Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The Dark Knight Metal Slip Case
Big W Exclusive
Price: $31.93

Note: Extremely rare to come by, BD release with a metal cover for TDK. Was a Big W exclusive ... Big W is alot like Targets here in the States. $31.93 at release.

tdk_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dazza78
wow - you try ages to get 1, finally paid $150 on ebay to get one, and then the next week paid $80 for a collection of 10 BD's which happened to include TDK and F&F quadrilogy metal slips in mint condition!! i've had a good week..

I don't think seller realised its true value!

i'd concur with that!! :D

still, eighty bucks for him is better than nothing.

had some decent luck with a few metal slips recently (see the other threads). pays to keep your eyes open with these things.

sure someone once said "good things come to those who wait...." :cool:

Great pickup you snagged, I like these metal slip additions Aussy does. Gives a nice quality feel with the metal cover.

Great pickup you snagged, I like these metal slip additions Aussy does. Gives a nice quality feel with the metal cover.

yes agree - only moved to oz a yr ago from london, so came into these late. but they are way better than steelbooks imho - they really look the part and are really weighty - and when they look as good as TDK or Gladiator they are spectacular.

Was watching this in an eBay auction yesterday morning that rapidly went higher than my budget allowed - ended up at 300 pounds!! I think that's the record for it so far.

Was watching this in an eBay auction yesterday morning that rapidly went higher than my budget allowed - ended up at 300 pounds!! I think that's the record for it so far.

I was watching/bidding too. I only need this for the complete set now. IT WILL BE MINE!!!!

I missed out on a Terminator 2 slipcase earlier today and was angry. That anger has subsided since I have now managed to obtain this, the holy grail of slipcases :D

Will take some photos during the week once received.

terminator slipcase went for $150 yeah?
Yeh, $151.something

I f#@ked up my bid with 10 seconds remaining. Went to type in $160 and I type $1460. Probably wouldn't have made any difference but the bid ended by the time I highlighted, typed, clicked, then clicked to confirm. I was :angry: at myself.

The Dark Knight slip cost me $134. Apparently mint, but we shall see. I didn't want to spend more than $125, but seeing as I recently found some bargains ($50 Saving Private Ryan slip and a $30 Inglourious Basterds slip), I thought I'd overspend a little :p