they all blend into each other. We re-watched the first one recently because my nephew wanted to see it and it was much worse than I remember. Sorry about the spoiler! Ha ha. I don't think you'd be able to watch the old series, I grew up with it and I can barely rewatch it. :p

XM statues are around $700-800 retail...so Sideshow still has a couple hundred dollars of price hikes to go. Although their Deadpool and Thanos are there (and over) already. The XM secondary market is definitely going down. Even statues like Cable and Venom that people were demanding lots of money for aren't selling that well anymore. There's too much stuff out there for sellers to want premium prices in the after market. I think anymore people just say they'll wait for the next version of the character if they missed the first. Plus prices are insane. How long before Tweeterhead is charging $400 for a 1/6 statue? Or Hot Toys figures are $300!

Okay, deal! I will get all the Hot Toys figures I can for you to enjoy, ha.

I'm so happy I managed to stick to my no new TF movie rule. I was slightly tempted by the one that had the big T-Rex in it, but I even passed on that one. Sometimes when I try to rewatch an old show from my childhood I cringe so hard because its so bad and I can't even believe I used to think it was so awesome.

I guess comparing prices XMs MSRP is "reasonable" considering what you are getting. Luckily my friends are there to bring me back down to reality and help me realize how dumb I am for buying all this stuff and help me realize how stupidly overpriced this whole hobby is. I think if I was honest to myself I feel that every single item out there from all companies is only worth 40% of its original MSRP to me. This stupid addiction to this hobby is what gets me to overlook that quickly though. Tweeterhead will hit $400 pretty quickly but there was at least a good time 2 years ago where they were around $250, they made some great pieces then too. Is there any rumor on what the 1:6 XM line's pricing will be yet?

Ha! Excellent! Money saved for me! :p Have you decided on which one of the three SW HTs that you were looking at?

• Thanks
I'm so happy I managed to stick to my no new TF movie rule. I was slightly tempted by the one that had the big T-Rex in it, but I even passed on that one. Sometimes when I try to rewatch an old show from my childhood I cringe so hard because its so bad and I can't even believe I used to think it was so awesome.

I guess comparing prices XMs MSRP is "reasonable" considering what you are getting. Luckily my friends are there to bring me back down to reality and help me realize how dumb I am for buying all this stuff and help me realize how stupidly overpriced this whole hobby is. I think if I was honest to myself I feel that every single item out there from all companies is only worth 40% of its original MSRP to me. This stupid addiction to this hobby is what gets me to overlook that quickly though. Tweeterhead will hit $400 pretty quickly but there was at least a good time 2 years ago where they were around $250, they made some great pieces then too. Is there any rumor on what the 1:6 XM line's pricing will be yet?

Ha! Excellent! Money saved for me! :p Have you decided on which one of the three SW HTs that you were looking at?

Yeah I feel the same way about childhood cartoons. I'm just not a big cartoon watcher outside of Futurama and South Park. I've tried to start The Clone Wars a few times and haven't gotten too far into it. Of course I do love animated movies so maybe I'm just weird.

Well Tweeterhead's Supergirl is still at $250 so they haven't gotten too crazy. Harley is $300, I'm guessing because of popularity and a bigger base? Joker will probably be the same. I don't like that they're pulling a Sideshow move with their open ES on the Harley EX at the moment. There's a lot of discussion about that in the other forum. I'm going to guess that XM's 1:6 will be $350. I think that's what all the Marvel ones are.

Don't listen to your friends! I'm willing to bet that they have a hobby they spend tons of money on that you think is stupid. Everyone has something. People around here have guns and hunting/fishing equipment that I think is a waste of money. Then there's my old roommate who would get $500+ monthly bills from his golf course club for membership dues and spending tons of money at the bar. He would make fun of me for buying statues and I'd just point to his bill and say at least I have something to show for it.

I haven't decided! I still have 11 days until that code expires.

• Thanks
Are you sure you don't want to get that Tweeterhead Joker and Harley Quinn? Here are some comments from the Q&A section straight from the manager at Tweeterhead:

We’re already at work on Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Catwoman in her Purple Dress and Green Cape (my personal favorite)

Adam Strange is definitely on the SHORT list…right now, we are focusing on three “lines”. Justice League, Teen Titans and Legion Of Superheroes. I’m dying to make Silver Banshee, DeSaad, Samurai, Big Barda and Mr. Miracle and SOOO many others!! Also, this is just off the top of my head…but we had been tossing around the idea of a collect and connect “Maquette” like the action figure lines have been doing. A way to get a larger character that might not be incredibly popular…like Giganta maybe!! A really big Giganta.

For me personally, I have memories of walking into a shoe store (as a kid, no one wanted to go buy new shoes) in my home town and I guess they had started carrying action figures because I turned the corner and the Super Powers Collection Wave three was all on the pegs. Firestorm, Cyborg etc. For me this era is really what I think are the perfect versions of these characters...most of them….When we get around to Mr. Freeze we’ll have to figure out what version to do. When I pitched this line, I basically said “I want to take one part Alex Ross (Brilliant game changer of an artist), one part Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Joker and Robot Brainiac Maquettes), one part Sideshow Collectibles (All Around A+ collectibles and super star team), one part Randy Bowen (amazing sculptor and company) and all of the SPC toys (best toy line ever imo), put them in a pot and see what comes out

He has some grand plans for this line, I hope it pans out!

• Helpful Post
Yeah I feel the same way about childhood cartoons. I'm just not a big cartoon watcher outside of Futurama and South Park. I've tried to start The Clone Wars a few times and haven't gotten too far into it. Of course I do love animated movies so maybe I'm just weird.

Well Tweeterhead's Supergirl is still at $250 so they haven't gotten too crazy. Harley is $300, I'm guessing because of popularity and a bigger base? Joker will probably be the same. I don't like that they're pulling a Sideshow move with their open ES on the Harley EX at the moment. There's a lot of discussion about that in the other forum. I'm going to guess that XM's 1:6 will be $350. I think that's what all the Marvel ones are.

Don't listen to your friends! I'm willing to bet that they have a hobby they spend tons of money on that you think is stupid. Everyone has something. People around here have guns and hunting/fishing equipment that I think is a waste of money. Then there's my old roommate who would get $500+ monthly bills from his golf course club for membership dues and spending tons of money at the bar. He would make fun of me for buying statues and I'd just point to his bill and say at least I have something to show for it.

I haven't decided! I still have 11 days until that code expires.

I think at least some animated movies are made for everyone to enjoy, I think kids TV shows really focus on kids only, and they can be quite cringe inducing for adults.

I'm betting its Harley's popularity more than anything that's making her $300. Their quality is really good though and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them if 1:6 was a line I wanted to collect. Do you think XM's 1:6 stuff will have as many swap out parts as their some of their 1:4s? $350 would be digestible, but when I got into PFs the expensive ones were only $400. I still can't accept that scale has doubled in price in only a few years.

Some of my friends are super stingy, and I've got one that literally won't buy ANYTHING. And he's been like this for decades, but the older he gets the worse he is. For years I've been trying to talk him into buying even a cheap home theater in a box for himself and he won't do it. I guess the only things most of my friends collect are movies. Sometimes they might go out for a meal, and maybe they'll go to a movie but that's about it. They are in their 30's but act like they are in their freaking 90's! And I thought I acted like an old fart for my age. I'm still happy I buy this stuff, but as someone who never bought anything more than a $20 basic figure before any of this, sometime I can't believe I've talked myself into this hobby.

I have a feeling you will be able to get that Death Star Gunner for a huge discount down the road, I just don't see him as a super in-demand character. Did you get Yoda yet? That's one that while I think is ridiculously priced, it is pretty much a necessary character, and being the OT version it will probably skyrocket once it sells out.

Are you sure you don't want to get that Tweeterhead Joker and Harley Quinn? Here are some comments from the Q&A section straight from the manager at Tweeterhead:

We’re already at work on Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Catwoman in her Purple Dress and Green Cape (my personal favorite)

Adam Strange is definitely on the SHORT list…right now, we are focusing on three “lines”. Justice League, Teen Titans and Legion Of Superheroes. I’m dying to make Silver Banshee, DeSaad, Samurai, Big Barda and Mr. Miracle and SOOO many others!! Also, this is just off the top of my head…but we had been tossing around the idea of a collect and connect “Maquette” like the action figure lines have been doing. A way to get a larger character that might not be incredibly popular…like Giganta maybe!! A really big Giganta.

For me personally, I have memories of walking into a shoe store (as a kid, no one wanted to go buy new shoes) in my home town and I guess they had started carrying action figures because I turned the corner and the Super Powers Collection Wave three was all on the pegs. Firestorm, Cyborg etc. For me this era is really what I think are the perfect versions of these characters...most of them….When we get around to Mr. Freeze we’ll have to figure out what version to do. When I pitched this line, I basically said “I want to take one part Alex Ross (Brilliant game changer of an artist), one part Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Joker and Robot Brainiac Maquettes), one part Sideshow Collectibles (All Around A+ collectibles and super star team), one part Randy Bowen (amazing sculptor and company) and all of the SPC toys (best toy line ever imo), put them in a pot and see what comes out

He has some grand plans for this line, I hope it pans out!

I do want them! And badly! But I can't buy every scale out there or I won't have money or funds for my new favorite 1:3 scale stuff.

Tweeterhead is a company that really likes to make sure they complete all characters from all of their lines. Have you seen their Munsters line and their Batman '66 line? They are really beautiful statues and they are making everybody! For customers that got in contact with Tweeterhead when the '66 line started they said they would make sure the customer got the same edition number for every character in the line! I don't know a single company that would go out of its way to do that!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I don't think so. I haven't seen any pics anywhere and I think if people were getting Boba in hand they'd be pretty excited and posting pics. But I don't even know where to go for XM release dates, hopefully Adam does.

I don't mind that the releases are slow, just concerned if they are ever going to ship anything. Wonder what the hold up is?

I don't mind that the releases are slow, just concerned if they are ever going to ship anything. Wonder what the hold up is?

I'm a bit concerned that after all of this time the only SW piece they've put up for order on their website is Boba. I guess its good they are taking their time to make sure everything is perfect, but they are able to crank out their Marvel pieces non-stop. I really can't wait to see some in-hand pics of Boba and some unboxing videos.

I think at least some animated movies are made for everyone to enjoy, I think kids TV shows really focus on kids only, and they can be quite cringe inducing for adults.

I'm betting its Harley's popularity more than anything that's making her $300. Their quality is really good though and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them if 1:6 was a line I wanted to collect. Do you think XM's 1:6 stuff will have as many swap out parts as their some of their 1:4s? $350 would be digestible, but when I got into PFs the expensive ones were only $400. I still can't accept that scale has doubled in price in only a few years.

Some of my friends are super stingy, and I've got one that literally won't buy ANYTHING. And he's been like this for decades, but the older he gets the worse he is. For years I've been trying to talk him into buying even a cheap home theater in a box for himself and he won't do it. I guess the only things most of my friends collect are movies. Sometimes they might go out for a meal, and maybe they'll go to a movie but that's about it. They are in their 30's but act like they are in their freaking 90's! And I thought I acted like an old fart for my age. I'm still happy I buy this stuff, but as someone who never bought anything more than a $20 basic figure before any of this, sometime I can't believe I've talked myself into this hobby.

I have a feeling you will be able to get that Death Star Gunner for a huge discount down the road, I just don't see him as a super in-demand character. Did you get Yoda yet? That's one that while I think is ridiculously priced, it is pretty much a necessary character, and being the OT version it will probably skyrocket once it sells out.

I do want them! And badly! But I can't buy every scale out there or I won't have money or funds for my new favorite 1:3 scale stuff.

Tweeterhead is a company that really likes to make sure they complete all characters from all of their lines. Have you seen their Munsters line and their Batman '66 line? They are really beautiful statues and they are making everybody! For customers that got in contact with Tweeterhead when the '66 line started they said they would make sure the customer got the same edition number for every character in the line! I don't know a single company that would go out of its way to do that!

I have no clue what XM's plan is with the 1:6 as far as swap out parts go. I'm sure at the pace they are going with this license it will be another year before a single statue goes up for sale. Tweeterhead seems to be planning to pump their line out and I'm sure they are less so I'm on board with them at the moment. Although caped Catwoman isn't my thing, she needs to be in a skin tight outfit, ha ha. They just announced the last day to order the Harley EX is August 15th...if you change your mind. ;)

Ha, your friends are cheap! They don't have any hobbies like traveling or cars or anything? My best friend since I was a kid collects movies and PEZ dispensers (he's been collecting them since high school so it's quite impressive). He also has a bunch of sports memorabilia. I guess my other friends don't really collect anything, but they have hobbies like golf that costs money.

I did buy Yoda. I displayed him with the closed eyes. I don't think I'm going to buy the HT R2. I can buy the SS version for less than $150 and I don't think the HT version is worth $70 more. It's just a droid, hard to really improve on him. I will wait for the HT 3PO though. I'm also not digging the TFA Luke sculpt so Death Star Gunner is in the lead right now, ha ha.

I did see someone with a Tweeterhead Batman display and it was really cool. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like Batman! Let me see if I can find the picture.

36206274292_b2cc158d60_c.jpg

Has the XM Boba even shipped yet? The close up pic of Luke has me thinking of fully going with XM.

No, I haven't seen anyone get it yet. I'd really like to see them get going with the Star Wars line. Here is someone's XM Marvel collection. I think they do a good job with poses for each character.

35538687214_28d2ed8855_c.jpg

36206273882_06c9f9f47f_c.jpg

I have no clue what XM's plan is with the 1:6 as far as swap out parts go. I'm sure at the pace they are going with this license it will be another year before a single statue goes up for sale. Tweeterhead seems to be planning to pump their line out and I'm sure they are less so I'm on board with them at the moment. Although caped Catwoman isn't my thing, she needs to be in a skin tight outfit, ha ha. They just announced the last day to order the Harley EX is August 15th...if you change your mind. ;)

Ha, your friends are cheap! They don't have any hobbies like traveling or cars or anything? My best friend since I was a kid collects movies and PEZ dispensers (he's been collecting them since high school so it's quite impressive). He also has a bunch of sports memorabilia. I guess my other friends don't really collect anything, but they have hobbies like golf that costs money.

I did buy Yoda. I displayed him with the closed eyes. I don't think I'm going to buy the HT R2. I can buy the SS version for less than $150 and I don't think the HT version is worth $70 more. It's just a droid, hard to really improve on him. I will wait for the HT 3PO though. I'm also not digging the TFA Luke sculpt so Death Star Gunner is in the lead right now, ha ha.

I did see someone with a Tweeterhead Batman display and it was really cool. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like Batman! Let me see if I can find the picture.

36206274292_b2cc158d60_c.jpg

No, I haven't seen anyone get it yet. I'd really like to see them get going with the Star Wars line. Here is someone's XM Marvel collection. I think they do a good job with poses for each character.

35538687214_28d2ed8855_c.jpg

36206273882_06c9f9f47f_c.jpg

I don't know how Tweeterhead is going to have time for all of this new stuff unless its taking top priority. They still haven't finished their Batman '66 line, and I completely forgot all about their classic Batman line. Catwoman in the purple/green outfit with the cape is something I'd literally never buy. I hate that outfit. I don't quite understand how an outfit like that is supposed to work in the same line as their Harley Quinn. I just hope this line doesn't end up really disjointed looking. I don't think any of this line will be happening for me, I love what I've seen already, but 1:6 is just too small and will look cluttered with my other plans. Plus I've got to keep putting money away for more P1 stuff.

That same buddy of mine used to be into supped up Civics and stuff, but then once he got out of the military in his early 20s he turned into this super uptight penny pincher. All my friends are into the same kinds of movies and comic characters that I'm into but they don't collect anything at all, except movies I guess. That PEZ dispenser collection sounds awesome!

Good call on R2. I can't believe you've already gotten to a point in SW collecting where the Death Star Gunner is in the lead :LOL:. Do we need to make a bet on how long it takes before you decide to sell that one? ;)

That TH display looks great! He's collecting both Classic and '66 pieces I see.

How much do you think that XM collection cost, like 50 grand? I'm really liking that Sub-Mariner!

Last edited:
I don't know how Tweeterhead is going to have time for all of this new stuff unless its taking top priority. They still haven't finished their Batman '66 line, and I completely forgot all about their classic Batman line. Catwoman in the purple/green outfit with the cape is something I'd literally never buy. I hate that outfit. I don't quite understand how an outfit like that is supposed to work in the same line as their Harley Quinn. I just hope this line doesn't end up really disjointed looking. I don't think any of this line will be happening for me, I love what I've seen already, but 1:6 is just too small and will look cluttered with my other plans. Plus I've got to keep putting money away for more P1 stuff.

That same buddy of mine used to be into supped up Civics and stuff, but then once he got out of the military in his early 20s he turned into this super uptight penny pincher. All my friends are into the same kinds of movies and comic characters that I'm into but they don't collect anything at all, except movies I guess. That PEZ dispenser collection sounds awesome!

Good call on R2. I can't believe you've already gotten to a point in SW collecting where the Death Star Gunner is in the lead :LOL:. Do we need to make a bet on how long it takes before you decide to sell that one? ;)

That TH display looks great! He's collecting both Classic and '66 pieces I see.

How much do you think that XM collection cost, like 50 grand? I'm really liking that Sub-Mariner!

I'm kind of wondering how they'll have time for everything too. They are announcing a lot of statues for the Super Powers line already and they haven't even shipped one yet (they teased Steppenwolf today). I think they are going more with classic looks, but Harley doesn't really have a "classic" look since she was created in the 90s. You could have the entire Justice League in 1/6 scale for the cost of your 1:2 statues...just saying. :p

What are your friends saving their money for? I see too many people die in their 50s and 60s to really care about saving money. Life is short.

Ha, I like my troopers, what can I say? I still haven't decided if I'm going to get that one quite yet. I need to figure out how to display all this 1:6 stuff!

Well if that guy lives in Singapore and got all those at retail pricing then I'm guessing it cost around $20K, but if he lives in the states then your guess may be close! That Namor is awesome, it really made me disappointed in the Sideshow Aquaman though.

I'm kind of wondering how they'll have time for everything too. They are announcing a lot of statues for the Super Powers line already and they haven't even shipped one yet (they teased Steppenwolf today). I think they are going more with classic looks, but Harley doesn't really have a "classic" look since she was created in the 90s. You could have the entire Justice League in 1/6 scale for the cost of your 1:2 statues...just saying. :p

What are your friends saving their money for? I see too many people die in their 50s and 60s to really care about saving money. Life is short.

Ha, I like my troopers, what can I say? I still haven't decided if I'm going to get that one quite yet. I need to figure out how to display all this 1:6 stuff!

Well if that guy lives in Singapore and got all those at retail pricing then I'm guessing it cost around $20K, but if he lives in the states then your guess may be close! That Namor is awesome, it really made me disappointed in the Sideshow Aquaman though.

Ha! I'm definitely not going to let those go for 1/6 stuff, but I might let them go for a life size WW or Amy Adams Lois :p. They teased Steppenwolf already? This company is getting out of hand. They are starting to remind me or Prime 1 much quicker than I would have anticipated lol. That's exactly what I was thinking with their Harley, she was created so long after the Super Power figures came out so how can she fit in that line? Are we sure her and that Joker are part of this line?

I have no idea, quite a few of my friends are married, and I'm sure their wives are spending all of their money for them and they aren't telling me about it lol. My family was really close with the next door neighbor, who was an extremely cheap guy too, and I can remember for years how whenever my dad would talk about talking to him he would always try to talk him into buying a HDTV and a home theater setup and he never would. That guy died a few years ago and he literally had nothing exciting going on for himself there in the end, and the last I heard his nephews got all of his money he never spent and are out having the time of their lives with his money. I'd hate to get old and be poor, but at the same time life is so short I'd hate to pinch every penny I had and then get no enjoyment out of life.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to have room for a 1:6 figure collection lol.

I wonder how much Sideshow would have charged for Aquaman if they would have made it as awesome as Namor. It would probably come riddled with QC issues anyways. There would probably be pages of people whining that the feet don't fit properly into the base, and then others with googly eyes chipping paint lol. Have you seen any XM pieces out there with any QC problems?

Ha! I'm definitely not going to let those go for 1/6 stuff, but I might let them go for a life size WW or Amy Adams Lois :p. They teased Steppenwolf already? This company is getting out of hand. They are starting to remind me or Prime 1 much quicker than I would have anticipated lol. That's exactly what I was thinking with their Harley, she was created so long after the Super Power figures came out so how can she fit in that line? Are we sure her and that Joker are part of this line?

I have no idea, quite a few of my friends are married, and I'm sure their wives are spending all of their money for them and they aren't telling me about it lol. My family was really close with the next door neighbor, who was an extremely cheap guy too, and I can remember for years how whenever my dad would talk about talking to him he would always try to talk him into buying a HDTV and a home theater setup and he never would. That guy died a few years ago and he literally had nothing exciting going on for himself there in the end, and the last I heard his nephews got all of his money he never spent and are out having the time of their lives with his money. I'd hate to get old and be poor, but at the same time life is so short I'd hate to pinch every penny I had and then get no enjoyment out of life.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to have room for a 1:6 figure collection lol.

I wonder how much Sideshow would have charged for Aquaman if they would have made it as awesome as Namor. It would probably come riddled with QC issues anyways. There would probably be pages of people whining that the feet don't fit properly into the base, and then others with googly eyes chipping paint lol. Have you seen any XM pieces out there with any QC problems?

I'm definitely sure, Harley is #1 in the line! Joker and the hyenas will be #5 & #6. They are getting a little over ambitious with the teases so I'm trying not to get too excited. Although I made a list of all the DC characters I would buy and Steppenwolf isn't on it anyway. I'm hoping between XM and Tweeterhead that I can get every character I want!

I have never seen a widespread issue with a XM piece like you do with Sideshow statues. Every once in a while someone will get something broken or with bad paint, but it's always followed by "XM has already sent a replacement." Sideshow would have labeled that Aquaman a maquette and charged $1200.

Oh you're friends are married, that's different...especially if they have kids. Kids are friggen expensive! My brother and his wife just had their 4th kid on Saturday. I told him if he doesn't go see the urologist that I'm going to hold him down and snip him myself! They don't even have enough room for four kids.

Well I'm sure your neighbor's nephews loved him at least. My dad took the live carefree to an extreme and blew through probably $300K in three years and now he's in debt asking us for money. I won't give him any, he's an idiot.

P.S. Death Star Gunner ordered :p

Last edited:
I'm definitely sure, Harley is #1 in the line! Joker and the hyenas will be #5 & #6. They are getting a little over ambitious with the teases so I'm trying not to get too excited. Although I made a list of all the DC characters I would buy and Steppenwolf isn't on it anyway. I'm hoping between XM and Tweeterhead that I can get every character I want!

I have never seen a widespread issue with a XM piece like you do with Sideshow statues. Every once in a while someone will get something broken or with bad paint, but it's always followed by "XM has already sent a replacement." Sideshow would have labeled that Aquaman a maquette and charged $1200.

Oh you're friends are married, that's different...especially if they have kids. Kids are friggen expensive! My brother and his wife just had their 4th kid on Saturday. I told him if he doesn't go see the urologist that I'm going to hold him down and snip him myself! They don't even have enough room for four kids.

Well I'm sure your neighbor's nephews loved him at least. My dad took the live carefree to an extreme and blew through probably $300K in three years and now he's in debt asking us for money. I won't give him any, he's an idiot.

P.S. Death Star Gunner ordered :p

Ha! Yes! That's awesome! :p

I'm glad you found a brand new line and a brand new company to order from so quickly. I don't think you've ever talked about Tweeterhead before seeing the SDCC pics. This is pretty exciting! :)

I was going to guess Aquaman would have been at least $1200 from Sideshow if he looked like that. Do you know what XM's original MSRP was on Namor? It would be super awesome if he was cheaper than what SS is charging for Thanos. They seem kind of similar in complexity.

The one dude I was talking about was super stingy way before he got married. Other friends married or not are quite a bit less stingy than him, but none have a super expensive hobby. Well, if your brother and his wife don't have room for all of those kids you know where they'll be going :ohno:. Hopefully he gets snipped soon :rofl:.

I feel so bad you got that awful situation with your dad. Its bad enough when someone has issues with their siblings, but having issues with a parent must be the worst.