The Big Blue (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 16, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Tues 3/3 12pm GMT)
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 and WEA (Worldwide Exclusive Art).

01.jpg

00.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? Be interested to see how well this does considering most collectors will have the Kimchi version by now. I've no doubt that due to the limited run it will still sell out to scalpers.

Wonder what cover they will go with?

The UK title of this sounds so crappy compared to the original title. They would be wise to go title-less on this one.

Reactions: chunk
Never seen this, but heard great things! It all depends on artwork again for me though.

The UK title of this sounds so crappy compared to the original title. They would be wise to go title-less on this one.

Or just use the French title like they have with La Haine.

Anyway, I think Kimchi absorbed most of the storm for re-releasing this one. With different artwork, this should offer an alternative for anyone who doesn't have that.

Or just use the French title like they have with La Haine.

Anyway, I think Kimchi absorbed most of the storm for re-releasing this one. With different artwork, this should offer an alternative for anyone who doesn't have that.

La Haine is the UK title too though, unlike with this one.

I don't have a problem with the English title personally, but then I've always known the film by that name. I wouldn't mind the French translation (Le Grand Bleu) either though... has a nice ring to it.

Any chance this might contain the US version with the added scene & alternate soundtrack?

Luc Besson won't allow it to be released apparently hence why the only way to see it is either on The first release US VHS or Laserdisc from 1988

Last edited:
Reactions: denizen
There was quite a few different variations of poster artwork used when it was released so it will be interesting to see if they use any of the others

(If you check out my collection album via my profile you'll see the different artworks)