Slipbox Take Shelter (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive #39) [Korea]

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: September 13, 2017
Purchase link: Plain Archive (pre-order August 10 at 4PM Korea time)
Price: $33.69
Notes: Made-to-Order (cut off date is August 15); Printrun = 1200.

DGw6UuDXoAABBUL.jpg

Take Shelter PO.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching it - I got online to see what people thought about the film (and especially the ending).
There are some weird theories. (I think some people read waaaaay too much into some films).

I genuinely thought Jessica Chastain was in the movie until I got around to watching it and realised it was actually BDH. :bag:
LOL my wife mixes them up all the time. I am a fan of JC so I periodically do slide shows for her to see if she remembers which is which, haha.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
One of those "what if he's right, what if he's not crazy" film. Just like Frailty (2001). Love em both.
I get that some might wanna read into stuff on Take Shelter - but reviews that say it is a story about "mental illness" are waaaaaaaay off base. There is a wrinkle about that, but not the point of the film.
He takes two paths simultaneously- investigates the path of the "real world" possiblity (schizophrenia), while also the taking seriously the prophetic "fantastical" possibility based on his very real feelings of his visions. At the end, one of these turns out to be true, and one false.
Unless you believe in three people having a "shared delusion" at the same time - the ending is pretty clear which was the true path.

Last edited:
LOL my wife mixes them up all the time. I am a fan of JC so I periodically do slide shows for her to see if she remembers which is which, haha.
:LOL::rofl:

Reminds me of my cousins... they're identical twins and both in their mid-twenties now, yet I still can't tell them apart!
The first step is admitting it.:p
"Hi, I'm Nick, and I'm a JC/BDH mixer-upper." :p

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Reminds me of my cousins... they're identical twins and both in their mid-twenties now, yet I still can't tell them apart!
There is some secret with parents of twins - they make a pact with the doctor and mark them on the noggin at birth! They just don't tell anybody!;)
(Look for a small imperceptible tattoo under the hairline that says "1" or "2"):LOL:

Reactions: Noodles