The Conan Chronicles (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 30, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon - Barnes & Noble - DiabolikDVD - Walmart - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA
Price: $60.00 (Arrow Video) - $44.99 (Amazon) - $89.99 (Barnes & Noble) - $64.99 (DiabolikDVD) - $47.83 (Walmart) - $59.99 (Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA)
Notes: 3 Discs (Disc 1 UHD Conan the Barbarian - Disc 2 Blu-ray Extras Region A locked - Disc 3 UHD Conan the Destroyer)

Very close to been sold out with most USA retailers.

Amazon USA had release date as February 20 note they are the only retailer in USA who listed that date.
It's TBC if Amazon USA will be getting delivery of stock for all customers orders done.
Edit February 12
Amazon now has listed release date as February 10 but showing as out of stock.

The Conan Chronicles UHD.jpg

Last edited:
So Paul, do you think that Amazon will change their release date to January 30 or are they actually releasing February 20?
Amazon USA they might change back to January 30 or not do it
Their release dates listed are not always accurate

Note when amazon get delivery of stock from supplier can be different sometimes to other retailers for various reasons but that does not change what a label has listed as the actual release date
Amazon USA sometimes list a different release date based on when they expect to receive stock from supplier
You will know when amazon are preparing your order for dispatch when they send payment request to your bank

It's not unusual to see other retailers take payment and ship orders before Amazon

Note
Release date was previously January 16 before Arrow changed it to January 30
Some retailers in USA still has January 16 date they just not updated to 30th

Reactions: Lone Crusader
You go by what Arrow Video Website lists in regards to release date it's their product release.
OP has correct release date .

There are lots of other USA/Canada retailers that still have January 30th as the release date.
Amazon USA also still has Jan 30 for the Conan Chronicles Blu-ray Edition and for individual 4K and Blu-ray releases of Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer

Amazon USA listing February 20 for 4K edition is a error and that date does not apply to other USA/Canada retailers
Amazon Canada has correct date

Yet Amazon is one of the links in thread.

Arrow has release date listed as January 30 so can you update thread now with release date of Amazon.

Last edited:
Amazon USA they might change back to January 30 or not do it
Their release dates listed are not always accurate

Note when amazon get delivery of stock from supplier can be different sometimes to other retailers for various reasons but that does not change what a label has listed as the actual release date
Amazon USA sometimes list a different release date based on when they expect to receive stock from supplier
You will know when amazon are preparing your order for dispatch when they send payment request to your bank

It's not unusual to see other retailers take payment and ship orders before Amazon

Note
Release date was previously January 16 before Arrow changed it to January 30
Some retailers in USA still has January 16 date they just not updated to 30th
Well, hopefully Arrow tells Amazon to go ahead and release them on Jan., 30 before we get to that date.

Well, hopefully Arrow tells Amazon to go ahead and release them on Jan., 30 before we get to that date.
Amazon will take payment and dispatch orders when they get delivery of stock to their amazon fulfillment locations
That can be on or after the official listed release date labels has listed

Arrow Video has release date listed as January 30 for The Conan Chronicles

4K Edition

Blu-ray Edition

Amazon sometimes has delays in getting delivery of stock but other retailers get delivery of stock before amazon

DiabolikDVD
Updated today to list January 30 as the release date for the 4K edition.
They previously had listed January 16.

The Blu-ray Edition DiabolikDVD they still have listed as January 16 that will get updated at some stage to Jan 30.

Some customers in Canada just had orders shipped from retailer Unobstructed View in regards to Individual releases of Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer.

Unobstructed View look after distribution of Arrow releases in Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
Some customers in USA and Canada have already got delivery on Saturday

USA retailer Atomic Movie Store and Canada retailer Unobstructed View shipped orders early even though they have January 30 listed as the release date on their websites.
It's not unusual for the above listed retailers in USA/Canada to ship orders early as they dispatch orders when they get delivery of stock.

Also Best Buy has started to process payment on orders

Photos credit to yourmomcalled member from BD Forum
Slipbox is hard box aka rigid

qTFjByS.jpeg odeX7Oq.jpeg r2tZSil.jpeg qpf2VGc.jpeg VNg6lSQ.jpeg p3bniDu.jpeg

How come some were already dispatched by other retailers while order is still pending at arrow ?
Arrow USA Store has to wait until the USA distributor MVD provides the stock to arrow warehouse in Shepherdsville Kentucky.

Arrow Video USA and Arrow Films UK website stores it's not the same operational setup in terms how distribution of releases is done.
The difference with Arrow Films in UK is they handle distribution themselves of UK releases and supply retailers and other suppliers.

USA
MVD Entertainment Group do the distribution of Arrow releases in USA and some other suppliers who get stock from MVD are used to ship stock to retailers in USA.
I could post link to MVD Entertainment Group distribution website but you need a business retailer account to use it.
MVD have a separate consumer shop note that's different to their distributor website.

Canada
Unobstructed View are the distributor for arrow releases.

When the arrow warehouse in USA get stock delivered the Arrow Video USA Store will start processing payment and dispatch of orders that can be a few days before or after release date.

Some retailers in USA/Canada often get delivery of stock from MVD/Unobstructed View before Arrow USA warehouse does that's been happening for a few years.
It's not unusual for some of the smaller independent retailers in USA/Canada to take payment and ship early before arrow official listed release date.
Some USA retailers wait until a few days before the arrow official listed release date before taking payment and doing disptach even if they already had delivery of stock a few weeks before.
Amazon don't ship early for example.

• Informative
Reactions: Jocelin
Arrow USA Store has to wait until the USA distributor MVD provides the stock to arrow warehouse in Shepherdsville Kentucky.

Arrow Video USA and Arrow Films UK website stores it's not the same operational setup in terms how distribution of releases is done.
The difference with Arrow Films in UK is they handle distribution themselves of UK releases and supply retailers and other suppliers.

USA
MVD Entertainment Group do the distribution of Arrow releases in USA and some other suppliers who get stock from MVD are used to ship stock to retailers in USA.
I could post link to MVD Entertainment Group distribution website but you need a business retailer account to use it.
MVD have a separate consumer shop note that's different to their distributor website.

Canada
Unobstructed View are the distributor for arrow releases.

When the arrow warehouse in USA get stock delivered the Arrow Video USA Store will start processing payment and dispatch of orders that can be a few days before or after release date.

Some retailers in USA/Canada often get delivery of stock from MVD/Unobstructed View before Arrow USA warehouse does that's been happening for a few years.
It's not unusual for some of the smaller independent retailers in USA/Canada to take payment and ship early before arrow official listed release date.
Some USA retailers wait until a few days before the arrow official listed release date before taking payment and doing disptach even if they already had delivery of stock a few weeks before.
Amazon don't ship early for example.
Thanks a lot for the explanation ! @paulboland

Reactions: paulboland
@Jocelin
Arrow Video USA warehouse has got delivery of the stock.

My order debit card has payment taken
Status awaiting shipment.
I got a mail today that there was an issue wkth my payment. Weird cause i checked my order and i used paypal, no idea what went wrong, cant find any transaction in history, but got the paypal mail confirmation when i ordered in october.
I now paid with paypal and it was charged immediately. Hope i get it sooned dispatched. Can't wait to get it. One of my all time favourite if not my all time favourite

Reactions: hatredhorror
I got a mail today that there was an issue wkth my payment. Weird cause i checked my order and i used paypal, no idea what went wrong, cant find any transaction in history, but got the paypal mail confirmation when i ordered in october.
I now paid with paypal and it was charged immediately. Hope i get it sooned dispatched. Can't wait to get it. One of my all time favourite if not my all time favourite
This happens often in regards to paypal with arrow store websites when doing pre orders in advance.
That's why I don't use paypal with arrow store websites.
I use Debit/Credit Cards instead with Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA websites and that failed payment notice has never happened on my pre orders.

Arrow Website
WHY CAN I SEE A TRANSACTION PENDING IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT?
When opting to pay via PayPal, you will see a notification in your PayPal account which authorises the payment to be taken when your order is ready for dispatch. Until dispatch, payment is not debited from your PayPal account.

What happens is
When arrow ready to process payments with paypal on pre orders done months in advance sometimes the pending transaction is gone from a customers paypal account history for item ordered.

Note
When you get that failed payment notice email from arrow just login into your arrow account click your orders and resubmit payment method you want to use and payment will then be done.
You can only do this when you get failed payment notice.

This happens often in regards to paypal with arrow store websites when doing pre orders in advance.
That's why I don't use paypal with arrow store websites.

Arrow Website
WHY CAN I SEE A TRANSACTION PENDING IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT?
When opting to pay via PayPal, you will see a notification in your PayPal account which authorises the payment to be taken when your order is ready for dispatch. Until dispatch, payment is not debited from your PayPal account.

What happens is
When arrow ready to process payments with paypal on pre orders done months in advance sometimes the pending transaction is gone from a customers paypal account history for item ordered.

Note
When you get that failed payment notice email from arrow just login into your arrow account click your orders and resubmit payment method you want to use and payment will then be done.
You can only do this when you get failed payment notice.

Note
I use Debit/Credit Cards instead with Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video websites and that failed payment notice has never happened on my pre orders.
Thanks @paulboland very helpful (as usual) ;)
Never had thar kind of issue with other retailers like fnac, sometimes a year later...

Reactions: paulboland
Meanwhile Amazon release date is still February 20th and not January 30th as mentioned *BYYOUKNOWWHO* in this thread. :BS:

Meanwhile Amazon release date is still February 20th and not January 30th as mentioned *BYYOUKNOWWHO* in this thread. :BS:
It is January 30, Amazon entered the incorrect date. I got in touch with Amazon CS and there aware of the mistake and have sent the report to the appropriate people and now we just wait until they fix it.

Also let’s not start in other members again, it’s just not appropriate.