The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work Geek - The T2 lenti looks great, I've not seen that one before - where did you get it?

Hi After, I am not sure 'Geek' posted that anywhere, but if done here, I can add it to the 1st post for you guys. Thanks all!

Hello! :)

Actually its my bad, I thought that Geek manufacturing them for himself but I realized that he is taking them from other bluray releases etc. I will be searching net about that, I dont believe that it will be costy to create one. But not sure if its possible to do that at home by yourself. I believe that some kind of professional printer and such is needed.

Let me see what I can find about it. And I will also talk with some agencies in here that are doing stuff like that.

Will let you know if I can find something useful!

Thanks a lot.

Hey Geek, any tips for removing the lenti from the slip, I had a careful practice run (or so I thought), didn't turn out too well for the lenti. :(

Hey Geek, any tips for removing the lenti from the slip, I had a careful practice run (or so I thought), didn't turn out too well for the lenti. :(

Did it remove the backing of the lenti leaving it see-trough?
That happened with my Source Code one I made, so I had to buy another one off eBay. Luckily it didn't happen the second time.
I was going to heat the glue with a hair dryer/heat gun but didn't have to in the end. Not sure what else you could do...

Did it remove the backing of the lenti leaving it see-trough?
That happened with my Source Code one I made, so I had to buy another one off eBay. Luckily it didn't happen the second time.
I was going to heat the glue with a hair dryer/heat gun but didn't have to in the end. Not sure what else you could do...

Yeah, that's more or less what happened, mine was Ghost Rider: SOV, these UK lenti's are really stuck on tight.

I have not really had any problems like that. I try to tear it off so that it takes more of the cardboard backing with it that I can later remove with the goo gone.

I set the slip lenticular side down on a soft cloth laid on a flat surface. I then lift the corner of the cardboard slip and pin the lenticular down keeping it flat with my fingers as I pull the slipcover away from it with my other hand.

There was one instance where I messed up and took paint off the back of the lenticular but it was at the step where I was attaching the magnetic backing.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Nemo...

Any tips on getting the corners rounded like that, as most lenticulars are straight cornered. Is it just a case of cutting round corners with a scalpel?

I was going to do this to some of mine as well, as I usually throw my slips away. But I just do not like the blu banner across the top at all.