Release Date: 15th September 2014
Buy links:
Arrow Link
Amazon
Zavvi

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis: HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
High Definition digital transfer
Newly created exclusive content
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
More to be announced closer to the release date

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks nice but really what was the **** delay? :/

Is that gloss? Doesn't look embossed at all :(

looks matte like the rest of recent arrow steelbook (which i'm completely ok with). and it was never announced as being embossed, was it? i know only one embossed arrow steelbook, and that's "battle royale".

If you read any of this thread you would know that the Steelbook was delayed to add an array of extras and special features. Including commentary and a transfer restoration. These things take time.

Reactions: rover
Mine arrived today, nice looking steelbook, on par with other Arrow ones like Big Trouble. Haven't seen this movie in about 10 years, so hopefully it's as good as I remember!

19/02/2014
I ordered and was paid for
Still at warehouse
Has anyone in Rep of Ireland had a despatched notice
How come those who ordered in March have had theirs despatched

19/02/2014
I ordered and was paid for
Still at warehouse
Has anyone in Rep of Ireland had a despatched notice
How come those who ordered in March have had theirs despatched
I made this point yesterday (a few posts back). Ordered it day one and still no sign of it moving.

Are Arrow always this slow? :(

I made this point yesterday (a few posts back). Ordered it day one and still no sign of it moving.

Are Arrow always this slow? :(
Depends on the release but usually as soon as they get the stock they despatch to those who ordered from their online shop
I will give it a couple of days before I contact them they might have a lot of online orders to process with this release
Just surprised some in the UK who ordered in Feb did not get a despatch notice but some who ordered in March have

[QE="BluSteel2012, post: 1142943, member: 3631"]I made this point yesterday (a few posts back). Ordered it day one and still no sign of it moving.

Are Arrow always this slow? :([/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 day 1 & haven't received dispatch for either.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
This has been a hugely popular title for Arrow so they may have experienced more orders than normal hence the slight delay in getting them posted out.

well they don't actually need to get it to you until the 15th...
Another day 1 purchase (though for £6 thanks to points from the x-mas sale), I tweeted them earlier about it and they replied email on [email protected] to check status. I guess a reply will be tomorrow

I ordered in FEB also and still 'in warehouse' so much for getting them before other companies :(
We will still get it before Zavvi/Amazon will as they wont get it until just before the 15/09/2014
Arrow delivery times is only a few days so even if its not shipped from their arrow online shop till end of this week or start of next week for customers who ordered with arrow direct you should have it before Zavvi/amazon ship to customers
Today is only the 3/09/2014