Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that........."well spotted." Really? It's their porogative to update US, surely?! They haven't even updated this fact on their Indiegogo page - poor, very very poor.
Shouldn't they have given us the opportunity to decide what we would have preferred, seeing as we're backing this? Or is this a money saving tactic?
It should still look superb, admittedly, but they should be updating us and informing us of changes to the original spec - we are backing this, after all.
Paul, do you know if this is coming with a slipcase? I was under the impression it was, but i could be wrong........particularly in light of this.
I would wait until we get the final update in regards to slipcase as in actual photos showing all contents
The original mockup photo yes showed a slipcase

Reactions: Vegano
We were in fact initially referring to a generic metal disc case and not a specific brand.
Well spotted? Seriously, what the hell. And since when has steelbook meant "a generic metal disc case? Never! When talking about some random guy who has no idea of different packaging types, yeah sure, but a supposedly professional company like this... no, you just can't do that.

I would have been absolutely ok with a Futurepak IF it had been told to be one from the beginning. Now this all leaves a sour taste.

Some better ask if CultFilms knows the difference between a 4K disc and DVD, just to be certain
Who knows, maybe they were just refering to a "generic digital optical disc data storage format". While we're at it, they might as well give us Deep Red instead of Suspiria. I mean, both are from Argento right?

Reactions: Lutzo
Ebay is going to be flooded with these, when you say steelbook thats what it should be, they have conned the customer, shocking really, they will have a lot of pissed off collectors and rightly so, false selling and people should have the right to their money back ☹

yep I can see it now, "Sorry it's a DVD, we meant a 4k restoration but we didn't specify the final product"
I think they are about to find out the hard way the difference between a steelbook and futurepak....
Seriously any fan of steels knows the difference and the dislike of futurepaks.....

Right now they need to push the release date way, way back, cut their losses, and start again from scratch - conferring with the backers and all those, that have funded this project, at each stage of it's development, 'cause the way things are going there seems to be no hope for this release, now. I think their lack of interaction and communication is disgraceful - they put out an update, then leave it hanging in mid air. Not even the b&@ls to engage via their forum.

• Thanks
Reactions: Popepug
"So far the package will be:

• An embossed SteelBook"

They use brand name in almost every information and update, then they showing us futurepack telling that its OUR SteelBook. Are they stupid or something? Still waiting for official statment, because now, after product is almost sold out it's look like they don't give a s$$t about backers.

• Thanks

• An embossed SteelBook"

They use brand name in almost every information and update, then they showing us futurepack telling that its OUR SteelBook. Are they stupid or something? Still waiting for official statment, because now, after product is almost sold out it's look like they don't give a s$$t about backers.

SteelBook® is a trade mark of Scanavo...CultFilms shouldn't be using the name for the FuturePak

i am quite upset. I do collect metalpaks too so its not that but it does seem like they are completely dolts and dont see or know the difference. The art/design isnt great either. Hopefully they actually listen to the backers and release and actual steelbook like promised. I am more lenient than some and wont pull my funding because of false advertising but I have a feeling many will

• An embossed SteelBook"

Yep, they've got our hard earned money, nearly £40,000 worth of it, and they can't even respond to our concerns posted in the forum?! That mock up was posted days ago, and they haven't even been bothered to address any of the concerns that people have posted since then - people who have bankrolled this project on the promise that it would be a steelbook.......and then they change the product? Seriously, you promise a steelbook to the very people who collect steelbooks, and then, after you have their money, no steelbook?! I don't think i've seen such blatant disregard and unprofessionalism towards collectors EVER in my life.

• Thanks
Reactions: Popepug
Hopefully you all get what you pay for .... as I know for a fact that they are in for a manufacturing surprise. They need to expand this...

Posted that in November....

wrote in reference to knowing what it costs and MOQs for steelbook and them obviously needing to have money leftover for all the content and UHD part. In the end I ended up backing too last minute so im the boat with everyone here. Could still end up a very nice edition, but what I'm sure they dont know is that many of the supporters on this site thought we were getting one of the most rarest steelbooks officially released. (not talking low slipboxes etc, but actual steelbook case editions) At this point we just have to hope the UHD is good, but I've always been very Leary of that.

I also felt some of their marketing was a way to suggest for people not to support the Synapse release and instead back this. "this will be the definitive edition"

Due to HDN's preorders I wasn't concerned for our Black Label release, though I wondered if it would make us "in-stock" longer. Definitely not the case since we sold out faster then the two previous editions BL01, BL02.

So long as they come through seems like it could be a unique offering, but they really got egg in the face. No way would I have the nerve and balls to make a fundraiser prior to contacting the manufacturing companies to get costs on the matter. So you either did that, or we are to take you at face value and believe you were just clueless enough to call it a SteelBook plenty of times over when you just meant metal case. So bite off the popularity of steelbook to market your project with no intentions of ever making it a steelbook case? Which one is it? If you are to think we dont care about the case and it should only be about the content then why put it in a metal case at all?

The part I love best is insinuating that steelbook just means metal case, and granted I see folks on social media who call just about any metal case that .... but in "our world" to which you are marketing to (folks willing spend that much money on physical media) it's the equivalent of the generation before me simply calling my movies DVDs.

"You got alot of DVDs"
"Actually they are blu-rays"
"Yeah, DVDs. You sure got a lot."
:wacky:

Am afraid that they will just post another update at the end of January like nothing happened. Right now they just like "the case is metal so why you angry?"

Soon they will show us "sneak peak" photo of booklet - one B5 card bent in half.

For sure this is mine last time buying anthing from CultFilms.

• Thanks
I'll keep my order due to the perks from the stretch goal and it being only a couple of quid more than the Italian 4k release, not happy though. Hopefully we get a slipbox so it won't look completely out of place in my collection, the only futurepaks I own are video games.