The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)(EMBOSS) [Canada]

Release date: August 19th, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: 26.99$ +tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 6,000
Region: A,B,C (Region Free)

Artwork:
Finish:
Silk
Emboss: Eye on the front is embossed
M2206811.jpg

inside-png.71773

Video presentation:
Via INSTAGRAM

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited:
Noooo, that's not fair. I bought this at full price :( I thought Spiderman did well? What happened?

Its the chance we all take when pre-ordering. So yeah serious sh*tter, but thats life. Price drop doesn't surprise me, my local HMV has loads. Its a crap steelbook and the general opinion by the public is that it's not worth the price.

Maybe Sony will learn from this turd and do something nice for ASM3 "if there is a 3rd"

Its the chance we all take when pre-ordering. So yeah serious sh*tter, but thats life. Price drop doesn't surprise me, my local HMV has loads. Its a crap steelbook and the general opinion by the public is that it's not worth the price.

Maybe Sony will learn from this turd and do something nice for ASM3 "if there is a 3rd"

I'm aware of that risk as well, and I understand price drop over time, its natural. But this was released less than 2 months ago and already a $20 off sale?
Well, I won't be pre-ordering anything from FS from now on, that includes Drive :dunno:
But I don't think this steelbook is crap. I actually like this steelbook. One of the better ones from FS. But I guess they have loads of stock left, hence this kind of price drop.

Reactions: Dragonine
I'm aware of that risk as well, and I understand price drop over time, its natural. But this was released less than 2 months ago and already a $20 off sale?
Well, I won't be pre-ordering anything from FS from now on, that includes Drive :dunno:
But I don't think this steelbook is crap. I actually like this steelbook. One of the better ones from FS. But I guess they have loads of stock left, hence this kind of price drop.

Everywhere has loads left. When it comes to FS, they haven't impressed me of late with releases except the new Drive. I don't actually mind, if it arrives and I don't like it I can quickly sell it on which I did on 2 recently and buy something else. I did keep this one just because I have the first and there isn't an alternative art wise. :)

Everywhere has loads left. When it comes to FS, they haven't impressed me of late with releases except the new Drive. I don't actually mind, if it arrives and I don't like it I can quickly sell it on which I did on 2 recently and buy something else. I did keep this one just because I have the first and there isn't an alternative art wise. :)
You wouldn't be impressed if you're comparing to Asian releases :wtf:. Comparing the ones FS released this year, this steelbook and Captain America 2 is better than others I think. 'Tis the same reason, lack of alternatives, that I will also keep a copy of this around.

Reactions: psychoscot
You wouldn't be impressed if you're comparing to Asian releases :wtf:. Comparing the ones FS released this year, this steelbook and Captain America 2 is better than others I think. 'Tis the same reason, lack of alternatives, that I will also keep a copy of this around.

Cap 2 is one of the ones I sold. I took one look at it and it went bye bye, seriously bad finish and the title on it doesn't bother me much, althought I did actually prefer the FS Thor 2 to the rest of the world version which I know is not a popular opinion to have lol. The full gloss verion available elsewhere just wiped the floor with it, I ended up going with the Nova version. Yes unfortunately as far as I'm concerned the Asian releases are pretty much the bench mark with which I view all releases. Still even then they often get the same steel just with nicer slips and the odd extra's. FS were going downhill fast and turning into the Canadian Zavvi, then ........MONDO! lol which IMO is far more stylish than anything coming out of Asia at present.

Reactions: AlienKing
Cap 2 is one of the ones I sold. I took one look at it and it went bye bye, seriously bad finish and the title on it doesn't bother me much, althought I did actually prefer the FS Thor 2 to the rest of the world version which I know is not a popular opinion to have lol. The full gloss verion available elsewhere just wiped the floor with it, I ended up going with the Nova version. Yes unfortunately as far as I'm concerned the Asian releases are pretty much the bench mark with which I view all releases. Still even then they often get the same steel just with nicer slips and the odd extra's. FS were going downhill fast and turning into the Canadian Zavvi, then ........MONDO! lol which IMO is far more stylish than anything coming out of Asia at present.
Well there's your problem buddy lol Futureshop makes way too much money with everything else to care for steels alone. I actually prefer the Captain America's title on the spine vs those ugly avatars of the characters on the spine. I did, however, buy the NM lenti and I don't know if its the title or picture on NM release; I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Still, since it won't matter either way, when I display the title will show on the slip so I will most likely get rid of the FS version.

Reactions: psychoscot
Well there's your problem buddy lol Futureshop makes way too much money with everything else to care for steels alone. I actually prefer the Captain America's title on the spine vs those ugly avatars of the characters on the spine. I did, however, buy the NM lenti and I don't know if its the title or picture on NM release; I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Still, since it won't matter either way, when I display the title will show on the slip so I will most likely get rid of the FS version.

Yeah the spine is the one area that p*sses me off! I display my Marvel steels front facing so it's not too big a problem, but they do look stupid in my opinion. Disney cost cutting at it's best. Thank god Spider-Man and X-Men are with Fox and Sony or I'm guessing they would have the same stupid image spines too.

The titles listed are duds for steelbooks, it's only natural for a steep price drop. I wasn't impressed with TASM2 steel, a big fail for Sony and I'm sure a bunch of copies were printed. Same with Captain Phillips, there were so many @ BB when it came out and a week later, it disappeared... maybe BB got the memo and opted to do a big sale for the TASM2 Magno case. Elysium can still be found at Target USA stores and I've seen it as low as $13.99. MIB3 meh... Sony needs to step up. Don't get me started on the upcoming Sony Wave design.

That said, in for 1 for the TASM2 simply as a flip/trade filler.

Last edited: