The Big Blue (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 16, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Tues 3/3 12pm GMT)
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 and WEA (Worldwide Exclusive Art).

01.jpg

00.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for delivery

My first order went AWOL in the post system it was shipped on 27th March
It did not arrive

Zavvi then agreed to sent me a replacement and was shipped on the 21st of April
I'M still waiting for the replacement to arrive

Its strange how my other orders different steelbooks shipped later arrive before this
I love to see exactly how they process orders shipped and are they really shipped when you get your despatched email or is it at a later time and sometimes they forget to actually post your order or do they use different companies at times of collection of parcels to be posted to customers

Has my Big Blue Steelbook gone for a swim in the Atlantic ocean and with the dolphins :rofl:

That reminds me, never did get my copy...doesn't surprise me anyways as Zavvi sent it via craptastic Yodel

Same here. Requested a new copy 9 days ago. Still haven't received it :hilarious:

still find it odd that this was shipped out via Yodel, when all other steelbooks go via Royal Mail

It was no surprise to me mine wouldn't arrive, I might just ask for a refund (and then wait 3 months for the refund to finally happen, which happened last time Yodel didn't deliver)

I'm still waiting for delivery

My first order went AWOL in the post system it was shipped on 27th March
It did not arrive

Zavvi then agreed to sent me a replacement and was shipped on the 21st of April
I'M still waiting for the replacement to arrive

Its strange how my other orders different steelbooks shipped later arrive before this
I love to see exactly how they process orders shipped and are they really shipped when you get your despatched email or is it at a later time and sometimes they forget to actually post your order or do they use different companies at times of collection of parcels to be posted to customers

Has my Big Blue Steelbook gone for a swim in the Atlantic ocean and with the dolphins :rofl:

Same here. Requested a new copy 9 days ago. Still haven't received it :hilarious:
Have you guys received it ?

last 2 items I've had from Yodel, they have put them in my recycling bin as they wouldn't fit through the letterbox. No note or anything. Only noticed them when I was emptying the bin.... Seriously, who puts a cardboard parcel in a card recycling bin?? F-ing idiots (same thing happens with Hermes too, it seems)

last 2 items I've had from Yodel, they have put them in my recycling bin as they wouldn't fit through the letterbox. No note or anything. Only noticed them when I was emptying the bin.... Seriously, who puts a cardboard parcel in a card recycling bin?? F-ing idiots (same thing happens with Hermes too, it seems)
The same thing happened to a friend of mine but the bin was at the bottom of his drive awaiting collection. He was lucky as his neighbour made a point of telling that she had seen someone put something in the bin!

Reactions: davhyl
Your post is not legally delivered if left outside in waste bins
UK/Ireland post must be delivered to the address and put through a home/apartment letter box or inside/outside secure post box

All post delivery of post/parcels that don't fit through a letterbox if no answer at address a failed delivery note be left at the address if parcel cant fit through a letter box
If this not happening make a complaint

USA for some strange reason allow post/parcels be left outside

Customers in UK/Ireland we have postal delivery rules that clearly state post must be delivered inside a home and not outside unless its a secure post box that's outside

Don't leave instructions with a retailer/delivery company to put your post/parcels in a outside bin as if a loss/damage happens due to theft or weather damage they are not liable as you told them to put your mail in a unsecure location that's outside

Post is delivered when its put through your letter box or left in a outside secure post box
If an attempt to deliver a parcel cant be done due to no answer at the property a note of failed delivery be left with instructions how to get your parcel re delivered or were to collect from as in Local Post/Courier Sorting office

Do not allow a courier or post delivery company leave your post or parcels outside unless its in a secure outside post box

If your going to leave instructions with a delivery courier if no answer at your property you can leave instructions to leave with a neighbour just make sure its one you trust

Last edited:
i finally decided to get this bargain it reminds me the blue color like Tortuga still, not bad for that price, never sen this but i have always the curiosity to watch it....

Please be careful when ordering this item from Zavvi. I ordered a number of Steelbooks from them recently, 2 of them being Big Blue Steelbooks. All of the other Steelbooks I ordered arrived in regular Zavvi packaging but both of my Big Blue Steelbooks arrived in flimsy cardboard envelopes with zero padding. Of course one of them was damaged in transit...I am surprised both weren't!

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
I plan on buying this (my first steelbook!) as a gift for my father and I'd appreciate if someone who has it could confirm that there's english subtitles for both versions (i.e. not english subtitles just for french audio and no subtitles for [original] english audio). Maybe it's a dumb question, but better safe than sorry.

I plan on buying this (my first steelbook!) as a gift for my father and I'd appreciate if someone who has it could confirm that there's english subtitles for both versions (i.e. not english subtitles just for french audio and no subtitles for [original] english audio). Maybe it's a dumb question, but better safe than sorry.
This steelbook has both the French theatrical version (~138min) and the Director's cut (~169min)

Theatrical version has French/English Audio
Includes English Subtitles for both French and English Audio

Director's cut has French and English Audio

Reactions: evuki
This steelbook has both the French theatrical version (~138min) and the Director's cut (~169min)

Theatrical version has French/English Audio

Director's cut has French and English Audio
Thanks, buying it right now :)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Your post is not legally delivered if left outside in waste bins
UK/Ireland post must be delivered to the address and put through a home/apartment letter box or inside/outside secure post box

All post delivery of post/parcels that don't fit through a letterbox if no answer at address a failed delivery note be left at the address if parcel cant fit through a letter box
If this not happening make a complaint

USA for some strange reason allow post/parcels be left outside

Customers in UK/Ireland we have postal delivery rules that clearly state post must be delivered inside a home and not outside unless its a secure post box that's outside

Don't leave instructions with a retailer/delivery company to put your post/parcels in a outside bin as if a loss/damage happens due to theft or weather damage they are not liable as you told them to put your mail in a unsecure location that's outside

Post is delivered when its put through your letter box or left in a outside secure post box
If an attempt to deliver a parcel cant be done due to no answer at the property a note of failed delivery be left with instructions how to get your parcel re delivered or were to collect from as in Local Post/Courier Sorting office

Do not allow a courier or post delivery company leave your post or parcels outside unless its in a secure outside post box

If your going to leave instructions with a delivery courier if no answer at your property you can leave instructions to leave with a neighbour just make sure its one you trust

A print (of Hail Caesar from Mondo) was left outside by one then it chucked it down. I complained to Yodel, showed them a video of me with not effort being able to squeeze a cm thick cardboard tube. What did they do? F all. Some sort of half-arsed apology that's it. No compensation. Useless company.

On topic though, sounds like not buying was a wise choice. Does it address the amaray issue which I discovered half way through is DUBBED into French then subbed back into English?

On topic though, sounds like not buying was a wise choice. Does it address the amaray issue which I discovered half way through is DUBBED into French then subbed back into English?
The Blu-ray in the steelbook is the re-release from November 2009
It was the September 2009 Blu-ray that had audio issues

You should not be getting any Sept 2009 Amaary Blu-ray from any retailer they should be selling the corrected Nov 2009 re release as StudioCancal replaced all stock with corrected disc

The Blu-ray in the steelbook is the re-release from November 2009
It was the September 2009 Blu-ray that had audio issues

You should not be getting any Sept 2009 Amaary Blu-ray from any retailer they should be selling the corrected Nov 2009 re release as StudioCancal replaced all stock with corrected disc

classic CEX ;)

Reactions: paulboland